Prospect Info: Connor McDavid: The Thread - McUsernames for everyone!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The wait until the draft is killing me. I know this is the calm before the storm in terms of action, but I could sure use some rumors or something to hold me over.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
has connor visited edmonton and stayed with katz yet?

i have tried to stay out of the loop on purpose!
has eichel been here yet?

do they stay with katz or just visit the house? kind of creepy if they stay with the guy.

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
has connor visited edmonton and stayed with katz yet?

i have tried to stay out of the loop on purpose!
has eichel been here yet?

do they stay with katz or just visit the house? kind of creepy if they stay with the guy.

McDavid was in Edmonton this weekend. Toured the arena with Nicholson but left on the same day.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
His skating is just on another level. It actually reminds me a bit of gretz to, gretz wasnt' as fast, but he could also dart from side to side like McDavid.

Agreed! One thing I have not seen since Gretz was how amazing Gretz could fake any shot at anytime from anywhere! Nobody could fake a shot like Gretz.

McDavid does possess Gretz' vision tho.. along with his many gears of speed, vision, stick handling, creativity.. are all elite.. modern Gretz like elite.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Connor McDavid seems a lot of Pavel Bure IMO, plays the game so fast. I hope our current stars can keep with him.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Connor McDavid seems a lot of Pavel Bure IMO, plays the game so fast. I hope our current stars can keep with him.

Skating maybe, though he isn't as fast in a striaght line as Bure, more of a Bobby Orr, Fedorov or Coffey skater really. Shifting gears up the ice, not so much great flat out speed in a straight line. Any way, I don't really see Bure other than they both are great skaters no doubt.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

His most likely linemates, imo, are Hall and Yak, and I don't see either having an issue. Hall, when healthy, is the fastest skater in the league, so he shouldn't have any issue keeping up with him going up the ice. Yak on the other hand doesn't need to keep up with him ever. He just needs to know where to go to be able to get a shot off when McDavid feeds it to him

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
In a piece on Burakovsky, he talked a bit about McDavid (they played together in Erie).

Link in Swedish
http://www.expressen.se/kvp/sport/dags-att-hockeyn-far-en-konung-har-i-stan/

Excerpts for anyone interested:

André Burakovsky cannot really see any major obstacles in his (future). He wants to be the best. He got a lot of push and inspiration from one of his former team mates in ..., Connor McDavid, when in Erie ... . One who is expected to become one of the greatest hockey players in the world.

- He is extremely good. A fantastic player, great person and so humble. He is already huge in Canada. When we were on road trips everyone knew who he was and we couldn't go to a resturant without the owner asking for an autograph.

- We have pushed and inspired each other a lot. We normally stayed after practice to train more and I think it was useful for the both of us. We also played together for half a season and it went really well. We are very good friends and we keep in contact.

- I think he has a great possibilty to become the worlds best player... If I don't become it first.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Skating maybe, though he isn't as fast in a striaght line as Bure, more of a Bobby Orr, Fedorov or Coffey skater really. Shifting gears up the ice, not so much great flat out speed in a straight line. Any way, I don't really see Bure other than they both are great skaters no doubt.

From my limited viewings of McDavid, I would say that the player he reminds me most of (moreso than Gretz or Crosby) is Fedorov.

Which is not a slight by any means. Fedorov might be one of the greatest overall skaters in the history of the NHL.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He reminds me more of Bure. Explosive stride.

Fedorov was more of a smooth stride (ditto for Coffey).

But McDavid and Bure are more just about pure explosion.

Quinteoilers

Jan 7, 2012
The one scouting report I read, discribed McDavid's skating as dimensional. Same speed, forward/backward/side to side!

Nuge and McDavid will be crazy good on the PP cycling and setting Yak/Hall/or Eberle up!

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Hockey players are not very good at nicknames....he'll probably get call Connie.

Connie McD.

I can already hear Hall yelling...CONNIE!!, CONNIE!! waiting for the one timer..

or Conzy, everyone gets a zy tacked onto their name

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Pretty funny how we all still can't find a nickname for McDavid that will stick or that the majority like. I think the 'Mc'nicknames are too hard to come up with a good one. Look at many of the great player's nicknames.. they have nothing to do with their actual names.. like The Great One, The Magnificent One, The Russian Rocket, etc.

Dakinjor

Nov 13, 2014
Pretty funny how we all still can't find a nickname for McDavid that will stick or that the majority like. I think the 'Mc'nicknames are too hard to come up with a good one. Look at many of the great player's nicknames.. they have nothing to do with their actual names.. like The Great One, The Magnificent One, The Russian Rocket, etc.
So your saying it need to be "The Mc(something) ":sarcasm:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I like the name Omega . Gretzky was Alpha (beginning) and Mcdavid is Omega (the end) . Plus he's a mega talent

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
end of what? :amazed:

The end of the losing :laugh:
Gretzky was the beginning of the winning. Then we went through a period of mediocrity and we are currently at the bottom of the barrel. It's time for McDavid to end this drought. He's the omega :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad