Value of: Connor Mcdavid trade give your teams best offer...

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
As a Flame, I’d have little interest. I wouldn’t trade Gaudreau and Monahan for him, and that’s what it would cost, likely more.
That's ok, because the Oilers wouldn't do that either.

The Flames would be insane not to do that by the way

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
So this is based solely on attendance?

If so, then no one buys tickets to see Connor McDavid because Edmonton attendance has not even blipped since he joined the team. Why did Edmonton draft him? There has been no economic benefit.

Or wait maybe there are other factors like jerseys sales. I bet there are still Vancouver fans who wear and probably even buy Bure jerseys. In a Detroit arena I have seen many Frederov and Datsyuk jerseys when they do crowd shots. Washington has huge amounts of Ovi jerseys probably on par with Edmonton with McDavid but sure those fans went to the games to watch the good ol Canadian boys right?

Canadian teams don't need a generational player to sell out the building.
Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal are all sucker cities that support dismal teams.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
A single season isn't multiple. Read harder please. Kucherov also plays on a stacked team that he doesn't have to carry on his back every single night and is 4 years older in his prime.

The second part, I have no idea where you got that from because I never mentioned anything regarding players specifically from Tampa. If anything Tampa has no reason to be even contemplating a McDavid trade since they are already leading the league by a large margin.

All your post does is add further idiocy to an already poor thread.

On the ice TBAY is great. It's the business side that needs McDavid. Remember, pro hockey is a business first, sport second

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Canadian teams don't need a generational player to sell out the building.
Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Montreal are all sucker cities that support dismal teams.

I actually agree with you on this point

On the ice TBAY is great. It's the business side that needs McDavid. Remember, pro hockey is a business first, sport second

This I do not. Since Jeff Vinik took over as Owner Tampa has not really had any issues on the business side. The guy is not only investing in the team but the whole community to build up the Lightning in the city. Spending money to make the arena + the area around the arena and the city as a whole better. Tampa does not need McDavid to help with any of that. They are doing just fine, acquiring him would not make a dent for Tampa's current business. Now if you want to say another "southern" market team, could use the star power sure. But really acquiring Ovechkin would do the same for that same "southern" market team. Where the Star player is born would not make a difference.

Anyways enough off topic, Tampa would not trade for McDavid as it would make the team worse by giving up players that are integral to the current success and any business increase would be minimal right now. Other teams would get the Oilers a better return and in return would be able to reap the benefits of having a NHL star in their city. Just the same as if that star was Ovechkin.

Big Erned Nevergivn

May 29, 2015
Calgary AB
That's ok, because the Oilers wouldn't do that either.

The Flames would be insane not to do that by the way

Gaudreau @ 6.75M = 26G 38A 64P = 9.5 Points/Million Salary

McDavid @ 12.5M = 24G 39A 63P = 5.0 Points/Million Salary

But here is the kicker:

Monahan + Gaudreau @ 13.125 = 49G 69A 118P = 9 Points/Million Salary

Not to mention McDavid gets considerable more ice time than either of the flames.

So the Flames, myself (and I am sure other flames fans) are ok with being "insane"... and a playoff team.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
A single season isn't multiple. Read harder please. Kucherov also plays on a stacked team that he doesn't have to carry on his back every single night and is 4 years older in his prime.

The second part, I have no idea where you got that from because I never mentioned anything regarding players specifically from Tampa. If anything Tampa has no reason to be even contemplating a McDavid trade since they are already leading the league by a large margin.

All your post does is add further idiocy to an already poor thread.

He said “How many players in recent history have/will put up multiple 100+ point seasons?”; Kuch scored 100 last season and is on pace for 135 this season. You are clearly the one demonstrating idiocy and a lack of basic reading comprehension. And given your uncalled-for personal attack and complete lack of intelligent contribution to the discussion I see no reason to waste my time with you. Good riddance.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014

But here is the kicker:

Not to mention McDavid gets considerable more ice time than either of the flames.

So the Flames, myself (and I am sure other flames fans) are ok with being "insane"... and a playoff team.
Yeah.

Insane.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
I actually agree with you on this point

This I do not. Since Jeff Vinik took over as Owner Tampa has not really had any issues on the business side. The guy is not only investing in the team but the whole community to build up the Lightning in the city.

Bruce McNall did the same thing as Vinik - building up the Kings brand by bringing in the best player in the game

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Bruce McNall did the same thing as Vinik - building up the Kings brand by bringing in the best player in the game

Difference here is Gretzky made the Kings better. McDavid would make Tampa worse if they give up Vasilevskiy + Kucherov + Sergachev as you proposed.

Louis Domingue is no NHL starter unless, Koskinen is coming with McDavid. Even then it’s still a downgrade.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Matthews+Gardiner+Zaitsev+Sandin+1st in 2021

Kapanen-McDavid-Nylander
Marleau-Tavares-Marner
Hyman-Kadri-Johnnson
Brown-Lindholm-Ennis

Rielly-Hainsey
Dermott-Oz
Holl-Marincin

Trade for 2 RHD at the trade deadline.

Power play.
McDavid-Tavares-Marner-Kadri-Rielly
Yes please.

That would really be a Stanley cup contender.

i actually wouldnt do that as a leafs fan. we give up two of our top 4 D, a 1st, and top prospect to go from an Elite C putting up a 59g/115pt pace to a guy with a 47g/123pt pace (getting 5 mins more per night)?

no.

rielly-hainsey
dermott-ozhiganov
marincin-holl

thats ugly

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Toronto wouldn't do it. The upgrade from Matthews to McDavid isn't enough to justify the add. This is probably true for any team. But some teams would benefit from the star power. Toronto is not one of those teams. This would have to be a Vegas or Arizona or Carolina type of team.

I get a kick out of the Matthews+roster player + roster player + 1st + 1st + top prospect offers

give matthews 22-23mins a night and he would probably have 45-50pts in 28 games

Reactions: Morinisbear

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Not gonna make a proposal but pose a question. Would Edmonton be a better team if they traded McDavid (assuming it's not Chiarelli making the trade)?

This isn't a dig at McDavid, hes clearly the NHLs best player but because of that and the fact he's the face of the league there are probably some teams (Philly, NYR, LA come to mind) that would overpay for business reasons.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I will trade all of the players except the good ones. Chiarelli will hem and haw but ultimately agree.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
your proposal was pretty awful

Hall would need to be going back, along with hischier + others
pretty awful? Thats not even genuine, at least I offered our teams best young piece lol

Sure, Hall+Hischier+, whatever its not gonna happen anyway but my basis was far more reasonable than someone trying to keep their best young asset while getting Edmonton's

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

But here is the kicker:

The Flames are also likely going to regret not signing Gaudreau for longer just to save a few bucks that so they could spend that money on ... uh ... James Neal. Gaudreau's contract is up in a few years, at least that's something the Oilers don't have to worry about with McDavid for a while.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
A Sedona vortex? Scottsdale? Grand Canyon? I know there's nothing the Coyotes could offer.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
He said “How many players in recent history have/will put up multiple 100+ point seasons?”; Kuch scored 100 last season and is on pace for 135 this season. You are clearly the one demonstrating idiocy and a lack of basic reading comprehension. And given your uncalled-for personal attack and complete lack of intelligent contribution to the discussion I see no reason to waste my time with you. Good riddance.

Again, one season does not demonstrate consideration for multiple. For all we know Kucherov could be injured next game and the sole 100 point year could be a career one.
I also clearly indicated 100+ points meaning MORE THAN 100. Nice dodge by the way regarding the other discrepancies I made on the player...

So before you go spouting off about who actually lacks intelligence here you might want to start basing your poor point of view on facts rather then hope and a prayer along with dropping the straw man attempts that have nothing to do with anything I've ever posted.

Regarding contribution, why would I bother to put in additional effort to a hypothetical anomaly that would never happen? McDavid has been quoted more then once stating that he wants to spend his entire career in Edmonton.

Facts speak louder then a random flawed opinion on the internet. Something you clearly haven't grasped at this point in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad