OT: Covid-19 (Part 54) New Year, New Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Show me the data that proves that the curfew worked so well... It was useless, stop justifying it.

Not sure about the second curfew. The first one either coincided with a dip or caused it. I'd open the restaurants and consider keeping the curfew, and it's really not because I like curfews in any way. The curfew is definitely a bad precedent to have on the books, but if it kept people from going to house parties it may have helped with the pandemic.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
And Alberta declared the pandemic to be over at the start of the summer… how’d that go?
Close to utopia status:

BC1ED9DC-CED1-4DF8-B9B8-43443BD012BC.jpeg

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Not the best of news....

Cases are not slowing down in Denmark, Hospitalization seems to have hit s peak, started to slow down and now they are on the rise.

The reason....you've guessed it. A new variant.
Seems to be outcompeting the original Omicron in both Denmark and UK just started.

Some are saying that it's more virulent but not real hard data to back it up but it seems to be more transmissible from early data. Also, seems that some tests doesn't work on them.

Very early to draw any conclusion

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
I think it’s well within reason to debate the efficacy of various measures such as curfews, closures, bubbles, etc. Sure, they’re helpful in some capacity. But does the positive outweigh the negative. It depends who you ask and what their life looks like. At the end of the day, I personally won’t ever be upset that the government is doing what they think they need to do to save lives. But I can understand why others are tired and frustrated with all the rules two years on.

Reactions: Cypruss

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The virus became endemic, according to UK and Spanish authorities, they are treating it accordingly.

People are still free to wear the mask, to take the vaccine and do whatever they need to feel safe.

What is the issue with that ? :huh:

1) Are they free to clog the healthcare system?

2) Wearing a mask isn't for the mask wearer, its for other people.

At end of the day I truly hope we reach an endemic phase but as evidenced before we are always too reactive and not proactive. Vaccine passports, boosters and masks should be promoted for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: BozoTheClown

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
Finally a country with a brain

England's Plan B measures are to end from next Thursday, with mandatory face coverings in public places and Covid passports both dropped, Boris Johnson has announced.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

England's Plan B measures are to end from next Thursday, with mandatory face coverings in public places and Covid passports both dropped, Boris Johnson has announced.

That is probably due to the Christmas Parties he took part in. Now he wants to gain some popularity.

Reactions: LarryO and Forum93

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

You see....over the last few months, many places did exactly.
Alberta declared the pandemic was over....Denmark also dropped all measures.....UK actually dropped pretty much all measure at some point last summer also.

Let's wait and see how this goes before saying they have brains.....cause everytime it failed.
If it succeed, then we will have a path to follow without putting us at risk for trying.

The virus will decide when it's over....not politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad