Not open for further replies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Derek Ryan about to step the f*** up.

He can do anything he sets his mind to.
giphy.gif

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I know these things are imposisble to predict, but Jesus Holland really has made a mess with this cap. Wow

sigh Kenny boy. You’ve certainly made this interesting. And not in a good way…
Yep, short roster because of cap and guys are sick and Holloway may be injured from an AHL game, the karma is just, insane lol

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Line is scary today without Kane. Hopefully he isn't out long term
Yeah... as yall know I was expecting to see my favourite oil today play. And now this. Thanks... thanks a lot *with my costanza seinfeld voice*......

Tell me when yall know whas happening with the kane? Flu maybe......?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’ve always felt that some fans downplay the effects of an illness running through the locker room. Without fail, whenever there has been the flu or whatever going through the room, the team looks off and drops points.

It’s exacerbated right now by running a shortened roster but it’s not like the two guys that were sent down would make a difference right now (Desharnais since he’s one of the players who is too sick to play and Holloway since he wasn’t getting any minutes anyhow).

I’d be happy with a point today but also wouldn’t be shocked if they lost. Weird having them fly out for a random matinee like this in the middle of these struggles to boot
Playing in a winter city its always going to be more of a challenge as infectious illnesses kick harder in such cities with more people in indoor environments where they can contract. Its just part of the business and life of living in a Winter city like Edmonton and always has been. People get sick at this time of year. Its an added challenge on top of all the travel challenges of living and playing from Edmonton. Even the best team in the history of hockey in the 80's weren't nabbing first place or presidents trophy every year because its harder to do. The demands on a team playing in Edmonton are greater. Just what it is geographically and epidemiologically.

Seems like the schedule makers don't make it any easier either.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Ugly lineup when Kane and Kostin arent in

Sure glad we still have JP!

Ken Holland has Legendary Patience TM !!!!!!

Due to this we will play short handed 36 hours after our last short handed game while half the team has the flu and ran out of gas last game vs the Rangers already.

Ken Holland - Your $5 Million Per Year man - HARD at work!!!! :thumbu:

Can’t wait to see 60 straight minutes of Shit For Brains coaching the 150 foot long pass into traffic followed by a weak wide 1 - 2 - 2 forecheck on top of this.

But we still win 6-4 haha.

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
Ken Holland has Legendary Patience TM !!!!!!

Due to this we will play short handed 36 hours after our last short handed game while half the team has the flu and ran out of gas last game vs the Rangers already.

Ken Holland - Your $5 Million Per Year man - HARD at work!!!! :thumbu:

Can’t wait to see 60 straight minutes of Shit For Brains coaching the 150 foot long pass into traffic followed by a weak wide 1 - 2 - 2 forecheck on top of this.

But we still win 6-4 haha.
ITS STILL 2 WEEKS TIL THE TDL. KENNY MONEY HAS TIME!!! /S

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TGOSnipes99

Feb 5, 2023
No Kostin and no Kane. No Big D I think?

We got Shore though

Avs are about to bend us over and get that KY Jelly out

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
LOOK AT THAT TOP LINE LOL.
Haven't been following the thread. What happened to Kane?

In anycase loading up McD, Hyman, Nuge wasn't working and king of just removed the tenacity and impact each of those players can have apart. The eggs all in one box approach doesn't work either and it does really severely impact the other lines when we do it.

I can see a 3pt game taking place here and benefits both clubs.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Line is scary today without Kane. Hopefully he isn't out long term
Kane was really bad the last couple games. Not sure if the wrist is aggravated from coming back too early or from the fight (bad idea) but he hasn't been able to even handle a puck the last couple games and has looked really off. maybe sick, maybe something else.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Kane was really bad the last couple games. Not sure if the wrist is aggravated from coming back too early or from the fight (bad idea) but he hasn't been able to even handle a puck the last couple games and has looked really off. maybe sick, maybe something else.
They say it’s an upper body injury so probably tweaked his wrist or something like you said.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I think shoulder, fighting is hard on shoulders. He hasnt laid a hit in a few games either, so thats why I think shoulder

Reactions: Drivesaitl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad