Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
This poor kid has the fewest power play points out of anyone in top ten scoring.
If we had even a semblance of an operational powerplay the first half of the season, he'd be running away with another scoring trophy.
I don't know how our brass sleep at night.

Couldn't agree more. The other 9 guys in the top-10 in scoring have an average of 24 PPP. McDavid has 14. If he even had the average amount, he would have 10 more points right now, for a total of 73, and a 5 point lead in the scoring title. The 2nd worst PP% in the league has a very good chance of robbing McDavid of his 2nd Art Ross.

Our PP/PK is also going to be reason we miss the playoffs. We are league average for 5on5 GF (16th) and 5on5 GA (17th). But our PP is 2nd last and our PK is dead last. But yet Woodcroft miraculously somehow still has a job, lol.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Who is to blame for that though? If McDavid wanted PP points, he shoulda done a better job setting up that career 4th liner the PP was designed around for the first 50 games.

Yeah, turning Letestu into a PP threat TWO years in a row isn't too much to ask is it? Jeez. Still causes me physical pain to think how stupid our coaches are, and even more painful, how UNBELIEVABLY stubborn they are. Can't be fired fast enough.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I feel like if they threw the PP out and just let them play they would instantly start scoring. Like some good with a clipboard is better versed at telling Connor how to score when the other team has one less player!

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
the only thing we have to live for as oiler fans is McDavid somehow winning the Art Ross.
you know how bad it would suck for us if jonny hockey won the friggin thing?

I'd suck up this year of a garbage team if McDavid can beat Gaudreau in points.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Appears McDavid has checked out. Could be that he is so competitive he is gunning for last to get a good draft pick. As captain he sure isn't leading by example.

They give him 100 million bucks for 8 years of effort and he already is coasting.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Appears McDavid has checked out. Could be that he is so competitive he is gunning for last to get a good draft pick. As captain he sure isn't leading by example.

They give him 100 million bucks for 8 years of effort and he already is coasting.

Well, I suggest that you pick another team.

If you feel that McDavid is a problem, with everything else that's happened this season, you should probably pick a different team. He's not going anywhere.

McDavid and Nurse are the only positives this season.

Reactions: TB12

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Well, I suggest that you pick another team.

If you feel that McDavid is a problem, with everything else that's happened this season, you should probably pick a different team.

McDavid and Nurse are the only positives this season.
Not talking about the season I am talking about how he seems to have checked out.

Guess I cannot speak badly of McDavid.

Sorry to have hurt your feelings.

Reactions: mouz135 and Jamin

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Look at the team around him. Complete garbage. A good chunk of the forwards haven't scored in 10+ games. He can only do so much with a porous team.

People need to stop thinking of McDavid like he's the omega. A bad team can drag down even the best of players.

Swap him and Crosby and Crosby does no better.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Look at the team around him. Complete garbage. A good chunk of the forwards haven't scored in 10+ games. He can only do so much with a porous team.

People need to stop thinking of McDavid like he's the omega. A bad team can drag down even the best of players.

Swap him and Crosby and Crosby does no better.

Yes. Same team is dragging down all the other players but they all get ragged on continuously.

McDavid should not be above criticism. He is the leader.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Or maybe instead of having checked out as you say? He’s had a bad game or two.

Jesus Christ lol

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Or maybe instead of having checked out as you say? He’s had a bad game or two.

Jesus Christ lol
He is not Jesus Christ lolly pop.

He has had substantially more than 2 what I would call bad McDavid games.

It's like people don't remember how good he can be when he is fully on. A bad game for McDavid looks like others regular game.

That is all I will leave it alone.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Ok one more.

All I have left this season is McDavid to out score everybody in the league. Give me reasons to enjoy games. I watch almost every Oilers game and always have.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He is not Jesus Christ lolly pop.

He has had substantially more than 2 what I would call bad McDavid games.

It's like people don't remember how good he can be when he is fully on. A bad game for McDavid looks like others regular game.

That is all I will leave it alone.

16 points in the 10 games previous to these two poor ones.

And you think he’s checked out.

You’re right of course that no one is above criticism. But there is a difference between criticism and nonsense.

Reactions: Aerrol

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Not talking about the season I am talking about how he seems to have checked out.

It's true, you can see at times he's kind of checked out. I know he's supposed to be the leader but at this point of the season it's hard to blame him too much. This is why it is VITAL for there to be changes and vast improvement of the team this summer. We CANNOT have a repeat of this season. Patience may be the best way but I really fear we have a chance of having Connor just absolutely fed up and asking for a trade should this year repeat itself next season.... and perhaps the following one.

He needs much better support (both skill/speed and veteran presence) upfront. He had been developing some bad habits since at least last season partly because I think there's too much pressure and too little overall support around him offensively. Floating, cheating or offence. His fly bys are really bad sometimes (it's a way of cheating because you HOPE the puck bounces your teams way or let someone else take care of the opposing player with the puck instead of stopping... you also save energy by not stopping and starting).

In any case, chia needs to bring in quality vets who can still play a good game. This team has poor leadership and is very mentally weak. I honestly think they overachieved last year because maybe there was good optimism in the room with Hall gone... got off to a good start, rode the positive wave and vibes of the city/fans /themselves etc, got some good luck and played above their heads. It shows you how important intangible things like that can be to success of a team. They got off to a crummy start this year... some locker room issues, fans/media got on them, they started not to believe in themselves and maybe realized they overachieved and consequently played maybe even a bit below their capabilities. Team needs a big shake up. Last time it was addition by subtraction with hall... this time it needs to be something else....

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Heh it only took 3 years to break McDavid... Took alot longer to break Hall.

Time to trade away McDavid since he will become a cancer in the room.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

He sure checked out this afternoon!

Yes, McDavid should not be exempt from criticism, but saying that he checked out is nonsense.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nice to see him looking to score more often of late. It seems like since the All Star game he has really ramped up his goal scoring.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
11 goals in 9 games in February for Connor. In that time he has averaged 3.78 shots/game, prior to February he was averaging 3.12 shots/game.

Reactions: Aerrol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad