OT: Coronavirus XXXXI: 2nd Shot to the Arm But It's Not Too Late You Give Vaccine Procurement a Bad Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
seems to me 1 dose provides a ton of protection, based on this data

Seems to work quite well against the variants we currently have. Some studies have shown that the second dose was quite important to get when one of the other variants was primary, can’t recall if it was the Indian or the Brazil one. Quite a difference there between effectiveness of shots, like 35% effective with one dose, and 85% with two. Hopefully most people continue with the plan and get both doses, just in case we get another prominent variant here.

Reactions: joestevens29

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
While I'm in this thread, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine's Vax-a-Million has worked well in his state. Wonder if places like IL and AB will follow suit. I know in certain states they are giving away guns, trucks, etc... whatever motivates people to make the choice to become vaccinated.

The last winner was hilarious. Young woman who thought the draw was just a joke until she won.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
All signs point to AB being at 70% within the next 5 days or so, and all restrictions removed 14 days later, so don’t think we could really open things up any quicker at this point if we added incentives now.
It would seem the reality in Alberta is that we don’t have enough anti-vaxers to have made some type of lottery necessary, despite what outside media has been blathering.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Seems to work quite well against the variants we currently have. Some studies have shown that the second dose was quite important to get when one of the other variants was primary, can’t recall if it was the Indian or the Brazil one. Quite a difference there between effectiveness of shots, like 35% effective with one dose, and 85% with two. Hopefully most people continue with the plan and get both doses, just in case we get another prominent variant here.

Yes, it makes a ton of sense to get the second shot.

Reactions: bellagiobob

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
South african

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Where are you going to seat 500 elk?:D

fNGSNke5qOed_WFq2CfV9u-CutqU6PGFCI0E4uxEV1JEzI2cRTqvDd33ziOnhE7H04u5oBKKajm-i6GFdvRq3qxHWBjt3M2waO_ivSXDkfUc0gXw2E3R70E19gofo22p_QANG8wEZG-14yPus3bEpHEZ3L4sd9bzcSJu67d1aeWiy_Pv2qhzV9O4YdkbixWplR6NXBCHpCPyiu536ELaaqMb73IWQJvzHvUmWwfMAZ6Y

They can just lay on the field. ;)

Reactions: oilers'72

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I got the Moderna shot. They say we can mix and match now. Do I stay the same or change it up, be dangerous and get the pfizer.

I'm due for my follow up in about three weeks. I'm going Pfizer, even though I had the AZ first. If it's possible and/ or allowed, I'll even take a second Pfizer shot after that if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad