GDT: Connor McDavid and the Avalanche Past Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Just got back from seeing Avatar 2. It was kinda disappointing tbh. I expect more of the same tomorrow. Its late now but I feel like making the GDT for some reason. This game starts stupid early and making a pre game thread is utterly pointless... So here we go.

An Avalanche is coming and no Karlsson, or Chychrun, or P. Kane is coming to rescue us. Not yet anyway. Therefore:
harrison-ford-we-are-going-to-die.gif

Enjoy! (or not.)

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Home matinee + Avalanche = bad loss

Now watch us win 6-0 lol
It's actually an away game. Gary has us on another brilliant one game road trip, then hustle back to play Philly, then hit the road again. Outstanding schedule making. Anyhow, the boys need to pick it up. Enough talent on this team without acquisitions to be much higher in the standings than they are. Time to put on their big boy pants, tough part of the schedule is here.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Makar took another blow to the noggin and didn't return during the third period. Marchenko was trying to get around him and essentially punched him in the head. With his recent head traumas the last couple weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd a late scratch tomorrow morning.

• Wow
Reactions: Ginger Papa

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Makar took another blow to the noggin and didn't return during the third period. Marchenko was trying to get around him and essentially punched him in the head. With his recent head traumas the last couple weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd a late scratch tomorrow morning.
Hate to hear that. The kid is a fantastic player and appears to be a real good person. I hope he gets through this ok.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Hate to hear that. The kid is a fantastic player and appears to be a real good person. I hope he gets through this ok.

I'm mistaken, he did return late in the third. But then again, he returned in the game where Jeff Carter hit him and didn't play following. Heads are tricksy.

• Wow

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Team is hit hard by the flu bug. PK is miserable. D have forgotten how to D again and can’t make a 5 foot pass. Idiot coach has us playing the long chip and chase again which is utterly useless. Goaltending back to letting in 2 shit goals per game. December Drai has shown up in the stretch run. PJ is still on this team. Derek freaking Ryan has been our best 2 way threat for the past 10 games.

Oilers win 6-4.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Klim Kostin will also not return to the lineup Sunday. The illness that kept him out of Friday’s game also kept him off Saturday’s flight to Colorado. That is really too bad. After a bit of a quiet spell Kostin was back to being very effective against the Red Wings, one of his best games in a couple weeks. But it is what it is, and the Oilers need a temporary replacement for him.

Oilers re-called Devin Shore Saturday. This will qualify as an emergency callup, as the club had to play short-handed Friday due to illness. Yes, there are numerous players to choose from in Bakersfield. Devin Shore is a veteran who you know what you can expect from. But he also fits the bill salary-wise for that rule (a player under $850) which isn’t just handy…it’s essential. Dylan Holloway makes too much to qualify (and is nicked up now, anyway). And Vincent Desharnais is still sick.

Kurt Leavins

Last edited:

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
It’s late enough that Nuge has time for a little Nuge nap before the warm ups. I expect a big game from him.

Sad to hear no Big V and about Holloway’s apparent upper body injury. Hard to tell if it’s long term or just a stinger from the clip.

Who gets the start in net? I think Campbell gives us a better chance, but we need to get Skinner going

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It’s late enough that Nuge has time for a little Nuge nap before the warm ups. I expect a big game from him.

Sad to hear no Big V and about Holloway’s apparent upper body injury. Hard to tell if it’s long term or just a stinger from the clip.

Who gets the start in net? I think Campbell gives us a better chance, but we need to get Skinner going

I think Skinner might still have the flu bug.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Our frustrations are valid with this team, but I think the group is sicker than we might realize

For sure. Kane, Draisaitl, PJ, VD, Skinner, and Kostin are or have been sick and this bug takes some time to recover from. We don’t know who else has the flu. Probably many others are battling it.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Klim Kostin will also not return to the lineup Sunday. The illness that kept him out of Friday’s game also kept him off Saturday’s flight to Colorado. That is really too bad. After a bit of a quiet spell Kostin was back to being very effective against the Red Wings, one of his best games in a couple weeks. But it is what it is, and the Oilers need a temporary replacement for him.

Oilers re-called Devin Shore Saturday. This will qualify as an emergency callup, as the club had to play short-handed Friday due to illness. Yes, there are numerous players to choose from in Bakersfield. Devin Shore is a veteran who you know what you can expect from. But he also fits the bill salary-wise for that rule (a player under $850) which isn’t just handy…it’s essential. Dylan Holloway makes too much to qualify (and is nicked up now, anyway). And Vincent Desharnais is still sick.

Kurt Leavins
Dumb question
Do they have to announce if it’s Covid related anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad