OT: Covid-19 (Part 17) When the World is Running Down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
My friend's symptoms have gone better.
he's getting tested in an hour. he just got the call.

initially, his case was in the wrong region. He lives in Estrie but it was in Monteregie. he had to call for a follow up (was expecting a call yesterday).

Let's go!

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Ontario tested 17.000+ yesterday.
For the last 5 days they tested more than 11,000 per day.

For weeks, they kept saying Ontario numbers will go up once they starts testing more…..they didn't.
And why is Legault still repeating how Qc is testing more?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Sorry for the false hope ^^ .
But I think the number of recovered is way higher than declared.

Let's see if the number of testing increase will be shown this week

Well... it goes without saying that, if the number of cases is higher than declared, then the number of recovered is also higher.
Not to mention that, in order to get considered "recovered", apparently, you have to get a negative test, and not everyone goes for those further tests.

(I also learned that two rather close friends of mine probably had it, that I was around them while they were sick. That was more than two months ago).

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

One would think that a Test isn't considered a Test until a result is available. That would imply SOME lag at the very least.
(Sorry if it makes no sense. It sounds great in my head)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
One would think that a Test isn't considered a Test until a result is available. That would imply SOME lag at the very least.
(Sorry if it makes no sense. It sounds great in my head)

I understood. There is a big lag though..if Ontario is indeed testing 11K daily...Quebec is more around 5K...

There really is no set standards I guess, everyone does it differently.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I understood. There is a big lag though..if Ontario is indeed testing 11K daily...Quebec is more around 5K...

There really is no set standards I guess, everyone does it differently.

Legault (or Arruda) said that testing capacity would be increased to something like 14K by early May. This may, or not, have started, but if it did, that wouldn't show until those results are available.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

We were testing more, but in the last 2 weeks it's simply not true anymore.
As to why he's saying that….who knows, but couple of things he said lately were just not true.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
We were testing more, but in the last 2 weeks it's simply not true anymore.
As to why he's saying that….who knows, but couple of things he said lately were just not true.

they were rationing the test kits in order to increase the backlog. That's the main reason. Arruda said it in one of a press.

they went over 100k tests available.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I agree. But if we reopen now, we are giving up on trying to control the spread of the virus. The government admits this. Are you ok with that?

What happens to our parents? When can vulnerable people rejoin society if we are consistently growing in infection rates, 3000+ every day?

The political actuaries don't care about protecting people with above average risk. We know this is a fact merely by observing the extremely substandard care in many "full care" senior's facilities.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Legault (or Arruda) said that testing capacity would be increased to something like 14K by early May. This may, or not, have started, but if it did, that wouldn't show until those results are available.
Ya, they also did they would raise the test to 8K back in March but they never really did.
Hopefully we do get to that 14K count and the numbers of positive don't rise as they expect.

Reactions: MXD

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I believe the vaccine will take about 5 years because this thing has the the potential to hit everything inside the body and is very inconsistent in what symptoms show up, so the weeding out the many potential complications will take time and very many studies.. It isn't just the lungs, but the heart, skin, etc. By then, what will be "The Great Purge" would have already been completed and the economies would have restarted well before year 5. Currently, the needs of the many is that health needs to be preserved, but eventually, people will run out of money and the needs of the many will be more economic than health-related.

Why would that affect the development period of a vaccine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad