Corey Crawford is a beauty.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Regardless of what happened last year or what happens the rest of the playoffs this year.

Regardless of whether he never makes an Olympic team or wins a Vezina.

The way that Crawford came back after those devastating endings to Games 1 and 2 to put the Hawks in position to steal this series is mighty, mighty impressive.

eta:
855080386.gif

Last edited:

member 151739

Crawford is a great goalie, and he steps his game up in the playoffs.

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
'A mediocre goalie on a great team' my ass

The guy has better PO numbers than Jonathan Quick.

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
I don't care what the final score says ... Corey Crawford stole that game for the Hawks with his play in the second.

His numbers this series were really, really good.

What's more is he proved how strong he is mentally. Many a goalies would have folded after giving up back-to-back overtime goals to start the playoffs.

feichter

Apr 2, 2006
Have to say it; he reminds me a bit of JS Giguere in his prime...more of a technique goalie then an athletic one, sometimes so-so lateral movement, but fills to net well. Mentally is where he exceeds though, b/c he battles hard, and does well in pressure situations, and doesn't get too scrambled. Really, he is made for playoff hockey, IMO.

Sharp1024*

I am not a Crawdaddy fan. Even cheering for Rannta to take the ship eventually.

But have to give credit when credit is due. Crawford has kept me quiet most of the year and certainly during his last two playoff series.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
His cap hit is a tad higher than I'd prefer, but I'm not losing sleep over it. He's one of my favorite Hawks for sure. The hate he gets around here is absolutely ridiculous. Maybe we should trade him for Ryan Miller. :laugh:

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
With all the dumb penalties we took, his play on the PK was basically invaluable. Great start to the playoffs for him. :nod:

McDooRoo

Feb 24, 2013
Wyoming
He's money in the playoffs. He could've folded the tent after the first two games, but instead he stole games for us.

I thought last year he should've won the Conn Smythe and if things go how we and the Hawks want them to he's the Conn Smythe now too thus far.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
He's money in the playoffs. He could've folded the tent after the first two games, but instead he stole games for us.

I thought last year he should've won the Conn Smythe and if things go how we and the Hawks want them to he's the Conn Smythe now too thus far.

As good as Crawford has been, I'm not so sure he's the frontrunner for the Hawks at the moment. Toews has 3 GWG's in the series to go along with 4 assists. Kane, Keith and Seabrook are all PPG or higher as well. The guys that needed to step up in this series did.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
He has improved so much in so many different areas its mind boggling.

Man I'm proud he's our goalie!

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
He had pretty good first two games. He said he had to be better and that's exactly what he did. Very impressive first round for Corey. The whole hawks team just seems so composed and know exactly what they have to do individually to win. Down 2-0, "been there done that, no biggie." Insane.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
I think the one thing that stuck out to me the most was how well he played the puck all series. He took away a lot of dump ins.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
He starting doing a lot of that in the cup run last year. Really adds another dimension to his game.

I think it's been ever since the end of his rookie year. Clearly did a lot of work with Turco (puckhandling was the one thing Turco was still good at). Something I don't see mentioned very often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad