Value of: Connor Mcdavid trade give your teams best offer...

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
You know, if you used a period or two it would allow everyone to break down the numerous ridiculous statements instead of sifting through a giant steaming pile of ignorance.

McDavid was on his ELC at age 18. He is also worth every penny he is paid. As for taking a discount to help his team, get back to me when we see what Tkachuk signs for. We'll see how that plays out.

It's great for you guys that your top line is rolling, but there's a difference between riding a heater and doing it every year. We heard the Colorado folk earlier in the year when Rantanen was leading the league, we have Calgary fans chirping now, we'll see whose leading the league in scoring after 82 games.
You’re directing this at the wrong person, I’m a Habs fan, when I opened this account I happened to be living in Calgary (now in Ottawa).

I still think McDavid should have waited another season to see what Chiarelli did and it was hardly a discount it was pocket change. I just feel it’s a waste of his talent playing for the Oilers where he’ll never win a SC, bit like Price will never win a SC and it’s a shame

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
I try to avoid these because they are pointless and full of unreasonable offers. That being said, op can eat a sock.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
2 7ths, cap dump contracts, and a chilled pastrami sandwich for mcdavid and Edmontons next 11 unprotected firsts. That pastrami sandwich won't stay chill forever...

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Test this one in value of instead of speculation.

in fantasy Connor Mcdavid wants out and is on the table.You are your club General Manager now and have your chance to get him.Give your team best offer.

Only serious suggestions accepted and please think careful before you make an offer.

And remember the ones to give an realistic offer is given a big amount of respect!

Almost no trade is worth giving up McDavid. That is the person as a GM you would want to build a team around. Any team should trade whatever it takes to get a player like that. I know no amount of players I would of taken for Mario and the same for Crosby.

The only time I saw one of these deals worth it for the team trading generational player young was Lindros deal and one of the prospects given was Forsberg. Even with the boatload of picks, prospects, and NHL talent given in that deal the Flyers still went to the Cup finals with him. If not for the concussion this still would of been a win win trade.

Bottom line is the Oilers would be stupid to trade McDavid and the only thing they need to do is get a GM that can build a team around him.

If the Oilers did trade McDavid think Lindros deal compensation.

I didn’t attempt to put an offer for the Pens because none would make sense for the Oilers. To get him it would take several 1st round picks, a couple top end prospects, and some top tier NHL players that are 24 or younger.

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I get a kick out of the Matthews+roster player + roster player + 1st + 1st + top prospect offers

give matthews 22-23mins a night and he would probably have 45-50pts in 28 games
Give McDavid Matthews line mate he probably have 80 points already

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
To Philly: McDavid (50% retained)

To Edm: Wayne Simmonds
Flyers 6th round pick
Andrew MacDonald and Jori Lehtera (for cap purposes)

Parents this is what happens when you let kids use your computer unattended . Please monitor your kids on the computer .

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I’d trade Matthews and Nylander and that’s the most I’d give up. Maybe I would throw in a marlies top line player who would probably be a top 9 player in Edmonton like Bracco

Johnson-McDavid-Marner
Kadri- Tavares-Kapanen

Draisital-Matthews-Nylander
Chiasson- Hopkins-Bracco
Why would the Oilers take a significant downgrade in Matthews and an overpaid one-dimensional player in Nylander for McDavid?

Brutal offer.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
It's pretty hard to do a kind of Lindros trade in the NHL today. Can't think of the last trade a team paid a king's ransom for the better player. Oilers prob lose no matter what happens, just look at the return Karlsson got, or Pronger in 2006. Both different circumstances, but it would be difficult to move the biggest cap hit ever and get equal value.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Why would the Oilers take a significant downgrade in Matthews and an overpaid one-dimensional player in Nylander for McDavid?

Brutal offer.

The Leafs would be the best team in the world if we did that trade. Upgrade Matthews to McDavid and save some capspace to re-sign players better than Nylander like Kapanen or Gardiner. It remains to be seen if Nylander is a poor man's Jordan Eberle or perennial 60+ point scorer, his stock is plummeting though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad