Corey Crawford is a beauty.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Considering he's 31 and doesn't have a Vezina nomination or Smythe it's really not even worth bringing up.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Inspired from the main board. What would Crow have to do to contend for the HHoF?

His early years, particularly 2012, hurt his numbers.

He already has two cups (should have a Conn Smythe too, but whatever), if his numbers stay 920+, he gets a Vezina, and he racks up more playoff wins, I could see him eeking in.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He has a better shot at getting his number retired here (ala Seabrook) and even that is stretching it (though it's certainly possible).

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Crawford would need at least a Vezina and probably another 5-6 years at this level he's been at the past 2 years. Pretty unlikely.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Don't think another Cup's needed (though it certainly couldn't hurt), but a Vezina or two plus another 5-10 years of being a top three goalie would probably do it. The Vezina's the key point, though.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Either...

Two more cups + One more Vezina + Playing the duration of his contract as a top3-5 goalie

OR

One more cup + Two Vezinas + Playing the duration of his contract as a top 3 goalie

Too bad he was injured. Really would've liked to have seen him win, or atleast get nominated for the Vezina this past year.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Either...

Two more cups + One more Vezina + Playing the duration of his contract as a top3-5 goalie

OR

One more cup + Two Vezinas + Playing the duration of his contract as a top 3 goalie

Too bad he was injured. Really would've liked to have seen him win, or atleast get nominated for the Vezina this past year.

Even with the injury, he should have been a finalist. He got snubbed hard.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I know right? I keep expecting to read some tweet saying

"Crawford involved in tragic ankle-breaking accident at Rise Against concert. Out indefinitely

#Crowlikesbadmusic"

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Even with the injury, he should have been a finalist. He got snubbed hard.

Agreed.

Crazy to think a guy should have BOTH a Conn Smythe and a Vezina nomination on his record, but doesn't simply because of idiot voters (hat tip to those genius NHL GMs for the latter).

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
Agreed.

Crazy to think a guy should have BOTH a Conn Smythe and a Vezina nomination on his record, but doesn't simply because of idiot voters (hat tip to those genius NHL GMs for the latter).

Why do we trust the same group of people who dreamed up the Erat-Forsberg, Hall-Larsson, and Subban-Weber trades again? :laugh:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Agreed.

Bishop and Holtby certainly had better years than Crawford did. I suppose you think he got snubbed in favor of Quick? The numbers look close. I think Roberto Luongo also could have been nominated. It's way too close to call anyone an idiot for voting for Quick or Luongo.

As for 2013 - Crow wins the Conn Smythe if he didn't have that awful game 4 in Boston where he almost cost the Hawks the win (while they completely dominated the play). They had to go to OT to win a game they should have won by 3 or 4 goals. If you recall, the narrative around the NHL over the next many days was how the Hawks were going to have to try to win despite Cory Crawford and his weak glove hand. I'm not saying that was all fair, but he was very bad in that one game and it stuck in everyone's mind.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Bishop and Holtby certainly had better years than Crawford did. I suppose you think he got snubbed in favor of Quick? The numbers look close. I think Roberto Luongo also could have been nominated. It's way too close to call anyone an idiot for voting for Quick or Luongo.

As for 2013 - Crow wins the Conn Smythe if he didn't have that awful game 4 in Boston where he almost cost the Hawks the win (while they completely dominated the play). They had to go to OT to win a game they should have won by 3 or 4 goals. If you recall, the narrative around the NHL over the next many days was how the Hawks were going to have to try to win despite Cory Crawford and his weak glove hand. I'm not saying that was all fair, but he was very bad in that one game and it stuck in everyone's mind.

Id go even further and say the reason he wasn't nominated this year is the narrative from 2013. People made up there minds very early on what Crawford was (average/bad) and have been very slow to adjust to the facts. Some people still think Crawford is an average goalie on a good team. He's pretty clearly somewhere in the 5-10 range of goaltenders these days.

Quick had no business being 3rd.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This thread makes me nervous when its at the top of the page.

What is Crawford to you? Why do you get so offended when someone says anything critical of his performance or proposes to trade him? That said I hope Crawford gets traded to a team with weak defense so everyone gets to see his weaknesses once and for all. Crawford was good in tbe regular season but really stunk in the playoffs again this year, everytime Terasenko had the puck and ready to shoot, you just knew it was going in. 90% save percentage in the PO just won't cut it.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
What is Crawford to you? Why do you get so offended when someone says anything critical of his performance or proposes to trade him? That said I hope Crawford gets traded to a team with weak defense so everyone gets to see his weaknesses once and for all. Crawford was good in tbe regular season but really stunk in the playoffs again this year, everytime Terasenko had the puck and ready to shoot, you just knew it was going in. 90% save percentage in the PO just won't cut it.

I don't believe I have even argued about him in the longest time?
He is my favorite player, so what?
You are the one that has a weird anti-fascination with him

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

I don't see how Quick's numbers are comparable when his SV% is lower both at 5v5 and all situations.

Crawford also saw more shots against per 60, 30.47 vs 26.12 at 5v5 and 30.99 vs 27.03 at all situations.

As far as 2013, the idea that one poor performance in a game he won, would overshadow the fact that he was the Blackhawks best, most consistent player through the entire playoffs isn't helping the whole 'the voters were idiots' position. Corey Crawford, bad game and all, ended the playoffs with a SV% over 930 and a GAA below 2.0 (though the latter is more of a team stat). He absolutely deserved the Conn Smythe over Kane's 19 points in 23 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad