Prospect Info: Connor McDavid: The Thread - McUsernames for everyone!

McspOiler

Feb 27, 2012
Victoria, BC
In honor of McDavid and the draft I just bought a new jersey, (70 bucks at Jersey City) and although I can't get the name and number on until after the draft they quoted me 110 bucks and 3 weeks away. Does anybody have a better quote to compare it to?
I'm in victoria got my jersey for $87 (stupid pst) but they gave me a 10% off card for when I come to get the name and quoted me $75 for the name after the discount.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I'm in victoria got my jersey for $87 (stupid pst) but they gave me a 10% off card for when I come to get the name and quoted me $75 for the name after the discount.

Is the name stuff done in store?

Where i bought said they'd ship it to Winnipeg and it'd take 3 weeks, not a big deal I guess, probably wouldn't wear it after the draft until preseason

Last edited:

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Why would you get the jersey of a player who has an awful shot and no cycle game to speak of? :p:

I haven't bought a jersey of any kind in a long while but I'm getting my McDavid jersey the moment it becomes available.

heh, oh i think he's gonna be a special player, but i also live in reality where no player is perfect and they all have aspects of their game to work on.... mcdavid is no different

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I sure hope McDavid can live up to all the hype - if he does, wow.

The two second advantage. That is crazy and true. The thing about Crosby and Lindross for that matter, they never saw the play ahead of time like McDavid does. They had amazing other abilities, but McDavid really does remind you of Gretz, which is just insane to say.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The two second advantage. That is crazy and true. The thing about Crosby and Lindross for that matter, they never saw the play ahead of time like McDavid does. They had amazing other abilities, but McDavid really does remind you of Gretz, which is just insane to say.

And his skating, oh man his skating.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
If I had to rate his skating out of 5 I'd probably give him a 5. Wait that's not enough. I'd give him 6/6. Wait no. 6 out...wait for it...5!

6/5

I can't remember who wrote it, I think it was Staples, describing McDavid as Bobby Orr as a center. It's impossible to not be excited. This will do things for the franchise that might even surpass our hopes.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
In honor of McDavid and the draft I just bought a new jersey, (70 bucks at Jersey City) and although I can't get the name and number on until after the draft they quoted me 110 bucks and 3 weeks away. Does anybody have a better quote to compare it to?

Elite Sportswear is promising to do them for $100. They are the company that does the cresting if you take your jersey to the Oilers store.

Shortly after the draft lottery I took my jersey to the Oilers store. They quoted $100 plus the clerk insisted upon a dry cleaning receipt. I had just washed my jersey so I wasn't going to drop the cash on getting it dry cleaned. It was a random weekday I had off so I went to Elite which is only open M-F 8:30 to 5:30, which is difficult for me to get to a store because of my job. At the store they said they would add my jersey to the pile until McJebus was drafted. They never mentioned anything about getting the jersey dry cleaned.

Then I got a call a few weeks ago that I had to pick my jersey up and drop it off again once he was drafted. If they had told me that when I originally dropped it off I might have gone back. Saving $10 isn't worth a couple extra trips and the hassle for me to get there during limited opening hours. If you can make it there when they are open it might be worth it to save $10. I'll just go to Jersey City during mall hours and be done with it.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I know this might be a dumb question but if I walk into Rexall Place with a knockoff Oilers McDavid jersey, could I get in trouble?

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
I know this might be a dumb question but if I walk into Rexall Place with a knockoff Oilers McDavid jersey, could I get in trouble?

If its a good knockoff nobody will ever know.

If its a bad knockoff, you should shoot yourself for looking like a *********.

lol

:laugh:

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
Dumb question but..............???

Dumb question but has McDavid said what number he is going to wear?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad