OT: Covid-19 Part 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Yeah, they created Omicron. Great analysis bud.

I'd anything the vaccines have placed evolutionary pressure on the virus. Adapt or disappear. Basic biology. Just like antibiotics resistant bacterias.

That's false.

Research debunks myth that COVID vaccination promotes mutations

Vaccination greatly helps the body at stopping replication. Less replication, less mutation.

It's been theorized that many variants emerged from immunocompromised individuals, where the virus could replicate nearly endlessly.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Anyone can spread it. Younger kids are not vaccinated or very few still are. Not thjeir fault. But mature teens and adults who have the possibility of being vaccinated for FREE, and protect themselves and the others are totally irresponsible. They are the ones in majority filling hospital beds while people with other illness and diseaes are waiting for important surgeries and treatments.

Nah. Let's stick to facts.

Reactions: Cypruss

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

If true....it probably means this is the most contagious virus humanity never faced

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
is the booster different than the original shot or is it exactly the same as the initial shot?

Same mRNA, lower dose.

I would assume they are also looking at a modified booster like they did with Beta, Gamma and Delta, but just like the other ones it might never leave the developmental stage.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Those aren't privileged, they're rights. You've clearly bought into the us vs them narrative, and it's sad to see. Getting the vaccine is an intelligent choice for you, acting like you're not at risk of catching and spreading the virus isn't. You're contributing to that 20%.
Eating at a restaurant isn't a "Right". It's a shame – being anti-vax has become so closely identified with some people's social identity that they become incapable of updating their opinions. They keep banging away at the same desperate, intellectually lazy arguments.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
You can spread it even if you're vaccinated.

I doubt Joe Blow who can't do anything except work and go the grocery store is the problem here.

We're one of the most vaccinated place on Earth and we still have to deal with this shit.

Yes, everyone can spread it. but when 10% of the adult population who is restricted (no public, resto, gym) were responsible 60%+ of the cases/hospitalizations.
you have 14.6x more chances to be hospitalized if you aren't vaccinated.

hospitals would be less full of Covid bed, more surgeries would be recovered. Christmas and NYE events would not be in jeopardy.
Kids would probably not be required to wear masks at all time.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Eating at a restaurant isn't a "Right". It's a shame – being anti-vax has become so closely identified with some people's social identity that they become incapable of updating their opinions. They keep banging away at the same desperate, intellectually lazy arguments.

Huh? It's the oh so virtuous pro vaccine mandate people who like to play identity politics, pushing for division, while blinding themselves to the obvious fact that they too are spreading the virus and are contributing to deaths.

Also, go peach to the struggling small business owner who has a chunk is his client base locked out for no fault of his own.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Huh? It's the oh so virtuous pro vaccine mandate people who like to play identity politics, pushing for division, while blinding themselves to the obvious fact that they too are spreading the virus and are contributing to deaths.

Also, go peach to the struggling small business owner who has a chunk is his client base locked out for no fault of his own.

And we go back to drivers with seatbelts versus drivers without seatbelts.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

More make-believe nonsense. Rather than create stories that don't exist, deal with reality.

1) Nobody cares about identity politics. People are just living their lives. Those who are afraid of vaccines are doing the same – just living their lives – except they've volunteered to stay out of public spaces. Their choice.

2) Vaccinated people are not spreading or getting the virus at nearly the same rate. How much more data do you need? The verdict was in awhile ago. More info continues to pile in. Even this new variant hasn't changed the balance, considering the 80% vaccinated people are gathering everywhere and the 20% unvaxed STILL make up the majority of hospitalizations.

3) Businesses are grateful that the 20% of unvaxed aren't coming in and causing another complete shutdown.

4) I know it's hard to read that your opinion isn't intelligent or informed, but that's the straightforward fact. Avoiding vaccines is based on either fear, misinformation, or fan-fiction (and in rare cases, allergies). The science has spoken. The numbers have spoken. Enough spin. Being anti-vax might have felt like a cool rebellious position before Covid, but it's been thoroughly debunked and now appears hopelessly quaint.

Last edited:

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
More make-believe nonsense. Rather than create stories that don't exist, deal with reality.

1) Nobody cares about identity politics. People are just living their lives. Those who are afraid of vaccines are doing the same, except they've volunteered to stay out of public spaces. Their choice.

2) Vaccinated people are not spreading or getting the virus at nearly the same rate. How much more date do you need? The verdict was in awhile ago. More info continues to pile in. Even this new variant hasn't changed the balance, considering the 80% vaccinated people are gathering everywhere and the 20% unvaxed STILL make up the majority of hospitalizations.

3) Businesses are grateful that the 20% of unvaxed aren't coming in and causing another complete shutdown.

No they're not. Just cause you think it and say it doesn't mean it's true. Also, nobody volunteered to be ostracized, that's just your imagination as well.

I don't know why you're pointing out the obvious, that non vaccinated are more likely to get sick and end up in the hospital... Where is the data showing the spread of covid in vaccinated vs non vaccinated people?

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
And we go back to drivers with seatbelts versus drivers without seatbelts.
You can take your seat belt off if new evidence proved they were actually deadly. Whereas, if evidence that the vaccine has long term adverse affects your stuck with it. So a bit of a false equivalency.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

1) Nobody cares about identity politics. People are just living their lives. Those who are afraid of vaccines are doing the same – just living their lives – except they've volunteered to stay out of public spaces. Their choice.

2) Vaccinated people are not spreading or getting the virus at nearly the same rate. How much more data do you need? The verdict was in awhile ago. More info continues to pile in. Even this new variant hasn't changed the balance, considering the 80% vaccinated people are gathering everywhere and the 20% unvaxed STILL make up the majority of hospitalizations.

4) I know it's hard to read that your opinion isn't intelligent or informed, but that's the straightforward fact. Avoiding vaccines is based on either fear, misinformation, or fan-fiction (and in rare cases, allergies). The science has spoken. The numbers have spoken. Enough spin. Being anti-vax might have felt like a cool rebellious position before Covid, but it's been thoroughly debunked and now appears hopelessly quaint.
These bullet points are all true. Though I want to add that losing one's job over it is coercion.

Reactions: Licou

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
With the news of the Santé Publique asking people not to get together before the holidays, our restaurants and hotels are getting cancellations left and right at the moment. f***!!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Nah, either you don't know how seatbelts work, or you don't know how to make an analogy that makes sense. Not wasting my time with you :)

Injuries/death of the unvaccinated are on the unvaccinated, just like injury/death of the unbelted are on the unbelted.

Trying to blame the vaccinated for what happen to the unvaccinated doesn't make sense.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
With the news of the Santé Publique asking people not to get together before the holidays, our restaurants and hotels are getting cancellations left and right at the moment. f***!!
My family's resto lost 2 group reservations yesterday of 40 & 25 people. This panic is stupid as ****, trust the vaccine and just make sure your elders get their boosters and we will be fine...

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC

Luckily my company had our Christmas party last week before all this happened. Otherwise, I feel like they would have cancelled.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Injuries/death of the unvaccinated are on the unvaccinated, just like injury/death of the unbelted are on the unbelted.

Trying to blame the vaccinated for what happen to the unvaccinated doesn't make sense.

The vaccinated are spreading the virus just like the non vaccinated, and are contributing to deaths. I know this probably upsets you, but it's a fact.

Reactions: KikoHunter

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The vaccinated are spreading the virus just like the non vaccinated, and are contributing to deaths. I know this probably upsets you, but it's a fact.

Just like people wearing seatbelts are contributing to car collision, so your point is?

Also, it's not really "just like", especially with pre-Delta variants, but whatever.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I don't know if this was posted yet...The 12-17 year olds we're infected at about generally the same pace as the 5-11 year olds until.....*drum roll*...They started getting the vaccine! Check out the numbers now...Not even close.

267290236_10158377461392539_6157931247076524096_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad