Player Discussion Connor McDavid Part VI: Hart, Ross and Lindsay Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I was gonna call him Connie McSmythe, but I didn't want to be too presumptuous. :sarcasm:

But also... Crosby. I don't believe the Lindsay is a slam dunk.
I agree McDavid does not have the Lindsay attitude :sarcasm:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I really don't see why Crosby is even considered a big threat for the Hart this year.

I mean sure he had a good year but even after taking McDavid out of the equation entirely to remove any bias... I would give the Hart nod to any of Burns/Karlsson/Marchand over Crosby this year. That's not even including the best goalies this year like Bobrovsky who also had a great season.

As it is though... the 3 finalists should be Burns/Bobrovsky/McDavid... the 3 best players at each of the positions... D/G/F.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I was gonna call him Connie McSmythe, but I didn't want to be too presumptuous. :sarcasm:

But also... Crosby. I don't believe the Lindsay is a slam dunk.

Actually, I trust the players to chose the MVP more than I do the media.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Art Ross. It is Art Ross. Art. Ross.

giphy.gif

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Connor McDavid surges to front of Hart Trophy race:
https://www.nhl.com/news/oilers-cap...in-hart-trophy-race/c-288662726?tid=277729400

Thank god the Eastern Media Bias won't deny him his rightful trophy. Now for NHL players to give him his rightful Lyndsey Trophy as well!

I have to assume the only other choice was Bobrovski, but even that's not a good call.

He's so clearly the MVP it's stupid.

Edit: Seriously, how to do you vote for Crosby over McDavid, you can Barely justify Crosby over Bobrovski. You shouldn't get credit for awards because of familiarity.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
it seems like a lot of the eastern media says McDavid should run away with the Hart. There are some saying Bobrovsky but it doesn't seem like a lot.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I really don't see why Crosby is even considered a big threat for the Hart this year.

I mean sure he had a good year but even after taking McDavid out of the equation entirely to remove any bias... I would give the Hart nod to any of Burns/Karlsson/Marchand over Crosby this year. That's not even including the best goalies this year like Bobrovsky who also had a great season.

As it is though... the 3 finalists should be Burns/Bobrovsky/McDavid... the 3 best players at each of the positions... D/G/F.

Because for the longest time Crosby had the best points per game. That's it. Voters are morons and have demonstrated it time and time again. Our species is not very smart.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Connor was a massive part of one of the biggest point turnarounds in NHL history.
If he doesn't win the Hart it will just show how far most eastern media guys have the heads up each others..........

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Connor was a massive part of one of the biggest point turnarounds in NHL history.
If he doesn't win the Hart it will just show how far most eastern media guys have the heads up each others..........

Not that I disagree with McDavid's value to the team, but I doubt the Oiler turnaround is even top 10 in NHL history.

Grey Poupon*

Cashmere Thoughts
Nov 25, 2016
Charlestown, MA
Found these excerpts (from the past 24 hrs) in the Jets forum:

I wouldn't trade Laine for anybody! Just became my new favourite player in the league, not even for McDavid alone, or McDavid and Draisaitl.

Also, don't think Eichel wants out of Buffalo, he just was disappointed in the season. Will be in Buffalo for a very long time.
I think Eichel will be a top5 player in the league.

But that is not enough return for Laine.

I wonder if we were all this delusional during the H.O.P.E. era before McDavid's arrival.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Which 3? If you mean Hart, Ross, Lindsay, then I'd say the Richard is also just as big, so it's a big 4. And I do think he'll win 3 of the Big 4.

I personally consider the Richard a tier below the other 3 in value. Goals in isolation doesn't seem to be a big deal to me compared to Points, MVP, and Most Outstanding.

(And I'd be saying that if McDavid wasn't a factor :P)

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Hart and Art Ross are now somehow fuel for the Oilers bening awfully lucky. Awful and lucky.

The narrative that the Oilers actually helped McDavid get this far has been permanently sidelined.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
yeah, a 33 point improvement has to be top-20 for sure you would think

Maybe top 20. I doubt top 10.

Actually wouldn't be too difficult to check. Find the teams on hockeydb, look at their yearly point totals.

The Nordiques, Sharks, and Penguins all had huge improvements at points. Even the Avs coming out of the lockout year had a massive improvement. The Hurricanes when they won the Cup. That's 5 off the top of my head that were likely bigger, but who knows. Maybe there are less than I think. Would be interesting to look into.

If you removed all of the early expansion team improvements then they might be top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->