Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel - Round III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Chiarelli basically just confirmed in his presser this morning that the pick is McDavid.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
All jokes aside... what if the Oilers really do value Eichel ahead of Mcdavid and select him first overall... I don't really see all the articles that TSN and Sportsnet are producing on "Mcdavid ready for his moment" etc...

Both are elite generational players... maybe they find Eichel' slight edge in physical maturity a major bonus over raw skill and ability...who knows... All I know is I find it extremely dangerous to get a kids hopes up to be first overall for him not to be selected in that position.

Really?

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

All jokes aside... what if the Oilers really do value Eichel ahead of Mcdavid and select him first overall... I don't really see all the articles that TSN and Sportsnet are producing on "Mcdavid ready for his moment" etc...

Both are elite generational players... maybe they find Eichel' slight edge in physical maturity a major bonus over raw skill and ability...who knows... All I know is I find it extremely dangerous to get a kids hopes up to be first overall for him not to be selected in that position.

if they value Eichel over McDavid despite every piece of evidence and the opinion of every scout/manager thinking otherwise, then someone's getting fired right out the gates.

you don't take anyone who's unanimously, inherently worse. Pick the best prospect since Crosby/Lindros/Lemieux, not 2nd best. Don't you worry for one second

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Man... Tim Murray just threw away a first round pick for an average goalie. Feel bad for Eichel having to play on a team run by this clown. McDavid will win a cup first if Murray is allowed to run the team for long.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
If i were Edmonton's GM i would draft Eichel over McDavid without any hesitation. Edmonton already has to many fancy hands and needs a gritty young player that will be a top power forward in the future.
This is just ridiculous. If you were GM and did that, you would get fired right after the draft. You need a lot more reasons than just "oh, this guy might be grittier", to pass on possibly another Crosby.
"i would draft Eichel over McDavid without any hesitation" he says. Jesus.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
What do you guys think: could he become better than generational player Bobby Ryan?

nbc.jpg

TheyTuukkaMyCup

Mar 18, 2014
McDavid vs Eichel highlight video

Hi guys!
Remove if not allowed, but I made a compilation of both their highlights and tried to make it quick and fast paced unlike most videos. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

UnrefinedCrude

Jun 7, 2011
Hi guys!
Remove if not allowed, but I made a compilation of both their highlights and tried to make it quick and fast paced unlike most videos. Thanks :)

Nice video. Well done.

Our only issue is that we've all seen all the clips already. [Not your fault,and I really liked the way you combined them.] I just can't wait to watch them create new highlights so you have to turn this into a series!

As an Oilers fan, I actually re-upped my Center Ice package after letting it lapse last year, and it's pretty much so I can watch more Eichel.

As hockey fans regardless of team we're lucky to watch this kind o talent hit the league. In act I think we may see somewhat of a resurgence in scoring, as it seems a lot more of that kind of talent is entering the league lately.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
After the first period McDavid has 2 assists. He was robbed on two different breakaways that period as well. One where he knocked the puck down clean out of the air after it went over his head. That was insane.

Scary he could easily have 4 points after one period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad