Confirmed with Link: Connor Dewar to the Leafs for Dmitry Ovchinnikov and 2026 4th

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
LW / C I guess

IMG_7858.jpeg

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
He's a fourth liner... Why would he ever be on the ice with the big four and who said anything about him being on the ice with the big four? Your post makes no sense... So when Maroon is on the ice it's a 5 v 4.5 for us, but if Reaves is on Boston is celebrating? Wouldn't that in your eyes mean we're playing 4.5? so doesn't it just even out? we're both playing 4.5....

If by Boston dressing Maroon it forces the Leafs to dress Reaves they've won that mini-matchup before they even drop the puck. Especially on the road.

What is Reaves purpose? Protect the big 4 from sucker punches, slewfoots and elbows? He'll have a tough time doing that from the bench. If you have the Matthews line out against the Maroon line I absolutely love that. If we put out Reaves so he can take a run at Pasta or Marchand, Bruins absolutely love that. It's multi-level thinking.

Regular season that's fine, playoffs dress useful players. Every second Reaves is on the ice Boston is more likely to score a goal

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
bro reaves was literally in the middle of plays cus he couldnt decide where to go cus he wasn't quick enough to reach anything lol
Doesn’t mean the big 4 weren’t floating but if you want to pick and choose, go right ahead.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
If by Boston dressing Maroon it forces the Leafs to dress Reaves they've won that mini-matchup before they even drop the puck. Especially on the road.

What is Reaves purpose? Protect the big 4 from sucker punches, slewfoots and elbows? He'll have a tough time doing that from the bench. If you have the Matthews line out against the Maroon line I absolutely love that. If we put out Reaves so he can take a run at Pasta or Marchand, Bruins absolutely love that. It's multi-level thinking.

Regular season that's fine, playoffs dress useful players. Every second Reaves is on the ice Boston is more likely to score a goal
What I like about Reaves is that he doesn't take stupid penalties. Not so sure the same can be said about Maroon. Compare their PIMs.

Reactions: francis246

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Call me crazy but I think Dewar and Domi would be a good pair. Dewar to cover the defensive deficiencies and has a decent enough shot to finish. Dewar has 0 offensive creativity so he could actually benefit from Domi in the regard.

Dewar - Domi - Jarnkrok

Seems like it could be a useful 3rd line offensively and not a complete liability

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
As if there is 7 pages debating whether this was a good trade or not. It's a depth trade lol.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Treliving probably talked to Keefe about the roster and needs .

I'm sure Dubas did too.

But a lot of what he did never made sense either. They keep trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. It's counterintuitive to add these types of players to a team that focuses on offense.

Especially when history has proven so many times already it doesn't work.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Always liked Dewar.

The gist is this, even if we acquired something on the level of Hertl, for the next few seasons, we need to acquire depth, while we navigate whether the players that have to take us through the playoffs, can take us through the playoffs.

More's the point from a point I made in another thread because we have little option to do much else: There are league prices and Leafs prices. We don't have enough to sit at the table and bid for league priced assets of quality, never mind the required hand out picks after a sesh of modeling his scenarios in NHL 23 like Dubas-prices.

Now enough about clubs that underwrite the rest of the league, let's talk about circumvention and trade strategy for expansion clubs OR: Is the only way we'll ever get to enjoy the NHL again is by becoming a fan of a southern US team?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Back in the 80's me and my friends would roll up at a party around 10pm. Without any hesitation a sloppy drunken girl would hit on me. The attention was nice, but it I didn't really indulge like others might. Every single time my friends would say to me "Who cares! Just Dewar".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad