Espoo
giphy.gif

Lowry averaged 14:38
Copp 12:10
Ehlers 15:46
Little 15:50
Perreault 12:14
Roslo 9:45
And as Zham well pointed out before, when talking about 5 on 5 ice time, you can most probably add also Laine to the list after Lowry.

Don’t you know that power play isn’t counted, as the goals scored there are apparently counted only in some other dimension...

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
The repeated slagging of Scheifele and Wheeler is really odd. They had a tough season, but they have been outstanding for the Jets over their careers. It seems that many posters just prefer a scorched earth approach.

Reactions: tbcwpg

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The repeated slagging of Scheifele and Wheeler is really odd. They had a tough season, but they have been outstanding for the Jets over their careers. It seems that many posters just prefer a scorched earth approach.

Some perhaps..
I’m sensing a Maurice revolution in my bones.
Imagine if Laine signs first then Connor holds out... lol

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Especially those that claim they had a "down year" when they matched (Wheeler) or exceeded (Scheifele) their single season best for points last year.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

I’ll say that’s the case with 55, 26 and 29. They all had a tough season and they have all been outstanding over their careers.

I just don’t get how fans can hate their own players enough to make crap up and perpetuate it.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Their bad last season is worth criticism -- they were neither responsible nor dedicated -- and I don't think it's unnatural or overly harsh to be concerned that it might carry over into this season. They also have become a symbol of Maurice's one-track mind and might even be complicit in it. The fact they played well in previous seasons only accentuates the fall.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Some perhaps..
I’m sensing a Maurice revolution in my bones.
Imagine if Laine signs first then Connor holds out... lol

Not hard to imagine. We know Maurice went to Finland and he didn’t go for the good of his health and he probably didn’t do it on his own. I’m assuming Chevy suggested it. Which leads me to believe that Chevy really wants to sign Laine.

On the other hand I don’t even know where KC is? Still in Michigan? Is he practicing with a suitable team?

I have no idea how this ends up, but it sure seems that the Jets have an interest in keeping Patrik.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
:thumbu:

This guy has to be a poster here, it's all too familiar. Ok, which one of you is it?
I think it was.the aavgard poster :laugh: then he disappeared here. Now you see this tweets from that guy.

Well, in a way his refusal to acknowledge the weaknesses in his own game are either disingenuous or unrealistic.
I think many has explained this. If there is 1 guy who knows and will acknowledge he sucked its Laine.

Here's the full tweet:

#NHLJets Laine tells @PekkaJalonen "When you're having contract negotiations, one thing always is who are you playing with. With the merits I have, somewhere else I'd have an opportunity to play with the best players. Everybody who understands hockey knows that." 1/2

#NHLJets Laine adds to @PekkaJalonen "There are top lines and then there is our line. But I play with the guys I'm told to play." Pekka's story https://www.iltalehti.fi/nhl/a/ef2c162d-e23e-4b60-b8b3-986d2da28043 … Thanks to Pekka for translation.

This was an overblown tweet that everybody reacted too :laugh:

AstrophysicalJet said:
What 3rdline players avg. 17 mins a game?

Were talking about 5v5 vs PP here.
Apples to oranges.
Laine's 5v5 time is usually quite down but his PP time gets his avg TOI up.

There's no doubt most games that Patty's line was rolling 3rd off the bench.

This is true

Play better defensively and he may get more time on the top line against the other team's best and with the empty net.

They were out there to chase 100 points not play defense.
You just scored an empty goal your line. Why in the heck you still out there to get another point with 2 goal lead?

I think Laine main point was he was expecting top line role start of last season.
Was depleted in start of October cause the coach didnt even try it. Or play them a single game!
Came to euro series looks like was happy end of October and it continued to Nov.
Now December his line still is the 3rd optio for Maurice.

Starting mid dec his play went south. Might be due to bad back also. At the same time the team overall pkay went south also.

After Mid Feb with his Dad visit he started playing again like the Laine of first 2.25 years. Into the playoff.

Laine knew he wasnt good that 3 months amd he acknowledge that.
But he also been saying for 2 year now. He should be given a top line role with what he has accomplished.

People who keep statig Laine doesnt deserve it only keeps pointing at that 2 month period.
While Laine been stating with his interviews before his slide that he wants top line spot.

Everybody knows Laine played crap for 3 months there. So did the whole team.
Now who should we look at here for not making changes. There was an interview with the coach back in late Jan , he mentioned he is not touch 55 and 26 combo.
And it looks like on his preseason interview it will still stay the same.

:popcorn:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I just find it hard that people think Laine is some kind of liability. All of our top 6 wingers are talented but Laine was the best of them 16/17-17/18. Here are all the wingers competing for top line ice's GAR:

upload_2019-9-17_18-36-35.png

Scoring rates are similar among all of them especially in 17/18

upload_2019-9-17_18-39-54.png

I think it points to a bigger issue then which winger plays where and that issue is the lack of a 1B center. If we had that we could run both lines around the same amount of time. Problem solved.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Honestly

I dont see many if there is at all slugging of Scheifele. Well there was when he was about the same age as Laine.
And there were some of us defending him.

For Wheeler there is , mostly on how he conducts himself as a captain during that tough stretch there late March to end of season.

It was a tough emotional stretch there for the whole group. Wheeler should have been the light for the team there. But he wasnt able to help his emotions many interviewes and we dont know inside the room how he was .

But he did regroup himself now.
Looks like it.
Lets hope he learned his lesson.

Im pretty sure Patty will get better also as he age when it comes to speaking his mind out.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I just find it hard that people think Laine is some kind of liability. All of our top 6 wingers are talented but Laine was the best of them 16/17-17/18. Here are all the wingers competing for top line ice's GAR:

View attachment 255299

Scoring rates are similar among all of them especially in 17/18

View attachment 255301

I think it points to a bigger issue then which winger plays where and that issue is the lack of a 1B center. If we had that we could run both lines around the same amount of time. Problem solved.

Man could we transform this team with a single move like that. Unfortunately I have no idea who that 1B C is or how we would get them.

Otherwise we really have to start grooming someone within the organization.

Or we could try different...... nah never mind :)

Reactions: Gm0ney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad