Prospect Info: Connor McDavid: The Thread - McUsernames for everyone!

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
I will stick to the.................???

"It is not the first time the Oilers have brought a potential first-round draft pick to Edmonton in advance of draft day. In 2010, they brought winger Taylor Hall and centre Tyler Seguin to town on the same spring day to meet the media, eventually picking Hall first overall."

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...uts+Oilers+Edmonton+rinks/11136210/story.html

I will still stick to the fact that they came separately with their own families and agents.

Remember, Katz has his own plane.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I disagree.

I don't think he's making the point about Gretzky's shot being bad. It's about goalies and their significant improvement. Watch that video again, and try and imagine a goalie today in those situations.

1. They have bigger pads.
2. They're not horrible and flail around without purpose
3. They understand how to track shots and are able to stop a slap shot from the point or half boards
4. Shots are much harder and faster these days and due to that, goalies are trained to better handle a shot that you'd likely see in the 80s.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I will still stick to the fact that they came separately with their own families and agents.

Remember, Katz has his own plane.

I'm pretty sure they came seperatly. Back then I went to the bars a lot and met Seguin at oil city, Hall wasn't there or rumored to be there. Although was in town a bit before

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
I don't think he's making the point about Gretzky's shot being bad. It's about goalies and their significant improvement. Watch that video again, and try and imagine a goalie today in those situations.

1. They have bigger pads.
2. They're not horrible and flail around without purpose
3. They understand how to track shots and are able to stop a slap shot from the point or half boards
4. Shots are much harder and faster these days and due to that, goalies are trained to better handle a shot that you'd likely see in the 80s.

Sticks are very different than they were in the 80s. People don't take slapshots like Gretzky did anymore because they don't have to.

Gretzky's shot was almost always placed just over the pad or in the top corner.

He'd do just fine in today's NHL, big goalies and all.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
In honor of McDavid and the draft I just bought a new jersey, (70 bucks at Jersey City) and although I can't get the name and number on until after the draft they quoted me 110 bucks and 3 weeks away. Does anybody have a better quote to compare it to?

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
"It is not the first time the Oilers have brought a potential first-round draft pick to Edmonton in advance of draft day. In 2010, they brought winger Taylor Hall and centre Tyler Seguin to town on the same spring day to meet the media, eventually picking Hall first overall."

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...uts+Oilers+Edmonton+rinks/11136210/story.html
Before clicking the link I knew it was Matheson, haha.

Hall visited on June 10: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=531500

Seguin on June 17:

Following the footsteps of Taylor Hall last Thursday, Tyler Seguin paid a visit to the City of Champions today. After lunch and a meet-and-greet with Oilers staff, Seguin toured Rexall Place, visited the Oilers dressing room and underwent a short physical in the team’s medical room.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=531981

Last edited:

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
McDavid is so much better than the rest of his draft mates, that there is literally ZERO discussion about who we take. It's sad and awesome at the same time. Sad, in the fact that we have nothing to talk about on the matter :(

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
McDavid is so much better than the rest of his draft mates, that there is literally ZERO discussion about who we take. It's sad and awesome at the same time. Sad, in the fact that we have nothing to talk about on the matter :(

Eichel > McDavid.

Didn't you see the combine? Plus, McDavid couldn't do what Eichel did in the NCAA. This one's easy, you're right. We take Eichel.

(There you go.)

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014

Here's something to discuss, I've got a blank jersey that is going to have McDavid's name and # on it in time for the draft if I have to do it myself.

Suggestions?

I'm thinking white stick tape with black tape for an outline. Although it'll probably leave adhesive crap on it.

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
No, if he were to pull a Lindros, he would first have needed to have refused to sign with Erie.

Thus too late....he can't pull a Lindros ;)

And he would have to have a father like Carl Lindros. Fortunately his father, Brian McDavid, is pretty stand up dude.

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
Great article about Connor and his hard work off the ice trying to be the best he can be.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2015/06/13/connor-mcdavid-head-of-his-class.html

I wish I had even a fraction of the drive this kid has when I was his age. It is just ridiculous and inspiring. We as Oiler fans are so lucky to have a kid this special coming to play for us.

Since I'm getting a little to sappy about it I'll have to add a big old "Suck it" Calgary and Toronto!!!!

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Great article about Connor and his hard work off the ice trying to be the best he can be.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2015/06/13/connor-mcdavid-head-of-his-class.html

I wish I had even a fraction of the drive this kid has when I was his age. It is just ridiculous and inspiring. We as Oiler fans are so lucky to have a kid this special coming to play for us.

Since I'm getting a little to sappy about it I'll have to add a big old "Suck it" Calgary and Toronto!!!!

Awesome. You can tell he's a smart kid. Probably why he seems so quiet compared to all of the boisterous kids you come across.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
i haven't bought a jersey in a while, but i'm gonna buy a 97

Why would you get the jersey of a player who has an awful shot and no cycle game to speak of? :p:

I haven't bought a jersey of any kind in a long while but I'm getting my McDavid jersey the moment it becomes available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad