WC: Corey Perry cheap shot on Patrik Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Has the Finnish ambassador to Canada been recalled yet?

Surely, the UN must be considering sanctions.

:handclap:

The problem is Finnish fans treat Laine like Germans treat David Hasselhoff, lol. And we sit back as outsiders watching, amazed, and confused. I'm sure The Corey Perry incident, code-named Beavertail, is being discussed at the highest levels of Finnish government today.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012

The problem is Finnish fans treat Laine like Germans treat David Hasselhoff, lol. And we sit back as outsiders watching, amazed, and confused. I'm sure The Corey Perry incident, code-named Beavertail, is being discussed at the highest levels of Finnish government today.

It's a national holiday in memory of the Laine/Perry incident.

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
It was an intentional dirty play by Perry, but he is know for these I guess. I don't think he tried to injure Laine, but it was still a cheap play.

Would I give Perry a suspension? In the NHL, with his history, maybe yes. Here, I don't know. I don't think he intended to take out Laine's knee, but that was not a hockey play and it was certainly avoidable on Perry's part.

And yes, it has been overreacted. By quite a lot. Had this been towards say Pyörälä, Pihlström or hell, even Koivu it would have been 2 pages of PGT and nothing more. But since Laine is the number one name in the Finnish media at the moment, and right there with Mathews in the hockey media that's what happens.

NO THERE SHOULD NOT BE. Never in any league, competition or what ever. Are you kidding me?

I think you miss the point because of my unclear message or you just undestood it wrong.

Do you mean that there should not be severe punishment? I said that there should be.

Or do you mean that there should not be difference in the punishments if it is young or old player? I meant that there should NOT be difference in punishments be it young or old player. I just said that getting career ending injury because of some unnecessary violent act is different for young players compared to old players because of the financial aspect.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Winnipeg knows stars and their egos. Hull, Hawerchuk, Savard, Selanne .......... That town will love this kid. I think they already do. Tony Peluso is paid good money to destroy anyone who messes with our stars. He is very good at it too.

who's Savard? honestly, I'm not sure who you mean.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Clearly this is Teemu Selanne's fault. Not a doubt in my mind that Perry still resents the whole Selanne 674 goal incident..

if you are not aware of this thread, its worth the search... I still resent Teemu to this day...

classic.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
It was an intentional dirty play by Perry, but he is know for these I guess. I don't think he tried to injure Laine, but it was still a cheap play.

Would I give Perry a suspension? In the NHL, with his history, maybe yes. Here, I don't know. I don't think he intended to take out Laine's knee, but that was not a hockey play and it was certainly avoidable on Perry's part.

And yes, it has been overreacted. By quite a lot. Had this been towards say Pyörälä, Pihlström or hell, even Koivu it would have been 2 pages of PGT and nothing more. But since Laine is the number one name in the Finnish media at the moment, and right there with Mathews in the hockey media that's what happens.

NO THERE SHOULD NOT BE. Never in any league, competition or what ever. Are you kidding me?

1st ... i am not fan of Perry ... nor a hater !

To me it is overly dramatized ... and ***** happens.

I am not even sure it is intentional ... tbh.
You see Perry doesn't put special weight on the left leg. He even does a type of gesture with his right hand ... like it surprised him a bit.

Not saying Laine had nothing ... but ***** happens. Apparently the kid is ok and that is all what counts at the end.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Perry is a skilled pest, but having watched him for long I think he went for a trip and it went wrong. It could be that it was an accident, but I know nobody here would eat that since its perry. If its any consolation I doubt he went specifically for Laine

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I think you miss the point because of my unclear message or you just undestood it wrong.

Do you mean that there should not be severe punishment? I said that there should be.

Or do you mean that there should not be difference in the punishments if it is young or old player? I meant that there should NOT be difference in punishments be it young or old player. I just said that getting career ending injury because of some unnecessary violent act is different for young players compared to old players because of the financial aspect.
I guess I kinda misread, but I still disagree on the fact that they should be treated differently. They are because one is a (future) star player and one is not, but it should not be dealt differently by anyone but media.

1st ... i am not fan of Perry ... nor a hater !

To me it is overly dramatized ... and ***** happens.

I am not even sure it is intentional ... tbh.
You see Perry doesn't put special weight on the left leg. He even does a type of gesture with his right hand ... like it surprised him a bit.

Not saying Laine had nothing ... but ***** happens. Apparently the kid is ok and that is all what counts at the end.
I have no doubt that Perry had time to avoid collision. Normal human beings react in under 0,5 seconds. A top athelete even faster. Perry had no intention to avoid Laine. Unless Perry skated towards his bench with his eyes closed, he could have avoided him. He didn't, and it's 2 minutes for interference at a minimum.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Perry is a skilled pest, but having watched him for long I think he went for a trip and it went wrong. It could be that it was an accident, but I know nobody here would eat that since its perry. If its any consolation I doubt he went specifically for Laine

I give it a 0.1% chance it was an accident.

1. No effort to avoid Laine whatsoever. Almost looks like he drags his skate purposefully.

2. It's Corey Perry.

It's shameful Perry always gets away with such cheap ****

Last edited by a moderator:

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki

Such a skilled fanbase, also into comedy. I think it's time for this thread to be locked.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002

Laine was the center of attention the whole game... It clearly was intentional.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't understand what this means? who has been 50 years without a cup and what does it have to do with Team Canada or Canadians?

I think he is referring to the butt hurt Leaf fans dumping on Laine every chnce they get. Sadly, your prize of first pick ischallenged by a younger and surging Laine.

On the 100% positive side most Leaf fans on their home forum are great and understand that Laine's emergence as a challenger to the presumptive first choice is good for hockey. A few others enjoy agitating, as is teir right. The 50 year thingy.....well it has been a long time. I would bet that whichever team gets PL wins a SC before the Leafs.

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
Lol how does this thread have 8 pages..

Dirty play? Yes, it was uncalled for and silly.

Worthy of suspension? Lol no.. Self explanatory, Laine is fine and he barely touched the kids leg..

Some posters are out to town making it seem like Perry held Laine at gunpoint. :laugh:

Captain Timo

Dec 4, 2015
I think he is referring to the butt hurt Leaf fans dumping on Laine every chnce they get. Sadly, your prize of first pick ischallenged by a younger and surging Laine.

On the 100% positive side most Leaf fans on their home forum are great and understand that Laine's emergence as a challenger to the presumptive first choice is good for hockey. A few others enjoy agitating, as is teir right. The 50 year thingy.....well it has been a long time. I would bet that whichever team gets PL wins a SC before the Leafs.

So if the Leafs drafted Laine, then what? Lol this is such a anti-leaf post, even as a Sharks fan primarily, this hurt my eyes to read. :help:

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Eight pages about a minor incident when Laine is involved?

Yeah mainly because most of the Finnish fans seem to get their information and opinions from the Finnish tabloids. No other country is as governed by cheap tabloid crap as Finland. Goes for hockey too.

As a Finn and a hockey enthusiast it ****ing eats up my soul to see this clickbait bullcrap blown out of proportion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad