OT: Covid-19 Part 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
Rodgers is an amazing talent, future Hall of Famer. He's also a known douchebag who likes to point fingers and blame others instead of taking some responsibility when things go wrong. With that in mind, his reaction and moronic comments regarding this mess he got himself into aren't very surprising.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I don't follow the NFL but you'd think this guy killed a dog and raped a cheerleader by the reactions I've read online.

He's just saying stuffs that can put people's live in danger.
Rodgers might not need the vaccine, but his fans might need one and seeing his hero seeing what he's saying. They might be influenced.

The science is clear, vaccination reduces hospitalisations and death risks .

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't follow the NFL but you'd think this guy killed a dog and raped a cheerleader by the reactions I've read online.
He got caught in a lie. Then he goes full assault on the media… He’s created this story himself.

Also unrelated to this, I fully agree with those who say this guy has often not really been able to take responsibility when his teams lose. He frequently blames others without stepping up himself. Not a fan of this guy at all even before all this stupid Covid crap.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Rodgers is an amazing talent, future Hall of Famer. He's also a known douchebag who likes to point fingers and blame others instead of taking some responsibility when things go wrong. With that in mind, his reaction and moronic comments regarding this mess he got himself into aren't very surprising.
If we were talking strictly throwing mechanics and delivery efficiency because of how tight that spiral is even when he's hopping around like a bunny (always found his running style amusing a little)....

He might as well be standing still at the top of a hill and throwing the ball down it. Virtually no difference between the two. On that alone he's the best there currently is IMO. He slipped a little the last 2-3 years, but only a tiny bit and still still easily ahead of anyone else currently active or of his generation no longer playing. That alone doesn't make a legendary QB of course, but his darn mechanics are incredible. A pure joy to watch him throw until you remember him for his off the field sayings and doings.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
He's just saying stuffs that can put people's live in danger.
Rodgers might not need the vaccine, but his fans might need one and seeing his hero seeing what he's saying. They might be influenced.

The science is clear, vaccination reduces hospitalisations and death risks .

His statement was pretty incoherent. He said he's not a flat earther or an anti-vaxxer he's a "critical thinker." Like a lot of American "critical thinkers" who consume the same fictional media he thinks his immune system is really special and others might need the vaccine but he doesn't. It's a pretty easy bet to make for a healthy 30-40 year old, talk tough and you have a pretty good chance of being OK and not looking like an idiot. Unfortunately you also encourage the spread of the virus and endanger older, sicker, and unluckier people.

Judging by pro sports pretty much everyone is vaccinated, well except for "critical thinkers" and ex-flat earthers, with no ill effects, much like with the more than 3 billion other doses injected. There is already at least one player, anti-vaxxer Josh Archibald, whose career looks to be over after getting COVID. The myocarditis cases from COVID are way more frequent and way more severe than the ones listed as the main vaccine symptom.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Yeah, he's purposely being deceptive here. Someone asked him he's been vaccinated, and he said yes, I've been immunized.

He doubled down in a recent interview and said he would have clarified his status if there was a follow up question, but you can see there was no need for a follow up question because the question was already pointed and clear, and he chose to lie.

I went through some his interview, and there were times where I thought his "critical thinking" may not be serving him so well.

I just imagine what happens in today's society if we started to mandate seatbelts. Seatbelts are not 100% but they are generally considered your best safety mechanism in the event of an accident, but sometimes, the seatbelt itself can also cause you harm.

I think some of these anti vaxxers would also cause a stink if those seatbelts that we wear without a 2nd thought was mandated today because they would focus on those harmful incidents of wearing a seatbelt.

Like almost everything in life, nothing is 100%, so if you want to microscope every possible thing that can happen, you will find faults in anything.

The best we can do is try to create the strongest safety blanket within that reality. What Rodgers is asking is focusing on why vaccinated people are still getting covid, and why they are still dying. It's a situation where he needs to take a step back and observe the forest from the trees to find his answer if he's willing to have the open mind for it.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, he's purposely being deceptive here. Someone asked him he's been vaccinated, and he said yes, I've been immunized.

He doubled down in a recent interview and said he would have clarified his status if there was a follow up question, but you can see there was no need for a follow up question because the question was already pointed and clear, and he chose to lie.

I went through some his interview, and there were times where I thought his "critical thinking" may not be serving him so well.

I just imagine what happens in today's society if we started to mandate seatbelts. Seatbelts are not 100% but they are generally considered your best safety mechanism in the event of an accident, but sometimes, the seatbelt itself can also cause you harm.

I think some of these anti vaxxers would also cause a stink if those seatbelts that we wear without a 2nd thought was mandated today because they would focus on those harmful incidents of wearing a seatbelt.

Like almost everything in life, nothing is 100%, so if you want to microscope every possible thing that can happen, you will find faults in anything.

The best we can do is try to create the strongest safety blanket within that reality. What Rodgers is asking is focusing on why vaccinated people are still getting covid, and why they are still dying. It's a situation where he needs to take a step back and observe the forest from the trees to find his answer if he's willing to have the open mind for it.
"I'd have told the truth if they'd asked me if I was lying..."

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Seatbelts are mandatory already…

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Seatbelts are mandatory already…

Yes they are. Maybe there's something lost in what I was trying to convey but I never suggested that seatbelts are not mandatory today.

I was talking hypothetically, of course.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yes they are. Maybe there's something lost in what I was trying to convey but I never suggested that seatbelts are not mandatory today.

I was talking hypothetically, of course.
nope, your post was pretty clear.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

One of the "without risk vaccine", that was developed for several years, according to the Hf Board experts is now deemed too dangerous for the minus 30-year-old in France... Good thing that they found that out when close to 80% of the population already got the jab...

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

One of the "without risk vaccine", that was developed for several years, according to the Hf Board experts is now deemed too dangerous for the minus 30-year-old in France... Good thing that they found that out when close to 80% of the population already got the jab...

The only reason they are doing that is because they have alternative vaccines they judge have less adverse events. If there was only 1 vaccine, that low level of incidence wouldn't matter.

Reactions: LarryO and Forum93

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

You understand french, so I'm not sure why you decided to add stuff that wasn't in the source.

It's not "deemed too dangerous" it's "not recommended" and it's 100% because they can use another product instead that would statically result in less adverse events of this type and that age range.

And for the record, Moderna is barely used in France, it's roughly 7% of the doses given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad