Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
There's a video floating around of a few guys/teens mocking Connor and his mom and dad coming out of dinner in Edmonton about the recent losses.

I don't understand that kind of disrespect or stupidity, but considering he's the one of the only good things around this organization, you'd think these morons would actually consider what they were doing here. So dumb.

Found it:

These guys aren't Oilers fans or even hockey fans. Just losers.

Reactions: VainGretzky

OfCorsiDid

Ah shit, here we go again
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Me: This season has been terrible, I can’t imagine it getting any worse.

(This happens)

Narrator: It got worse.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
It was just a matter of time before the 16-25 y.o. shitposters on twitter and sites like these, got brave and stupid enough to record themselves being the absolute garbage that they are. Guessing they’re not from a traditional hockey background.

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
There's a video floating around of a few guys/teens mocking Connor and his mom and dad coming out of dinner in Edmonton about the recent losses.

I don't understand that kind of disrespect or stupidity, but considering he's the one of the only good things around this organization, you'd think these morons would actually consider what they were doing here. So dumb.

Found it:

I believe Wallahi means “I swear to Allah”.
No commentary.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Those idiots recorded it on snapchat, some people already know who they are and they'll get reamed out hard for it. Hopefully Connor realizes it's just a bunch of stupid kids that just wanted there 15 seconds on social media.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
By the way, the Fez Hussain name attached to that video isn't one of the guys in the video (just in case anybody on here want to go on the attack). He's the guy who posted it on one of the Oiler facebook accounts where I initially found the video, calling these guys out for their dumb act. Also, not me - I wish my name was fez. I would have leaned hard on That 70s Show character in high school if so.

Want to make that clear!!

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
What filmed that, a hyena?

That laugh should be easily identifiable from those that know him.

Poor Connor, what a terrible experience for him to have to go through, with his parents no less. Thankfully he realises these guys are the exception and not the norm.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
McDavid is 5 points behind Kucherov now. Let’s say he passes him and wins the Art Ross again, for the NHL historians here, has a player ever won the Art Ross the same year his team has finished so low in the standings? The quick browse I had of the winners since the late 70s all seemed to be on a playoff bound team.

Reactions: Aerrol

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
McDavid is 5 points behind Kucherov now. Let’s say he passes him and wins the Art Ross again, for the NHL historians here, has a player ever won the Art Ross the same year his team has finished so low in the standings? The quick browse I had of the winners since the late 70s all seemed to be on a playoff bound team.

I think there would have been a couple in the 1980's but you know, Gretzky.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Benn won when his team missed the playoffs

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
2001-02: Jarome Iginla (Flames, 22nd overall)
2012-13: Martin St. Louis (Lightning, 28th)
2014-15: Jamie Benn (Stars, 19th)

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I'd be willing to bet that none of those kids are currently the best hockey player on the planet right now.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Didn’t realize mcDavid had such few PP points. Everyone around him in the scoring race have double the amount. If he was right there with them he’d be well ahead in first. Stupid crappy PP lol

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Didn’t realize mcDavid had such few PP points. Everyone around him in the scoring race have double the amount. If he was right there with them he’d be well ahead in first. Stupid crappy PP lol

He would be pretty close to 100 points by now if we had a PP even remotely close to last season

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Wonder if his time with Lucic these last 2 months helped this number. Constantly glued to 1 useless player that can never carry the puck himself.

Anyways, this stat is nuts.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
90th in PP points. I've said it before and I'll say it again, our coaching staff may well cost him an Art Ross.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
It's sad to see his talent go waste, he has more points and scoring chances at ES than he did last year. He could score 120+ points in a good team with good powerplay. Easily the best offensive player in the league flying under the radar.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
The fact that there is more priority given to get Lucic scoring than anything else will cost McD the Art. He's 6 points back now, and Kuch has a game in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad