OT: Covid-19 (Part 54) New Year, New Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Got Moderna yesterday.

I'm wrecked today.
I woke up 4 am with frissons (goosebumps?) without being cold.
I was shaking and tried gather my breathing.
muscle soreness, and tired.

Still managed to work for the whole day.

first 2 doses with Pfizer, I had almost no adverse effect.

I'm glad I managed to get vaccinated. I'm not interested to get the virus in my system.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
We should continue the curfew then, it was so smart, we should even add more measures... If people stay home, the virus won't circulate, it's logical. :popcorn:

So your logic is that since numbers are still bad, the measures we have in place are doing nothing at all?

How do you know that the numbers wouldn't be far worse if we didn't have these measures? What data do you have to support this?

Reactions: LarryO

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Got Moderna yesterday.

I'm wrecked today.

I'm glad I managed to get vaccinated. I'm not interested to get the virus in my system.

Similar to you, I had Pfizer first 2 times, no effects. The Moderna booster hurt a lot more and the day after I felt sore and tired. But all good the next day after a hot shower.

Reactions: llamateizer

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
So your logic is that since numbers are still bad, the measures we have in place are doing nothing at all?

How do you know that the numbers wouldn't be far worse if we didn't have these measures? What data do you have to support this?

Show me the data that proves that the curfew worked so well... It was useless, stop justifying it.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Show me the data that proves that the curfew worked so well... It was useless, stop justifying it.

You're asking me to show you data that you know doesn't exist because we don't have 2 test groups.

By your logic, COVID is still spreading, so masks and vaccines must be useless too. And hey, many people who go to the hospital with COVID still die, so medical care is probably also useless.

The curfew isn't even in place anymore so I don't know what you're still whining about.

LarryO

Feb 12, 2009
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Got Moderna yesterday.

I'm wrecked today.

Similar for me. I got Pfizer for the first two with no adverse effects. I got the Moderna booster in the morning, started feeling a bit nausious before supper, had a bit of diarrhea after supper, chills in the evening. After a good night's sleep under an extra blanket, I was perfectly fine in the morning. Even then, I can't guarantee that those symptoms were due to the vaccine.

Just FYI, frissons would be chills. Goosebumps is chair de poule.

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
Why ? It's been close to two years with draconian measures, it's time to move on, people are vaccinated, we have pills to help and Omicron took over... The economy is ruined, people are tired mentally, let's stop the hysteria and learn to live with it.

I try to give anti-mandate/anti-vax/anti-do-anything-at-all people the benefit of the doubt but it's really hard to take them seriously when they refer to masks, the simplest and least intrusive measure of them all, as "draconian". Just completely divorced from reality.

Reactions: Forum93

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Maybe we should increase opportunities for people to spread it around. Would you prefer that?
Yes. At this point, open everything up, put limits but stop with the desperate measures. It's been 2 years...trends everywhere are Up/down, seasonal.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
You're asking me to show you data that you know doesn't exist because we don't have 2 test groups.

By your logic, COVID is still spreading, so masks and vaccines must be useless too. And hey, many people who go to the hospital with COVID still die, so medical care is probably also useless.

The curfew isn't even in place anymore so I don't know what you're still whining about.

Ontario had almost the same measures as us, without the curfew, we can compare with them... The curfew was useless.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I try to give anti-mandate/anti-vax/anti-do-anything-at-all people the benefit of the doubt but it's really hard to take them seriously when they refer to masks, the simplest and least intrusive measure of them all, as "draconian". Just completely divorced from reality.

Can you read ? Where did I talk about masks specifically ? :huh:

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

WeeBey

Aug 7, 2009
montreal
The video is not only about the mask mandates and why are you deflecting the subject to talk about other people ? You made a mistake, it's fine, don't dig deeper.

Half of the video is about masks and it the loosening of restrictions on masks got the biggest cheer of all the announcements. I think pointing out that people have been massive babies about the masks for two years is relevant.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Half of the video is about masks and it the loosening of restrictions on masks got the biggest cheer of all the announcements. I think pointing out that people have been massive babies about the masks for two years is relevant.

You were clearly talking about me, because you referred to the words "draconian measures", that I used... Your whole rant was about the use of these words, in reference to the masks, a reference that I never made.

Come on...

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
You were clearly talking about me, because you referred to the words "draconian measures", that I used... Your whole rant was about the use of these words, in reference to the masks, a reference that I never made.

Come on...

That's enough Cristiano. @WeeBey was talking about you because you posted the clown's tweet about removing mask mandates and other measures and responded with "There's still hope guys!!!
That's fine, you made a mistake, don't dig further. :popcorn:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You know I keep hearing "people don't want to vaccinate anymore" but we're consistently close to 100k total vaccinations per day. This completely destroys our original vaccination pace. It will slow down eventually, I know that but so far it doesn't look like we'll have trouble hitting above 80% for the booster.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Ontario had almost the same measures as us, without the curfew, we can compare with them... The curfew was useless.

We can't compare with them, because things are different from one place to another. The epidemiological situation is different in every single province of this country.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
We can't compare with them, because things are different from one place to another. The epidemiological situation is different in every single province of this country.

To be honest I think by now people found alternatives to curfews and the effectiveness is limited.

I think limiting gatherings at restaurants and capacity of stores is more useful.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
That's enough Cristiano. @WeeBey was talking about you because you posted the clown's tweet about removing mask mandates and other measures and responded with "There's still hope guys!!!
That's fine, you made a mistake, don't dig further. :popcorn:

The virus became endemic, according to UK and Spanish authorities, they are treating it accordingly.

People are still free to wear the mask, to take the vaccine and do whatever they need to feel safe.

What is the issue with that ? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad