WC: Corey Perry cheap shot on Patrik Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

"Corey Perry would lose his mind if Patrick Laine did that to him" - Ray Ferraro

"Laine didn't waste time getting caught up in Perry cheap shot. Said it was painful, he took painkillers...all is fine. Love this kid.' - Darren Dreger

What a punk Perry is. When asked about the slew foot, he replied "what play?"

Last edited:

EverybodyLovesRay

Sep 21, 2008
It's very pathetic, kid just turned 18 and this ********* "captain" tried to hurt him. I have never realized that perry can go this low. :shakehead:rant:

Isaak16

The Universe Is Here
May 7, 2013
Alberta
How is he wearing the C for that team? Loser. "You're better than me so I'm going to try and hurt you..."

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
That isn't a slew foot.

A bit dirty? Sure, but people are overreacting.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
At first I thought OP might have a bias but then I remember Laine hasn't been drafted by any NHL team yet.

So obviously no bias towards Laine. My mistake.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
At first I thought OP might have a bias but then I remember Laine hasn't been drafted by any NHL team yet.

As much as I want the Leafs to take Matthews, a Laine selection at 1st would be a hilarious troll-job around here :laugh:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Of course not. There's no way fans of the team picking 2nd overall could be biased towards the player almost certain to go 2nd overall.

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
I believe Perry was only attempting to interfere (and not cause injury) but as a Cdn, that's just embarrassing. Especially when it's our captain doing it.
Play the damn game.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
It was certainly not needed, and I think Perry knew exactly what Ryan Rishaug was talking about when he asked him about it. Anyway, hockey is a chippy game, and these things happen. Although I do wish these things DIDN'T happen, but we see them so often, it just seems to be a part of the game. The thing is, I think the TC players were just trying to get to him, and get under his skin to knock him off his game. I don't think Perry meant to injure him at all. He just likes to be a crap disturber. So yeah, wasn't necessary, but not the end of the world either, as I've seen much worse go uncalled and unpunished in this tourny. I hope Perry doesn't do that again.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Not necessary, didn't like it but I agree with those that say way too much overreaction.
That said had a Finnish player done that to McDavid, we'd see a similar overreaction.

Hockey has a problem, players are intentionally going out to hurt other players. Seems to be getting worse lately. (I'm talking more of hits into the boards here) Maybe I'm wrong and it's not as bad as the Broad Street Bullies but it's just a matter of time before someone is killed.

And why didn't the Finnish team NOT force Laine to obey the doctor.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
That's (NHL vet) Captain going after undrafted prospect for no reason.

When you're trying to win a tournament, it doesn't matter whether the guy on the other team is drafted or not.

It was dumb by Perry, but really not as bad as people are making it.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
When you're trying to win a tournament, it doesn't matter whether the guy on the other team is drafted or not.

It was dumb by Perry, but really not as bad as people are making it.

He knew very well what he did and who he was, and I'd like to think teams can win without those .......... plays.
Atleast the Finns won.

That's brutal play and I don't understand the defending of it, with a worse luck his offseason could have been in danger, and Laine badly needs a healthy offseason.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Not necessary, didn't like it but I agree with those that say way too much overreaction.
That said had a Finnish player done that to McDavid, we'd see a similar overreaction.

Hockey has a problem, players are intentionally going out to hurt other players. Seems to be getting worse lately. (I'm talking more of hits into the boards here) Maybe I'm wrong and it's not as bad as the Broad Street Bullies but it's just a matter of time before someone is killed.

And why didn't the Finnish team NOT force Laine to obey the doctor.

I guess they should have immediately. But Laine was yelling at the team doctor and coach to let him on the ice to test out if he was OK.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
That was a really stupid thing to do. It's Perry so I expect it. Guy will always be a *****.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Typical Corey Perry :laugh: Obvious deviation from a normal flight path, but I think people are overreacting. There was no knee or anything; he looked more like he was trying to trip him. Dirty, yes. Brutally violent? no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad