Confirmed with Link: Corey Crawford retires

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I warned you all and got chastised at the time, per usual. Some folks never learn.

This guy was 100% cooked and checked out. Anyone with eyes could see it. Which does make it concerning our GM signed him in the first place.
He was one of the best goalies in the NHL last season and struggled after coming back from COVID. The hell are you on about?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I warned you all and got chastised at the time, per usual. Some folks never learn.

This guy was 100% cooked and checked out. Anyone with eyes could see it. Which does make it concerning our GM signed him in the first place.

here was your post on the matter:

Going to be a lot of backpedaling in this thread once the actual season starts. Not worth arguing with a bunch of stat watchers until then.

Absurdly high team shots against historically skews SV% upward btw.

Hawks with Lehner in net for 33GP: 92 point season pace
Hawks with Crawford in net for 40GP: 72 point season pace

Crawford is nearly 36 and looked absurdly slow and 100% washed this postseason. The most recent hockey for an over the hill goalie does matter. Especially when he looked out of position routinely and, again, slow as molasses.

I don't want responses from a single person unless they go watch the Hawks playoffs games. Guy is fortunate he didn't average 5 goals against per game. Flailing around with no idea where the puck is all the time. You all better hope he was sick or just had trouble getting back into the season after restart, because he didn't look like an NHL goalie.

where in there did you "warn us" that he would be retiring? Or that he was "checked out"?

please go away. You are the worst kind of fan.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

Exactly. Giving 3.9 AAV to a goalie to be a 1A/1B who is one slap shot away from a tapioca brain was STUPID.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I genuinely can’t tell if this is an act. You’re claiming you knew he would retire after signing a 2 year deal because he had some bad games last year? Ok man. I feel very stupid for not anticipating his retirement. Mind telling me this week’s lotto numbers?

all that dude does is come in here to tell us how smart he is while never actually making any points. The worst kind of "fan".

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
what are you even talking about?

A) who gives a sh*t what his AAV is or was?
B) he didnt get hurt or anything this year to cause him to retire

some of you guys are indeed telling on yourselves. Completely insane.

Point A - fair enough.

Still, signing him was a reach. No kidding he didn't get hurt this past season. So what? He has an eggshell noggin. Yeah, let's sign him and hope he doesn't take another hit to the head. OK. Whatever.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I dont know how anyone can blame him. We are talking about a professional athlete, who I'm sure signed here with the idea for wanting to still stop some pucks and be mentor for Mackenzie.

What has happened between him signing and today is his personal business. People make wrong choices. Theres a good chance that after agreeing to a contract he thought about if its worth it to play anymore and risk another concussion hearing the horrible stories from the likes of Johan Franzen.

Maybe he shouldve thought about it more back when free agency happened, but people can change their mind. He has nothing to prove and nothing to be sorry for.

Does this leave Devils in a shitty situation? Sure it does, but after all its just hockey. All good to Corey.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
He just had a new born in April, his wife is from chicago and has lived here her whole life. I assume the family didn’t move with him, thus weighing on him

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I dont know how anyone can blame him. We are talking about a professional athlete, who I'm sure signed here with the idea for wanting to still stop some pucks and be mentor for Mackenzie.

What has happened between him signing and today is his personal business. People make wrong choices. Theres a good chance that after agreeing to a contract he thought about if its worth it to play anymore and risk another concussion hearing the horrible stories from the likes of Johan Franzen.

Maybe he shouldve thought about it more back when free agency happened, but people can change their mind. He has nothing to prove and nothing to be sorry for.

Does this leave Devils in a shitty situation? Sure it does, but after all its just hockey. All good to Corey.
People accepting jobs and than backing out before starting happens all the time in the real world. Not sure why pro sports would be any different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad