Player Discussion Corey Perry

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

...while being pretty much the antithesis of Yanic Perreault. I like it.

Perry and Anderson are big and nasty enough to score goals in close, in traffic, under pressure. 6'3"+ versions of Gallagher around the opposing net (specifically, ofc). Once they all get in the same groove strategy-wise, it will pay off. Looking forward to it.

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
...while being pretty much the antithesis of Yanic Perreault. I like it.

Perry and Anderson are big and nasty enough to score goals in close, in traffic, under pressure. 6'3"+ versions of Gallagher around the opposing net (specifically, ofc). Once they all get in the same groove strategy-wise, it will pay off. Looking forward to it.
Would have loved to play the Bruins this year. It's true that the Bruin's team as changed since the Chara/Lucic era though. I would still enjoy seeing Marchand getting tossed around.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Would have loved to play the Bruins this year. It's true that the Bruin's team as changed since the Chara/Lucic era though. I would still enjoy seeing Marchand getting tossed around.

We'll have to settle for some collective Tkachuk-smashing 19 times this season, I guess. Bonus points for the Nasty if they can smash Marners and Draisaitls around, too. The Smurf era was all fast techno and shit, this is the return of heavy metal. Let's roll.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
I know he’s out of his prime but it’s cool to see Corey Perry in a Habs uniform. I think he’s an every night player for us and we’ll really like him because of his antics. It’s been too long since the Habs have been the annoying team. I like it.

Last edited:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Do players on the taxi squad have to go through waivers before being able to be part of it?

Reactions: Toene

Holystik

Nov 17, 2018
Mars
Do players on the taxi squad have to go through waivers before being able to be part of it?
Yes.
Unless the player is waiver exempt. Think of it the same as sending a player to the minors.

Also you might end up having to clear up waivers twice. Once recalled to the NHL, if in your previous stint you played more than 9 games/29 days, you go on waivers for a second time.

Also you can start forming your taxi squad on the last day of training camp, not before.

Lastly, our Canadian players being waivers claimed will be rarer than it looks. The fact they would have to go on a 14 days quarantine and forced to be part of the 23 men roster(can't be sent to taxi squad) if the claiming team is in the USA might be a deterrent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Yes.
Unless the player is waiver exempt. Think of it the same as sending a player to the minors.

Also you might end up having to clear up waivers twice. Once recalled to the NHL, if in your previous stint you played more than 9 games/29 days, you go on waivers for a second time.

Also you can start forming your taxi squad on the last day of training camp, not before.

Lastly, our Canadian players being waivers claimed will be rarer than it looks. The fact they would have to go on a 14 days quarantine and forced to be part of the 23 men roster(can't be sent to taxi squad) if the claiming team is in the USA might be a deterrent.

I would guess that it might still be worth it for some teams but then both Frolik and Perry were available for all a week ago. Granted, they probably didn't want to play for some low key teams.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Honestly with the Perry addition I think lehkonen is gonna get traded,

He is expendable given he'll need a raise next year and considering we have cheap depth coming next year I think he's gonna be expendable. I think Byron is gonna stay for atleast this year as he would be harder to move and both cost too much to be on the 4th line.

Furthermore we brought in a lot of defensively responsible players who can PK.

I'm guessing our forward group will look like

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - KK - Armia
Byron - Evans - Perry
Frolik

(Weal is on the taxi squad)

Our PK forward units become

Danault - Anderson
Suzuki - Armia
Evans - Byron

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I know he’s out of his prime but it’s cool to see Corey Perry in a Habs uniform. I think he’s an every night player for us and we’ll really like him because of his antics. It’s been too long since the Habs have been the annoying team. I like it.

If he's every night, who comes out of the lineup? Byron, Lehkonen, Armia? Hard for me to see CJ take one of those guys out every night for Perry at this stage of his career.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Honestly with the Perry addition I think lehkonen is gonna get traded,

He is expendable given he'll need a raise next year and considering we have cheap depth coming next year I think he's gonna be expendable. I think Byron is gonna stay for atleast this year as he would be harder to move and both cost too much to be on the 4th line.

Furthermore we brought in a lot of defensively responsible players who can PK.

I'm guessing our forward group will look like

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Suzuki - Anderson
Toffoli - KK - Armia
Byron - Evans - Perry
Frolik

(Weal is on the taxi squad)

Our PK forward units become

Danault - Anderson
Suzuki - Armia
Evans - Byron
I would say that Byron is more the one to be traded . Lehkonen is more build for that condensed season. And a line of Lehkonen-Evans -Perry is going to be a nightmare for the other teams

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Not expecting much.

He'll play on the fourth line. Help protect a guy like Evans. Add a little more grit to the team overall and will probably help on the PP if he goes to the net.

10 goals tops, 7 to 10 assists... I don't see him getting more than 20 points next season.

In the playoffs is where he should help the most if we make it. His grit and experience could be a positive factor in the PO's when goals are had to come by.

Reactions: salbutera

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad