3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Finishing on a scoring chance/offensive opportunity, it doesn’t need to be shot on goal or even a shot. For example: If a player gets a breakaway, is in all alone on the goalie and loses the puck, not even a shot, just loses control of it, that should still be considered a failure to finish.
Yeah, when I say finishing it means everything. There are scenarios where they don’t get a shot off because of poor decisions. That is a part of finishing imo. It’s more than just hitting open net, it’s creating the opportunities to hit that open net.

Zibs is the most obvious one. Everyone knows he’s forcing the puck to Kreider in a 2 on 1. Take what’s given to you. If Zibs starts using his wrist shot from the middle of the ice, a lot will change for the better

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Just for fun, go back and rewatch the Kakko goal and notice the difference in player movement through the high slot off of a high cycle. Guys actually moving instead of two just standing at the net waiting for something to happen opened up the seam for Gustafsson and Kakko. You’re welcome, Kyle Smith ;)

Now, go rescue Tomasino from Nashville Drury and stop wasting time on bums like Wennberg

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Just for fun, go back and rewatch the Kakko goal and notice the difference in player movement through the high slot off of a high cycle. Guys actually moving instead of two just standing at the net waiting for something to happen opened up the seam for Gustafsson and Kakko. You’re welcome, Kyle Smith ;)

Now, go rescue Tomasino from Nashville Drury and stop wasting time on bums like Wennberg

Really nice cycling on that play, and Kakko's shot was a ripper.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Only one of those 5 goals against could be considered soft. If you want to pick and choose sure, have at it horse.

I’ll still say you’d be an idiot for wanting to ride a 38 year old quick in a playoff run
It's nice (even great) to have him as a back-up but anything beyond this is silly.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
That Kreider empty netter should have counted BTW. It looked like it crossed the line with about .1 seconds left. Kreider was robbed of number 29.
Guess it has to be down to the disparity between the on-screen timer (it was actually 0.2 you can see it on the highlights) and the clock the zebras are using.

Reactions: egelband

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
TV clock isn’t the official game clock, it’s entirely possible the real game clock had expired
This is true.

Guess it has to be down to the disparity between the on-screen timer (it was actually 0.2 you can see it on the highlights) and the clock the zebras are using.
Yup and the fact that the goal didn't matter and they didn't want to drop the puck again.

Reactions: tlk

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
They should count it because Dallas pulled their goalie with like 8 minutes left and should be smacked for it.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
There has been a near 1:1 correlation between Gustafsson's hot and cold streaks this season and the team's macro performance.

It means the team is starving for offensive puck movement from the D.

Reactions: will1066

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
BTW, I thought I clearly saw Lafreniere pushing puck to Panarin on Fox's goal but Lindgren got the assist and it seems to stay. Was I hallucinating?
Nope looks that way. Just went back and looked at it. I think the scoring guys at MSG last night were frauds lol
At very least he created that by driving the net ( I know that doesn't credit him for an assist just saying).

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Yup and the fact that the goal didn't matter and they didn't want to drop the puck again.
I agree, I've seen the NHL do this before- when the game is cooked and the puck goes in with under a second and they just say ef it who wants another pointless faceoff.

But I'm sure it pissed off some betting folks who hit the over (4.5) and made some others happy who bet the under.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Panarin has become a given as a top 3 in every game.

Is Kakko teasing us or has he figured it out?

If it's the latter, they have as good a chance as anyone to win the Cup, even without a move.

Edstrom should never be scratched again unless his play takes a nosedive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille