OT: Coronavirus XXXXI: 2nd Shot to the Arm But It's Not Too Late You Give Vaccine Procurement a Bad Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
So....they're now not calling it the" Indian variant", but rather the "Delta variant, found in India." Yup, that should stem the tide of racist type of actions.:laugh:;)

I’m sure Delta Airlines are thrilled with the new variant name change. Much like when some people were afraid to drink Corona beer at the start of the pandemic, there will be those that associate the virus with the airline.

Last edited:

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Thats the usual stated justification. Do you think most people travel actually for the bolded reasons mentioned? One expands their minds through learning, reading books, educating themselves. Not by having an "authentic" experience in an all inclusive resort designed to limit people to exposures to surrounding areas.

In anycase those incredible diverse people exist here, come here, or live here in our cultural mosaic country. Try taking Via Rail across Canada. You'll meet as many people from around the world as Canadians taking the train. You'll get to know them too as the train affords long periods of time to connect.

Anyway

7 Reasons Why the 'Authentic' Travel Experience Is a Myth - The Atlantic

Now think of how many people travel on Cruise ships, river cruises, tour busses. The people they meet the most are right from the Western world they live in. Indeed much of the travel industry is designed to LIMIT actual experience and exposure to areas and conditions that the tours would prefer you not see.
“The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes” however, going to Ireland for a rugby tournament and drinking a lot of beer in 800-1000 year old bars, that still burn peat moss for heat didn’t open my eyes, but I did enjoy it. Smelling the pyramids was eye opening though.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
So I'm curious if one of these current cheap carriers is Air Canada. the firm getting another 6B buck bail out from the feds and then givng millions of exec bonuses with it for a job well done...

I hate flying due to its impact on environment and its impact on taxpayers. Its heavily public funded endeavor that I pay for whether I go anywhere or not.
Yes Air Canada is selling really cheap flights right now. Interesting industry, isn't it? The amount of bailout money industry is absurd. I like to travel so that the bailout money mixed with ridiculous management bonuses doesn't bother me so much.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017

Interesting. From Jan 1st though. How many people were actually vaccinated and beyond their two weeks after in the first 3-4 or so months though? Probably not a lot. I'd like to see the breakdown for the last month or 2 so when most of us have had our first shots and are beyond the 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Thats the usual stated justification. Do you think most people travel actually for the bolded reasons mentioned? One expands their minds through learning, reading books, educating themselves. Not by having an "authentic" experience in an all inclusive resort designed to limit people to exposures to surrounding areas.

In anycase those incredible diverse people exist here, come here, or live here in our cultural mosaic country. Try taking Via Rail across Canada. You'll meet as many people from around the world as Canadians taking the train. You'll get to know them too as the train affords long periods of time to connect.

Anyway

7 Reasons Why the 'Authentic' Travel Experience Is a Myth - The Atlantic

Now think of how many people travel on Cruise ships, river cruises, tour busses. The people they meet the most are right from the Western world they live in. Indeed much of the travel industry is designed to LIMIT actual experience and exposure to areas and conditions that the tours would prefer you not see.
Your idea of travel and mine are very different. I'm sorry you have been limited to all-inclusive resorts, cruise ships, and tour buses, but there's an entire world outside of that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Your idea of travel and mine are very different. I'm sorry you have been limited to all-inclusive resorts, cruise ships, and tour buses, but there's an entire world outside of that.

I would never go to an all inclusive in my life. Or a cruise ship, boat, bus tour etc. I'm saying these are the modes that people travelling often choose.

Why do you so commonly distort what others have stated?

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
I would never go to an all inclusive in my life. Or a cruise ship, boat, bus tour etc. I'm saying these are the modes that people travelling often choose.

Why do you so commonly distort what others have stated?
You immediately jumped to conclusions, as you normally do, that travelling is automatically cruise ships, tour buses, and all-inclusive resorts. If that's what your definition of traveling is, then it's easy to see why you're so against travel.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You immediately jumped to conclusions, as you normally do, that travelling is automatically cruise ships, tour buses, and all-inclusive resorts. If that's what your definition of traveling is, then it's easy to see why you're so against travel.
It isn't my definition or mode, it was stated as a plurality of how most people travel. As per usual YOU jumped to specious conclusions about what other people post.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
So I'm curious if one of these current cheap carriers is Air Canada. the firm getting another 6B buck bail out from the feds and then givng millions of exec bonuses with it for a job well done...

I hate flying due to its impact on environment and its impact on taxpayers. Its heavily public funded endeavor that I pay for whether I go anywhere or not.
I can tell you that the U.S.-based carriers aren't currently cheap. I was booking travel for work today and found Delta and American more expensive than I've seen flights in quite a while.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I can tell you that the U.S.-based carriers aren't currently cheap. I was booking travel for work today and found Delta and American more expensive than I've seen flights in quite a while.

I wonder if that's because more stuff is "open" in general down there so no need to entice people with cheap flights?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Not surprising, everything is basically back to normal in the US and even here in Hawai'i where we have been extra cautious, mask use is only mandated for large outdoor gatherings and indoors. Tourism is pretty much back to normal here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad