Value of: Connor Mcdavid trade give your teams best offer...

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
:nucks could offer:

Horvat
Stecher
Sutter
Juolevi
Gadvolich
2020 1st UNPROTECTED
2021 2nd

Then ice this:

Goldobin Pettersson Boeser
Baertchi Mcdavid Virtanen
Roussell Gaudette Eriksson
Clamato Beagle Leivo

Edler Tanev
Hutton Hughes
MDZ Gudbranson

Marky
Demko

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
What’s dumb is thinking that a team whose best player is a top three forward or defenseman in the league has to or would add “several +s” for McDavid. He’s the best player in the league but the gap between him and another elite player is not nearly as large as Edmonton fans fantasize about it being; if that other elite player happens to be several million cheaper then he’s actually more valuable in terms of performance per cap dollar spent.

And what’s really dumb is people making one thread after another about a player they have no interest in trading in the first place, making ridiculous demands of other teams’ fanbases for him, and then getting pissy when those demands are shot down. That’s just pathetic.

Not nearly as large?

How many players in recent history have/will put up multiple 100+ point seasons?

Not sure what you are rambling on about in the second part of your post since I already stated the same opinion.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Not nearly as large?

How many players in recent history have/will put up multiple 100+ point seasons?

Kucherov, for one. And yet we’re supposed to trade him, Vasilevskiy, Sergachev, and a 1st and take back a cap dump for McDavid. Any intelligent, rational person can see how ludicrous that demand is, especially considering we aren’t asking to trade Kuch for McDavid in the first place. The gap between those two players is tiny to begin with and is more than made up for by Kuch being 24% cheaper.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Clueless is thinking a businessman will throw away millions of dollars a year just because a fan defines team success in an intrinsic way

You have posted absolutely nothing of value in this thread and have made repeated ad hominem attacks. At this point I see no value in continuing to interact with you. Have a nice life.

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina

Horvat
Stecher
Sutter
Juolevi
Gadvolich
2020 1st UNPROTECTED
2021 2nd

Then ice this:

Clamato Beagle Leivo

Edler Tanev
Hutton Hughes
MDZ Gudbranson

Marky
Demko

Yeah you aren't gonna get McDavid without giving up Pettersson or Boeser lol

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Don't like the age difference. Think young, like McDavid
Likely Kucherov, Sergachev, Vasily plus 1st for McDavid plus cap dump

I think that might be the first overpayment I’ve read for McDavid.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Kucherov, for one. And yet we’re supposed to trade him, Vasilevskiy, Sergachev, and a 1st and take back a cap dump for McDavid. Any intelligent, rational person can see how ludicrous that demand is, especially considering we aren’t asking to trade Kuch for McDavid in the first place. The gap between those two players is tiny to begin with and is more than made up for by Kuch being 24% cheaper.

Russian players don't sell tickets.
Again, in case you forgot already, owning a hockey team is a business not a hobby

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Russian players don't sell tickets.
Again, in case you forgot already, owning a hockey team is a business not a hobby

Well of course not. They have no time to be in the arena box office, they are too busy entertaining the fans on the ice.

Are you really saying no one ever paid to see guys like Bure, Federov, Datsyuk and obviously Ovechkin just to name a few.

Reactions: Economist

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I’d trade Matthews and Nylander and that’s the most I’d give up. Maybe I would throw in a marlies top line player who would probably be a top 9 player in Edmonton like Bracco

Johnson-McDavid-Marner
Kadri- Tavares-Kapanen

Draisital-Matthews-Nylander
Chiasson- Hopkins-Bracco

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

Horvat
Stecher
Sutter
Juolevi
Gadvolich
2020 1st UNPROTECTED
2021 2nd

Then ice this:

Clamato Beagle Leivo

Edler Tanev
Hutton Hughes
MDZ Gudbranson

Marky
Demko

Boeser + Demko +

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Well of course not. They have no time to be in the arena box office, they are too busy entertaining the fans on the ice.

Are you really saying no one ever paid to see guys like Bure, Federov, Datsyuk and obviously Ovechkin just to name a few.

Fedorov no
Ovechkin no, Capitals attendance didn't rise until they started winning. Ovie was a superstar from the get go, but attendance in his first 2 years were dismal.
Bure, the first season he was in Florida they sold 4000 extra tickets a game, the next year attendance plummeted again. It was just curiosity.

If I were a sunbelt team owner I'd never draft another Russian in the first round. There's no economic benefit to it.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Fedorov no
Ovechkin no, Capitals attendance didn't rise until they started winning. Ovie was a superstar from the get go, but attendance in his first 2 years were dismal.
Bure, the first season he was in Florida they sold 4000 extra tickets a game, the next year attendance plummeted again. It was just curiosity.

If I were a sunbelt team owner I'd never draft another Russian in the first round. There's no economic benefit to it.

Washington Capitals yearly attendance at hockeydb.com

as an older caps fan you couldn't be more wrong. I use to be able to go to games for 10 bucks in the 90s and have entire sections to myself and friends even when the caps were good. Ovi transformed the caps. Before Ovi you would see maybe 10% of fans at the game wearing capitals jerseys. Since Ovi arrived its odd to see people wearing a different players jersey at the game.

Reactions: Phobia Catalyst

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland

Horvat
Stecher
Sutter
Juolevi
Gadvolich
2020 1st UNPROTECTED
2021 2nd

Then ice this:

Clamato Beagle Leivo

Edler Tanev
Hutton Hughes
MDZ Gudbranson

Marky
Demko
I love Pettersson, but why is he the 1st line centre over Mcdavid?

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
How about Boeser, Juolevi, Demko, a 2019 1st and a 2020 1st. I feel that is as steep a price we could pay without completely gutting our prospects and keeping Pettersson. A few things could be added in to sweeten the pot, but that would be the core of the deal.

I question if it is worth it, but a 1-2-3 punch of Mcdavid, Pettersson and Horvat is hard to pass up.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Fedorov no

So this is based solely on attendance?

If so, then no one buys tickets to see Connor McDavid because Edmonton attendance has not even blipped since he joined the team. Why did Edmonton draft him? There has been no economic benefit.

Or wait maybe there are other factors like jerseys sales. I bet there are still Vancouver fans who wear and probably even buy Bure jerseys. In a Detroit arena I have seen many Frederov and Datsyuk jerseys when they do crowd shots. Washington has huge amounts of Ovi jerseys probably on par with Edmonton with McDavid but sure those fans went to the games to watch the good ol Canadian boys right?

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Horvat + Boeser + Juolevi + picks would probably be enough to keep Edmonton on the phone if they made McDavid available
I think so but probably just a starting point. I'm not sure Juolevi has a ton of value.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017

A single season isn't multiple. Read harder please. Kucherov also plays on a stacked team that he doesn't have to carry on his back every single night and is 4 years older in his prime.

The second part, I have no idea where you got that from because I never mentioned anything regarding players specifically from Tampa. If anything Tampa has no reason to be even contemplating a McDavid trade since they are already leading the league by a large margin.

All your post does is add further idiocy to an already poor thread.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad