OT: Covid-19 Part 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I didn't say the mutations happen in vaccinated people. I said vaccination placed evolutionary pressure for the virus to evolve. Again, it's basic biology. The original strains can't infect the vaccinated as easily, so only the viruses with mutations will be able to go around and they got a clear field (le champs libre).

The exact same thing you are describing would happen after enough hosts would have acquired natural immunity through infection...

Edit: and that's the advantage of vaccination acquired immunity. Yes you are right, sterilization immunity will get bypassed by evading mutants (both true for vaccination and infection immunity) but the vaccine provides a proven safe way to prime your immune system for a much milder illness course.

Data is already showing that vaccine or infection immunity grants a much milder illness when contracting omicron.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
What's your point actually?

I mean, it's obvious that people who caught the virus is spreading it, no matter they're vaccination status but it's also a fact that unvaccinated caught the virus a lot more than the vaccinated people, so that group spread it more.

No one expect covid zero.....no one.
We just want it to be manageable.

No one is denying that those showing symptoms are spreading covid, and that non vaccinated people get more symptoms. Should we ignore asymptomatic spread?

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
No one is denying that those showing symptoms are spreading covid, and that non vaccinated people get more symptoms. Should we ignore asymptomatic spread?

The immense success of the covid virus is its ability to spread before any symptoms, even if the rest of the illness course is severe or asymptomatic.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
And yet here you are using a pejorative term, labeling everyone who for whatever reason did not get the vaccine, whether it be due to a health condition, or disagreement with the coercive ostracizing measures, as an "antivaxxer". Sounds like you're in a cult or something, but hey this is definitely not identity politics. :nod:
More make-believe memes. Let me know when you're ready to discuss facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad