3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Considering the conference they're in, yes.
I didn't even catch this until you pointed it out. We match up better against them than we do against other western conference teams, so yes, give me Dallas all day in a 7 game series! At least we're watching an SCF!

Kakko had his most dominant NHL game. By far.

His confidence was through the f***ing roof. If he keeps playing like this, he may yet earn his 2nd overall status.

Elevator music while we wait:

Did any body else see how excited Kakko was after this goal compared to the last goal he scored? One looked like a funeral celebration. The other looked like... well a normal goal celebration.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
None of those ended up becoming shots though so how does that effect their lack of finishing.
Finishing on a scoring chance/offensive opportunity, it doesn’t need to be shot on goal or even a shot. For example: If a player gets a breakaway, is in all alone on the goalie and loses the puck, not even a shot, just loses control of it, that should still be considered a failure to finish.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This team being 33-2-2 when they score 3 or more goals is absurd.

Poor Hank, seeing him on the post game just makes me sad, if he had anywhere near this kind of offensive support on his teams we would've won Cups. Almost got there while barely getting 2 goals a game for.

Different league scoring wise, I'm not sure where our scoring is now but it was hovering around the same ranking it was in 2011-12.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
This was a nice palette cleanser after watching UCONN get its ass kicked by a bunch of farmers in shorts and tank tops.

• Haha
Reactions: McRanger92

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
2rSVFKc.jpeg

Last edited:

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
What I can't figure out if I should be frustrated that more Laf plays aren't converted or optimistic because in the future they should be.

I think they're gunna start dropping for him at some point, I really do. If there's one thing you can say, he's still busting his ass and sticking with it.

Does anyone else find he's incredibly good at stripping puck carriers of pucks and quickly gaining puck control? (not just knocking it off opponents' sticks) Even in many active scrums he can quickly corral it and force a direction.

No idea if a stat like that is even recorded somewhere in terms of steals, but I find he's so deceiving and then all of sudden he's skating the opposite way with it. His hand-eye doesn't get enough credit I don't think.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I didn't even catch this until you pointed it out. We match up better against them than we do against other western conference teams, so yes, give me Dallas all day in a 7 game series! At least we're watching an SCF!

His confidence was through the f***ing roof. If he keeps playing like this, he may yet earn his 2nd overall status.

Did any body else see how excited Kakko was after this goal compared to the last goal he scored? One looked like a funeral celebration. The other looked like... well a normal goal celebration.
I get all over Kakko. And like, ok, I'm an animated personality. But I'm not wrong! This dude is a 2nd overall. He's not a terrible player in this league. Enough talent is there; he needs to put up some f***in points.

I love it when he plays like this. Either he's going straight to the hole or the puck is. Shit or get off the pot. Yeah, the goalie wants to have that one back tonight. So, they're human. Putting a medium danger chance on a goalie is a better play than a giveaway.

He's effective slowing the game down and circling around, and that's a great asset -- he just needs to get through his head when it's time to take it to the net. Don't wait for the 5th opening. It's doable.

I like the line he's on. Cuylle likes being the grinder and Brodzinski is a passer who's just happy to be here. They're going to let Kakko have the puck. Cuylle is also a straight-ahead player who plays well off the puck so he's a good influence. It's a good line for Kakko to build confidence and pick up good habits.

Also, shoutout to Will Cuylle. He just turned 22 and I already point to him like "this is how you play, kids." He's an effective north-south player who isn't a dumb pinball machine. He gets it.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

They must’ve had a real talk with Kakko while he was out injured. Much more of a personality and confidence showing since he got back. Great to see and the ceiling is sky high for the team if he keeps it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille