Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
MCDAVID_EICHEL_DL_NEWJERSEYS.jpg

Continued from:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1805605

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
i always wonder what if mcdavid had eichels size and strenght. Would that make the greatest prospect ever. But both of them are going to be stars, i think they will be a bit overrated initially but 2-3 years after the draft they will star tearing up the league

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
I don't know why people get so wound up. As Oilers and Sabres fans we win. Coyotes fans lose. Thats who should really be upset. Who knows who will be the third best player in this draft?

Eichel might be better than McDavid. Who knows? Dominating the NCAA at such a young age with size is a real twist.

But the Oilers have to pick McDavid. Katz house would get burned down if he didn't. We both win, it's all good.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I don't know why people get so wound up. As Oilers and Sabres fans we win. Coyotes fans lose. Thats who should really be upset. Who knows who will be the third best player in this draft?

Nobody knows. However, even though Arizona really lost out, I think Marner is a pretty good fit for them imo. Hanifin is a hell of a prospect, but they need that top offensive player. I think the Leafs should take Barzal at 4th (or they can fall into the Strome trap ;)), and Canes end up with Hanifin (pair him up with Faulk :yo:).

Anyways, this is a McEichel thread, sorry for any possible derailing. :)

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Nobody knows. However, even though Arizona really lost out, I think Marner is a pretty good fit for them imo. Hanifin is a hell of a prospect, but they need that top offensive player. I think the Leafs should take Barzal at 4th (or they can fall into the Strome trap ;)), and Canes end up with Hanifin (pair him up with Faulk :yo:).

Leafs are picking one of Marner or Hanifin.

30Yonge

Jan 24, 2014
HF Boards declares Eichel the best Eichel ever: McDavid fans unhappy,
argue gap between McDavid and other McDavids is even larger.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca
Eichel has all the best qualities of the 2nd tier stars in the league, some kind of weird Getzlaf/Carter/Staal hybrid. McDavid is basically a faster Giroux with Kane's hands and Crosby's killer instinct.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Eichel has all the best qualities of the 2nd tier stars in the league, some kind of weird Getzlaf/Carter/Staal hybrid. McDavid is basically a faster Giroux with Kane's hands and Crosby's killer instinct.

So.. nothing like Giroux at all?

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
The best way I can describe McDavid is that he has Bure's speed, Kane's hands, Crosby's vision/reaction ability and Stamkos' body.

I do see some Jagr or Getzlaf-like qualities to Eichel's game, but he's not as big as either. Carter's a pretty good comparison, but Eichel has more ways to beat you than Carter does.

Last edited:

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
Stamkos'..............???

The best way I can describe McDavid is that he has Bure's speed, Kane's hands, Crosby's vision/reaction ability and Stamkos' body.

I do see some Jagr or Getzlaf-like qualities to Eichel's game, but he's not as big as either. Carter's a pretty good comparison, but Eichel has more ways to beat you than Carter does.

Stamkos' body?......................it's that a good thing to have???

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
At this point it's sabres and oilers fans going back and forth. Consensus is that McDavid is the better prospect and there is a decent sized gap between McDavid and Eichel. That is no slight to Eichel because McDavid is arguably a better prospect than Crosby was.

Both teams are getting a gem, congrats.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I love Eichel's power and play style, but McDavid's sweet saucy moves make my mouth water. Oh what could have been.

It's fitting the future American hockey icon will be on an American team and same goes for the Canadian side of things.

Also, I noticed that McDavid has been compared to Lemieux and Gretzky among other players, and he got 66 points and 99 points in his first two OHL seasons. 2spooky4me.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Eichel is going to dominate the East physically. There's no player like him in that conference (that I can think of at least)

Ironslave

May 22, 2008
Jack Eichel has a very good (likely) chance of being a top 10 player in the league.

Connor McDavid has a very good chance of being a top 10 player of all time.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
At this point it's sabres and oilers fans going back and forth. Consensus is that McDavid is the better prospect and there is a decent sized gap between McDavid and Eichel. That is no slight to Eichel because McDavid is arguably a better prospect than Crosby was.

Both teams are getting a gem, congrats.

The consensus is that McDavid is better. The gap is still up for debate.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
i always wonder what if mcdavid had eichels size and strenght. Would that make the greatest prospect ever. But both of them are going to be stars, i think they will be a bit overrated initially but 2-3 years after the draft they will star tearing up the league

He's already the greatest prospect ever IMO.

Edit: Besides Lemieux. But even if he had Eichel's size, he wouldn't surpass Mario

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Stamkos' body?......................it's that a good thing to have???
Not necessarily, but his frame is literally identical to Stamkos'. It is a relatively long, wiry, athletic frame, though. For a player of his quickness, speed and agility, his frame is much bigger than most. Guys who play a similar game based on quickness like Kane, Crosby, Gaudreau, etc. are all much smaller and more compact. Makes for a very interesting combination.

But yeah...it's not like saying he has the body of Lindros or anything.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Jack Eichel has a very good (likely) chance of being a top 10 player in the league.

Connor McDavid has a very good chance of being a top 10 player of all time.

I wouldnt say he has a very good chance of being a top 10 player of all time, I mean at the end of sidney crosbys career he will end up around top 25 to top 15, I dont see mcdavid becoming that good personally but who knows, he could become top 10 in edmonton, if they can afford to keep there core around and get better defense men they will have a chance to become a dynasty moving forward. Mcdavid is in a great situation, where he doesnt need to be the best player on his team. He has hall, ebs, nuge who can help him out

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
*Some of* You guys make it sound like Eichel is 6'6 250 lbs. the guy is barely bigger than McDavid. However, his strength in his feet is top notch. But he's no Big E.

(No disrespect to Eichel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad