Player Discussion Corey Perry

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I do miss the talented plays and shot of Kovalev. Regardless of outcome it was a nice show.
That is why I loved Radulov, hands, hands, and more hands! Always.Trying.To.Create. If we had a better center for him to play with I can guarantee you he would have stayed. He, as a winger also had to drive the play for the line he was on with Danault and Patch, he worked his guts out and it was a determining factor in why he left. It was not just about money lol, he is a beaut.

smcgreg

Jul 18, 2013
None of your business
2 peat stanley cup champs knows how to win. Until I see Fraud Bergevin win any i'll trust TB judgment more than a GM who haven't found the secret sauce thus far. He sures likes lateral moves though.

Agreed, they have a good formula, but losing a lot of pieces. In this era with the cap and parity in the league, I find it hard to believe any team can three-peat.

I haven't been a big MB fan in the past and agree about the lateral moves, but in the past couple years, he's done better than the previous five (?). This year again, considering what he was losing, and what was available. I've said several times, the team is better in the regular season this coming season than last based on the increased offense. How will all the new pieces gel and how will the D fare going into the POs is the question. I expect one more move to get a more experienced C and anybody you bring in will have more offense than Danault. So, again, offensively, the team will be good. Does he pick up a good D at the deadline or does Romo or Norlinder make big strides for the POs? We shall see.

Reactions: Andrei79

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Good luck & thanks for a nice run. Wonder if Leafs offered something this time around.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Sucks, but it's Bergevin's fault for putting together a worse lineup than last year. Perry probably thought the organization wasn't doing enough to win.
Oh come on. How is Bergy supposed to know Weber's career was going to be over or that Price would need knee surgery? You can't blame him for that.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
2 yrs deal vs 1 yrs from Montreal ...No taxes in Tampa....

You owe us Montreal fans nothing Perry , thanks for the Cup run memories!
You wil lget a good ovation first game back into Montreal.

Good luck down there in Tampa.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Drouin is never playing for the Habs again IMO.

I think they value Byron more then fans do…and I don’t see teams having much interest in him so I doubt he’s going anywhere.
I really like Paul Byron. Not saying he’s a superstar or anything but I think he definitely has value and I enjoy watching him play. Fans are pretty harsh sometimes.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Perry must die (not literally). No booing obviously, but I wanna eliminate the guy for sure now. Guy would be tripping out thinking life keeps getting him so close only to be let down.

Tampa’s Atlantic’s wild card next year. B-b-b-book it.

Reactions: Subban signed e5
Apr 28, 2010
I'm truly shocked with this signing. Got beaten in the Finals two years in a row by the same team and then decided to join them.

Sounds like a WWF heel turn storyline lol

Reactions: Redux91

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
Can't Beat E'm? Join them, perhaps when Tampa Bay is struggling? @ Deadline MTL will trade back? Thx for the Play-Off's! MTL- #GHG! Doors are never closed on Island of Montreal! Never!

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Bergevin always low-balling. Really would an extra year of Corey Perry been a big deal even if he did decline? At that money and term, no brainer. Bergevin plays hard ball like Montreal is the A1 free agent choice in the league.

BigBoyNoise87

Feb 5, 2021
I'm truly shocked with this signing. Got beaten in the Finals two years in a row by the same team and then decided to join them.

Sounds like a WWF heel turn storyline lol
Odds of winning three championships in a row in the sport of hockey are likely pretty slim. Probably chose the wrong the team if that’s what he’s after.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Hopefully, our youngsters managed to learn a thing or two just by being around Perry for that run.

Good luck in Tampa! Thanks for the ride!

Reactions: Big Lurk

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Hard to believe we let Perry go, after he was so good for us, and said he wanted to be here, and went with Paquette and Perrault instead.

I’d much rather have Perry than either one of those guys. Or simply sign one of them and sign Perry as well.

There were plenty of nights where he was the best player we had and made things happen. I doubt his replacements will have the same impact. His net front presence, leadership and timely goals will be missed.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Hard to believe we let Perry go, after he was so good for us, and said he wanted to be here, and went with Paquette and Perrault instead.

I’d much rather have Perry than either one of those guys. Or simply sign one of them and sign Perry as well.

There were plenty of nights where he was the best player we had and made things happen. I doubt his replacements will have the same impact. His net front presence, leadership and timely goals will be missed.
there were some nights in the first two rounds where his line made something happen every time they were on the ice. just dominated the weaker teams.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Knew he was going to Tampa when Cooper shook his hand but I have a new found respect for Perry, will still hate him now tho

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

We didn’t let go Perry, he just did what we would have all did in his position, he choose Tampa

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
We didn’t let go Perry, he just did what we would have all did in his position, he choose Tampa
It makes sense for Perry. Mtl is pretty deep on the wings, especially RW. Caulfield, Anderson, Gallagher, (Toffolli- while he plays left is a natural RW) a bunch of other guys who can play both sides (Armia, Byron, Lehkonen and Hoffman even) In mtl he is 4th line RW at best with maybe some PP time. Tampa just lost a lot of depth, he will in all probability crack the 3rd line in tampa. The man wants to play. He made the right decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad