Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Fair enough...

$5,000,000 is too low.... $10,000,000 is too high

There has to be a middle ground they can get to.

If Laine signs at $8m+ on a bridge deal I believe it will be the highest bridge deal ever compared to the cap. $7 is 100% more than fair.

Reactions: Aries56

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
If Laine signs at $8m+ on a bridge deal I believe it will be the highest bridge deal ever compared to the cap. $7 is 100% more than fair.
Seven dollars total or seven dollars per season? That doesn't buy a lot of ice cream

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Reading between the lines of Laine's agents interview the likely deadline that they have is the start of the season. Two weeks in Switzerland would take him to beginning of October.

Reactions: Psych0dad

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Mikko Rantanen and Patrik Laine likely will not have new contracts any time soon, according to their agent.

"We're not close ... they're high profile guys," Mike Liut, who represents each of the restricted free agents said on TSN 650 on Wednesday. "... There's nothing happened that we didn't know was going to happen. Nothing has gone on that we didn't anticipate."

"There's term, there's AAV (average annual value), there's structure and clubs have to manage their cap, we have to represent our client," Liut said. "We have our convictions, they have theirs."

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
JMO, but I think the problem is Laine is trying to negotiate based on what he did in years #1 and #2, and trying to ignore year #3.
You mean like Connor trying to negotiate on his last two years and ignore his first!! Is Connor any less selfish than Laine because he hasn't said anything to the media as Laine has, and what are Connors analytics on the top line 5v5? Not very good are they, in fact the whole line was a tire fire defensively, yet that is okay. It seems it is okay to say that the top line can score goals and be totally forgiven about the number of goals allowed yet Laine is not allowed the same luxury. Connor is obviously been given the benefit of the doubt yet Laine is not allowed any....a double standard.

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Who say's he'd accept that? He ranks himself higher than Matthews
Right now? Before draft he said that I think. This isn't a draft day or the first two seasons. Source other than made up?

I'm not going on the numbers. It's just all gets twisted. I'd assume even Patrik knows it. We even't don't know about Connor other than rumours. (I ain't lashing at anyone, just thinking how many mind readers there are) Sure I'd think about it if these a source rather than spitballing.

Reactions: Ippenator

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
Can anyone explain to me why they think Laine will be a generational player?

I’ve watched him 100’s of games, can he score, yes but does he have the skill set to be a Mcdavid, Crosby, Ovi, Matthews, McKinnon player? I don’t see it, I don’t believe his body type is conducive to being a generational talent as an effective true hockey talent. Will he score, likely but how do we pay a very one trick pony coming off a very off year?

The market for his current value is likely in the Boeser area, but he will demand more because he can score. I don’t think his value right now is higher than Boeser based on his over all game. Long term, I believe Boeser will be a better all round player.

I hope I’m wrong, but I see Laines nagging back issues as a red flag, at his height and size, along with his rumoured work ethic away from the rink, I’m concerned his body may not put up with long seasons especially if teams really start to play him physically.

I don’t want to gamble on our future if he’s asking huge cash and term. A bridge around 7 AAV is my hope...or less.
He has gotten to over a 100 goals as 18-19 old quicker than how many other players in this league, you are obviously forgetting that.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
You mean like Connor trying to negotiate on his last two years and ignore his first!! Is Connor any less selfish than Laine because he hasn't said anything to the media as Laine has, and what are Connors analytics on the top line 5v5? Not very good are they, in fact the whole line was a tire fire defensively, yet that is okay. It seems it is okay to say that the top line can score goals and be totally forgiven about the number of goals allowed yet Laine is not allowed the same luxury. Connor is obviously been given the benefit of the doubt yet Laine is not allowed any....a double standard.

Well 1 is talking crap to tabloids. 1 u dont hear nothing about. This isnt laine vs connor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad