GDT: Connor McDavid and the Avalanche Past Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I was astonished at how badly they played against New York in periods 2 and 3. Was really angry by that one but after taking a step back I understand the situation. Definitely an afflicted group. A healthy NHL team just doesn't play like that. I fully expect us to get bulldozed by the Avalanche but who the heck knows?

I’ve always felt that some fans downplay the effects of an illness running through the locker room. Without fail, whenever there has been the flu or whatever going through the room, the team looks off and drops points.

It’s exacerbated right now by running a shortened roster but it’s not like the two guys that were sent down would make a difference right now (Desharnais since he’s one of the players who is too sick to play and Holloway since he wasn’t getting any minutes anyhow).

I’d be happy with a point today but also wouldn’t be shocked if they lost. Weird having them fly out for a random matinee like this in the middle of these struggles to boot

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Absolutely need 2 points in this game with all other teams around us getting points yesterday.

Keep the road matinee streak alive Oilers.

Enjoy the game, I can't watch it live today with every one today as I have other plans but am expecting a positive result for the Oilers in this one.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Absolutely need 2 points in this game with all other teams around us getting points yesterday.

Keep the road matinee streak alive Oilers.

Enjoy the game, I can't watch it live today with every one today as I have other plans but am expecting a positive result for the Oilers in this one.
I’m going out on a limb and saying it don’t go OT. If it does, we r in trouble

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
The oilers need to start playing with pace. Intensity. Too many nights of passive weak uninspired play. I went to the flames game last night and if the oilers played with the tenacity they do we’d be top of the west.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
For sure. Kane, Draisaitl, PJ, VD, Skinner, and Kostin are or have been sick and this bug takes some time to recover from. We don’t know who else has the flu. Probably many others are battling it.
This is BS. We’ve been assured from some internet Dr’s here that it’s impossible to have the flu for that long and this is some sinister plot by Kenny to sabotage the team. ;)

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
I’ve always felt that some fans downplay the effects of an illness running through the locker room. Without fail, whenever there has been the flu or whatever going through the room, the team looks off and drops points.

It’s exacerbated right now by running a shortened roster but it’s not like the two guys that were sent down would make a difference right now (Desharnais since he’s one of the players who is too sick to play and Holloway since he wasn’t getting any minutes anyhow).

I’d be happy with a point today but also wouldn’t be shocked if they lost. Weird having them fly out for a random matinee like this in the middle of these struggles to boot
Weird damn scheduling…

I’ve also been thinking about this the last couple days. That sickness could have touched almost everyone. Really tough to play through. Hopefully we are on the tail end of it though.

Every team seems to go through it once during the season. I know a lot of people lately who have missed work due to illness. Definitely a couple bugs going around.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
It seems like every year when the oilers play like garbage there is a “sickness” going around that lasts for weeks.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
It seems like every year when the oilers play like garbage there is a “sickness” going around that lasts for weeks.

Well, it is right now. They were also playing bad before the hot streak for other reasons.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
To be fair that would make you play like garbage though. Ugh having bubble guts but in full equipment doing physical activity.

Reactions: Oilhawks

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
You see those two at the bottom on scoring list? Thats top6ers Jesse Puljujärvi and kailer Yamamoto. Jeez. The team is better when they are out
Janmark is a better pointproducer than yamamoto.

Both should be traded. Together wirh Barrie or Ceci. Ek65 in, another fwd i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad