OT: Covid-19 (Part 46) Under Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I think COVID is demonstrating how many people are disconnected from the health system, no doctor, no health care except for emergencies. Maybe 10% of Canadians, as nurses check up on people in poverty, and almost half of Americans. Anyone with a doctor they know and trust would vaccinate.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
1630943486-e49b3393eea3f4e974b4f00741176c86.png

Centre de vaccination Covid-19 - Ville de Cholet, Centre de vaccination COVID-19 à Cholet (doctolib.fr)

In the official France's website to take appointement for the vaccine, they are already showing a 4th dose...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
View attachment 463858

Centre de vaccination Covid-19 - Ville de Cholet, Centre de vaccination COVID-19 à Cholet (doctolib.fr)

In the official France's website to take appointement for the vaccine, they are already showing a 4th dose...

I don't know what's the problem.
Like most vaccine for respiratory virus, every year you take a new jab.
More than one vaccine take 3 shots.
And there's people with health problem that already absolutely need 3 shots and probably more going down the road.

I don't see the "big thing here"

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
And there's people with health problem that already absolutely need 3 shots and probably more going down the road.

See: Rabies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

You are free to take as many vaccines as you want, but it will be without me. I already took two, I'm not taking one every 6 months, while I also need to put my mask everywhere I go. Unless they come out and tell us that they will remove the mask and we will somehow get a normal life again, I'm done with this. The whole purpose of the vaccination was to get back to normal life...

Reactions: france62

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
You are free to take as many vaccines as you want, but it will be without me. I already took two, I'm not taking one every 6 months, while I also need to put my mask everywhere I go. Unless they come out and tell us that they will remove the mask and we will somehow get a normal life again, I'm done with this. The whole purpose of the vaccination was to get back to normal life...

It's very unlikely to happen we don't have the doses to give a 3rd shot in the near future, that said, there is no timetable for this to end and vaccination will still be a thing once we are "back to normal" no matter how one want to define "back to normal".
So you will get more than 2 shot as we move forward in time, that much was always true.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Wonder if this guy would have taken all 4 polio boosters or if he would have capped it after 2.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Wonder if this guy would have taken all 4 polio boosters or if he would have capped it after 2.

What are you talking about? This is obviously the first time in history a vaccine has taken more than 2 shots! :sarcasm:

Nevermind the:
Diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), poliomyelitis and serious Hib infection vaccines at 2, 4, and 12 months. Another shot for Diphtheria-tetanus-whooping cough-polio at 4-6 years old. Another shot for tetanus and diphteria at 14-15 years old. Then, tetanus recommended every 10 years and another diphteria-tetanus shot at 50 years old.

Pneumococcus at 2,4 and 12 months.

Hepatitis B at 2,4 and 18 months and then 9-10 and 14-15 years old.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Wrong!! There was NEVER a guarantee of that.
Life will never be back to normal at least for while. The purpose of vaccination was to limit the damages due to Covid and the impact to our healthcare infrastructure not to go mask less and run naked in the street.

The reality is that the virus evolves and will continue to do so and the protection of the vaccine will diminish. It might become like a flu shot at some point (annual or bi annual shot) but it's not going away at least in the very short term.

Reactions: RandomTask26

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Good for you. You show that virus who’s boss!

As for me, I’m not getting a 3rd shot unless I get pudding every night for dessert.

See where I’m going with this? The virus doesn’t care about your reasoning. If you do what you can to protect yourself, you’ll maximize your chances of staying healthy. Stamping your feet does nothing. It’s a minor inconvenience man...

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

ghost85875

Apr 9, 2021
They are not lying about the vaccine. If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you.

Also, no one is forced to vaccinate.

The point is ethics.

It's ethic to tell someone the truth.

It's also ethic to give the freedom of choice.

It's not ethic to discriminate against those who are not willing to make a particular choice.

And you know the moment is coming, that we aren't going to have any choice.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Wrong!! There was NEVER a guarantee of that.
Life will never be back to normal at least for while. The purpose of vaccination was to limit the damages due to Covid and the impact to our healthcare infrastructure not to go mask less and run naked in the street.

The reality is that the virus evolves and will continue to do so and the protection of the vaccine will diminish. It might become like a flu shot at some point (annual or bi annual shot) but it's not going away at least in the very short term.

I'm still on the fence on the endemic behaviour, don't think it will become endemic like influenza(s) are. Because that's the key - there are many more influenza subtypes that are infecting us regularly than coronavirus subtypes (5x, 10x?). I think the high R-naught version(s) of covid will infect most and will turn it into a cold-like virus and then we won't be talking about it much - until there is a new highly virulent version.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The point is ethics.

It's ethic to tell someone the truth.

It's also ethic to give the freedom of choice.

It's not ethic to discriminate against those who are not willing to make a particular choice.

And you know the moment is coming, that we aren't going to have any choice.
What the hell are you talking about?

ghost85875

Apr 9, 2021
Vax passport, a lot of employers forcing their employees to take the vax, etc.

Sounds like the freedom of choice is quite fleeting.

Reactions: Cypruss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad