Corey Crawford is a beauty.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Kane's Smythe seemed like it was one of those "it's his turn" things so as to formally recognize how consistently great he is in the playoffs. I'm fine with him winning it even if he wasn't far and away the best candidate.

Sarava is right though. A goalie having a bad game in the SCF is a lot more noticeable than a skater having one. It's a subjective award. What was it, a 6-5 win in game 4? Voters saw that and it impacted their voting.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yeah, on some level it felt like the hockey press had already spent the two days between game4 and game5 writing about how terrible Crawford is, and when he stuffed it back down their throats in game5 and ESPECIALLY game6, they were unwilling to admit they were wrong and give him the award he deserved.

Whatever. Crawford doesn't seem like the kind of guy who cares. And Kane told a national television audience he felt Crow got snubbed.

It's just that the guy's resume should be even better than it already is. Which sucks, but it happens.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
What is Crawford to you? Why do you get so offended when someone says anything critical of his performance or proposes to trade him? That said I hope Crawford gets traded to a team with weak defense so everyone gets to see his weaknesses once and for all. Crawford was good in tbe regular season but really stunk in the playoffs again this year, everytime Terasenko had the puck and ready to shoot, you just knew it was going in. 90% save percentage in the PO just won't cut it.

Another bad post. Who would have guessed?

Stats don't always tell the whole story. Crawford was actually pretty good in the playoffs this year. He got a little bit of bad luck. I think before the series shifted back to St. Louis for game 5, he had already had 3-4 goals bounce in off a Blackhawk including the OT game winner that broke his damn shutout in game 1. But let me guess, that game was Crawfords fault too right?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
There's no question that Crawford has been a top 5 player on the Blackhawks since 2013, and for many stretches, he's been the team's BEST player.

There are over a dozen players you trade to make cap space before you trade Crawford.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
There's no question that Crawford has been a top 5 player on the Blackhawks since 2013, and for many stretches, he's been the team's BEST player.

There are over a dozen players you trade to make cap space before you trade Crawford.

Honestly, I'd probably say he's been top 3 since 2013 with Kane and Keith. He's been unbelievable since that 2012 first round where he was awful. I think this is the year he finally gets that Conn Smythe on the back of a rebuilt defense that should be stellar.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Then we'd get to hear the HF experts say he only got it because of a "stacked defense" and he was just average before then :laugh:

It's hilarious though in the goalie ranking threads when people don't even have him in the top 10. I've asked for justifications before and I've never heard any legit reason as to why he isn't on the top 10. Personally I have him somewhere in the 6-7 range.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
I don't see how Quick's numbers are comparable when his SV% is lower both at 5v5 and all situations.

Crawford also saw more shots against per 60, 30.47 vs 26.12 at 5v5 and 30.99 vs 27.03 at all situations.

As far as 2013, the idea that one poor performance in a game he won, would overshadow the fact that he was the Blackhawks best, most consistent player through the entire playoffs isn't helping the whole 'the voters were idiots' position. Corey Crawford, bad game and all, ended the playoffs with a SV% over 930 and a GAA below 2.0 (though the latter is more of a team stat). He absolutely deserved the Conn Smythe over Kane's 19 points in 23 games.

Quick played 10 more games including 5 back-to-backs to Crawford's 1.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
What is Crawford to you? Why do you get so offended when someone says anything critical of his performance or proposes to trade him? That said I hope Crawford gets traded to a team with weak defense so everyone gets to see his weaknesses once and for all. Crawford was good in tbe regular season but really stunk in the playoffs again this year, everytime Terasenko had the puck and ready to shoot, you just knew it was going in. 90% save percentage in the PO just won't cut it.

He was on a team with a weak D this past season. The 'hawks this past season let more shots on net/game than *any* 'hawks team since 1989 (more than the abysmal teams of 2006 and 2007) and for the bulk of the year up until his injury is was Kiprusoffed and saw more rubber than both Craig Andersen and the starting line of Daytona--yet his numbers were still near the top of the league.

And maybe Crawford wasn't perfect in the playoffs. Who was outside of Hossa and Shaw? Hell, our $10.5M wunderkinds couldn't even score in a Tijuana brothel with a $100 bill stapled to their generative bits in the playoffs.

Crawford hasn't been a problem since 2012. If it wasn't for him, Kane, and Panarin the 'hawks would have been in the Austin Matthews Sweepstakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad