Post-Game Talk: Constellation of Constipation

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I know it's only been a few games but Vesey will end up on the 4th line soon again. Edstrom hopefully here to stay. Kid does not look out of place. Good for Rempe but he's not staying up here for long.

I agree. Led to two drawn penalties. What a difference it makes when you actually engage along the boards and try to win a battle.
Now just needs to rip those shots in the slot area vs passing it off every damn time.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, what's been going on with that? I haven't seen anything about it.
Better do this while the gettin is good

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

None of those ended up becoming shots though so how does that effect their lack of finishing.
Blowing opportunities by overpassing. Same difference.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I understand why Laviolette cuts short the ice time of some of our more physical young forwards as the game goes on---well maybe not so much Cuylle but Edstrom and Rempe were really working over the Dallas defense in the first. Their forwards were still flitting around but another couple periods of dealing with those two guys and the Dallas defense might have been putting up the white flag. Some of those hits were real thumpers.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Again with the finishing. We didn't have one good look the last 30 minutes of that game and Kakko's goal should have been stopped. I don't know what games you guys watch sometimes.

Not a terrible game by any stretch, but finishing was not an issue.
I don't agree with the finishing take either but just off the dome, trocheck's short handed chance that miller set up?

Reactions: egelband

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
All of a sudden the whiners are whining less. Igor was fantastic tonight. Kakko is playing well. I like Rempe. Vesey is not a first line winger, that’s the trade they need to make and put Vesey where he’s more valuable.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I thought it was his best game in a while. He did make those two bad 2 on 1 passes in a row at the end, but before that he was shooting! And he was engaging, not just throwing the puck away when someone sneezed near him.

I agree, he willingly went into traffic with imminent physical contact without hesitation these last couple games. Almost like he was inviting it.

Hope this continues.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He’s won 4 in a row and his GAA is 2.25

Yeah I think trading him and anointing quick our starter is for idiots

4 games is still a tiny sample size compared to the rest of his season. He's still hovering around 0.900. I don't want to shit on the guy but you're calling people idiots for their displeasure with a goalie playing well below his potential and are gloating about a nice 4 games, one of which he gave up 5 goals in.

Reactions: egelband

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
4 games is still a tiny sample size compared to the rest of his season. He's still hovering around 0.900. I don't want to shit on the guy but you're calling people idiots for their displeasure with a goalie playing well below his potential and are gloating about a nice 4 games, one of which he gave up 5 goals in.
Only one of those 5 goals against could be considered soft. If you want to pick and choose sure, have at it horse.

I’ll still say you’d be an idiot for wanting to ride a 38 year old quick in a playoff run

Reactions: kovazub94

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
And this season (where you’ll find many top goalies having bad numbers) is a tiny sample size compared to:
w7O4QgW.png

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
And this season (where you’ll find many top goalies having bad numbers) is a tiny sample size compared to:
w7O4QgW.png

Last season he sucked most of the season. He had a great Vezina year and a great dozen or so games to start his career. Otherwise he was basically Georgiev last year, good but not great. Outside of this year he has shown plenty of signs of not being a top goalie mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA