WC: Corey Perry cheap shot on Patrik Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I'm not certain of this but i believe that Patrik is kind of a agitator himself. Definetly not a saint on the ice.

Pretty much, during the first intermission of Fin/USA they noted he was chirping back and forth with several USA players while leaving the ice.

There's nothing wrong with him being that kind of player, but there are expectations that go along with it. And an 18 year old who's so green he doesn't know which way is up chirping at vets and initiating it is only going to get him injured. Right or wrong, he's going to change real quick in the NHL.

Did you even watch the game :D?

Canada started it with Marchand from the get go. Before the game even started Marchand was yapping in Laine's face. Canada played Marchand against Laine so he could be in his face all the time.

And it wasn't just him. Perry and Hall with knee hits. After every shift Laine was on ice there was somebody in his face. Of course Laine responds to these.

I wonder how many hours Team-Canada watched Laine's highlights before the game but it was ONLY thing they focused in the whole game.

Well now they know how good he is. Hopefully they didn't get enough of Laine and will focus on him if/when they meet again in the finals.

LOL, did you watch the game? Laine gave Marchand a tap on the back of his leg post whistle, that's why Marchand spun around and they had words. Laine is a talker who won't back it up, he made himself known as a *****, and like a ***** he got smacked. It'll be good for him in the long run.

Anyway, it wasn't a big deal, lots of overrating. My favourite part was the cameras cutting to him crying on the bench. Oh, and seeing little Brandon Ghallegher knock Laine to the ice by completely out-muscling him and stripping the puck away. I'm sure that impressed the scouts in attendance.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
That isn't a slew foot.

A bit dirty? Sure, but people are overreacting.

I agree. I was at work and watching the game and missed the play completely. The way the game thread was blowing up, I was expecting a Matt Cooke type incident.

I'm confused on how Laine got injured there.Obviously got him in a soft spot or something.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Pretty much, during the first intermission of Fin/USA they noted he was chirping back and forth with several USA players while leaving the ice.

There's nothing wrong with him being that kind of player, but there are expectations that go along with it. And an 18 year old who's so green he doesn't know which way is up chirping at vets and initiating it is only going to get him injured. Right or wrong, he's going to change real quick in the NHL.

LOL, did you watch the game? Laine gave Marchand a tap on the back of his leg post whistle, that's why Marchand spun around and they had words. Laine is a talker who won't back it up, he made himself known as a *****, and like a ***** he got smacked. It'll be good for him in the long run.

Anyway, it wasn't a big deal, lots of overrating. My favourite part was the cameras cutting to him crying on the bench. Oh, and seeing little Brandon Ghallegher knock Laine to the ice by completely out-muscling him and stripping the puck away. I'm sure that impressed the scouts in attendance.

You are just completely lying here.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/mmjaakiekko-2016/2016051021539815_jj.shtml
http://www.mtv.fi/sport/mm2016/uuti...-usa-n-pelaajien-hampaissa-eratauolla/5884598

USA game. Laine is doing an end of period interview. USA players start chirping to about losing the puck to Matthews and USA doing a goal.

Laine's response "I really don't care about them. They can say what ever they want. I just concentrate on my own game."

http://www.mtv.fi/sport/mm2016/uuti...sten-hampaissa-ei-jaanyt-sanattomaksi/5899570
http://www.mtv.fi/sport/mm2016/uuti...a-laineelta-paras-mahdollinen-reaktio/5899822

Canada game. You can watch here how many times Marchand was on Laines face. He started it before the game.

STOP LYING!

Last edited:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
You are just completely lying here.

http://www.iltalehti.fi/mmjaakiekko-2016/2016051021539815_jj.shtml
http://www.mtv.fi/sport/mm2016/uuti...-usa-n-pelaajien-hampaissa-eratauolla/5884598

USA game. Laine is doing an end of period interview. USA players start chirping to about losing the puck to Matthews and USA doing a goal.

Laine's response "I really don't care about them. They can say what ever they want. I just concentrate on my own game."

http://www.mtv.fi/sport/mm2016/uuti...sten-hampaissa-ei-jaanyt-sanattomaksi/5899570
http://www.mtv.fi/sport/mm2016/uuti...a-laineelta-paras-mahdollinen-reaktio/5899822

Canada game. You can watch here how many times Marchand was on Laines face. He started it before the game.

STOP LYING!

Don't bother. Dude obviously made up his mind already.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland

I wonder how they think of Perry if a tap in the back of a leg is that serious (I didn't even see that happen, provide some evidence).

I thought Perry was kinda funny after joking around in NHL but now I know that he is an idiot. I hope he gets a suspension and someone tears that C from his chest. *****, that's what he is. Too bad Komarov didn't do anything.

After reading your comment I realized where the hate comes from. Hope that Komarov leaves that city as soon as his contract expires.

Last edited:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Never liked perry, does the dude ever smile?
Aren't they adorable?
dd310294c377b3e93d8047de452e66c0.jpg

Rymistri

Jun 17, 2011
Ottawa
Perry didn't knee him, slew foot him, and didn't run him. He sticks his ****ing foot out going for a line change and tries to trip him.

Regarding Hall... are we now taking still shots of players getting tangled and trying to pass this off as evidence of trying to hurt someone?

Esa Tikkanen should stay in his lane. He was probably more dirty then Perry

The thread has now deteriorated into making fun of Perry's looks because he savagely attacked a 6'4" child.

Please just lock this thread.

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
I was actually surprised to see him wearing the "C" for Canada. That was what caught my eye the most lol.

The "dirty play" wasn't nearly as dirty as those complaining about it. To those crying that Perry is a punk for going after an undrafted player do you hockey? at all? This is part of the game however disgusting you think it is. Winning is the goal and as humans we will do whatever we can to achieve that.

Except win game 7s... ain't nobody got time for that.

6zag

Apr 30, 2016
I personally don't mind Laine getting a little manhandle before he crosses the pond, it will only make him learn better. But can we all just agree on the fact that even though it's part of the game, and possibly works sometimes too, a player like that shouldn't be the captain of a national team. Sometimes gray area plays are good and needed to win the game, but it sure as **** shouldn't be the captain doing it. I'm not even judging from this play alone, I don't deem it that bad, but Perry as a player is a very very poor choice for the C-Letter imo. Little ***** should be little *****, but the captain is supposed to be the one the youngsters look up to, and I sure as **** hope that the likes of Scheifele or McDavid are not doing that atm.

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Perry is a known sneaky ****disturber. That definitely was a cheap shot that could injure. Anyone on this thread downplaying it must not understand the mechanism of leg injuries. A subtle stick to the back of the leg hurts and sends a message. What Perry did was dangerous.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
I come to HF for rational, well-thought out ideas.

We have to draw the line somewhere. What you think is too much? 10 cheap shots per game? 100? When this sport stops to exist hockey and becomes cheap shot competition?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
We have to draw the line somewhere. What you think is too much? 10 cheap shots per game? 100? When this sport stops to exist hockey and becomes cheap shot competition?

Teams aren't dirty. Countries aren't dirty. Only players are dirty. Wanting to ban a whole nation because a few players do questionable things sometimes is not a rational or well-thought out idea.

jackouu

Nov 25, 2015
Helsinki
Perry is a known sneaky ****disturber. That definitely was a cheap shot that could injure. Anyone on this thread downplaying it must not understand the mechanism of leg injuries. A subtle stick to the back of the leg hurts and sends a message. What Perry did was dangerous.

This.

DuckJazz

Jan 11, 2014
Ashamed for the Ducks fans trying to downplay this. Can we somehow trade Perry this offseason?

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Teams aren't dirty. Countries aren't dirty. Only players are dirty. Wanting to ban a whole nation because a few players do questionable things sometimes is not a rational or well-thought out idea.

Sometimes? It's said they cheap shot in every game. You must wonder if that is just because of players. At least management have some responsibility.

And in athletics they banned the whole country and are thinking banning another, so you can do that if necessary.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Sometimes? It's said they cheap shot in every game. You must wonder if that is just because of players. At least management have some responsibility.

And in athletics they banned the whole country and are thinking banning another, so you can do that if necessary.

Yes sometimes. It's not like a canadian player is suspended every game Canada plays... But correct me if I'm wrong.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
I wonder how they think of Perry if a tap in the back of a leg is that serious (I didn't even see that happen, provide some evidence).

I thought Perry was kinda funny after joking around in NHL but now I know that he is an idiot. I hope he gets a suspension and someone tears that C from his chest. *****, that's what he is. Too bad Komarov didn't do anything.

After reading your comment I realized where the hate comes from. Hope that Komarov leaves that city as soon as his contract expires.

Laine gave Marchand the tap, not Perry. If he wants to chirp and do that kinda play against vets he's going to... Well, end up crying on the bench again. When Dion Phaneuf was a rookie he ran around trying to be a tough guy, he went after J. Ruutu one game and rather than tool the kid he taught him a lesson by tugging the back of his skate, sending Dion on his ass, embarrassing him. That was a less painful lesson than Laine got, but a lesson nonetheless.

What would of Leo of done? lol. I've probably seen more of him than you, he doesn't fight (isn't good at it) and isnt a heavy hitter. He's not even a dirty player, I don't even like Perry but Perry would smoke Komarov pretty easily. I do like Komarov though, but if he wants to leave Toronto (which isn't my city) he can maybe go back to the KHL, I'm sure he'd rather both over playing in Finland.

Not mad at all, I'm amused.

I just wanted to get him caught on lying.

He shouldn't be responding anymore after writing complete BS.

Dude stop lying, Laine now has a reputation as a mouth-piece and a vet taught him a little lesson, get over it already. It happens. And re-watch the 1st period, just before Marchand spins around Laine gives him a tap on the back of the knee. It was on the TV for anyone to see, you especially should of seen it because it involved your idol.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Perry was trying to cause interference. Stupid play by him. Probably didn't think about the potential injury which is why it's a stupid play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad