Confirmed with Link: Connor Dewar to the Leafs for Dmitry Ovchinnikov and 2026 4th

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
LOL ouch!

If you look at his AHL numbers, he scores goals at a third line clip, but he’s a cy young candidate.
If you had a pass first guy with him, he could top out as a third liner.
It’s a decent niche add with some upside.
Fine business for 4th.

Reactions: Hellcat

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
What did you expect? A 4th rounder in 2026. So a guy who has a 10 percent chance by 2030? We can recoup picks like that. Ovi? Sorry to see him go but I doubt he had a future here. We are loaded with forwards. Knies,Robertson, Cowan etc. We got a 24 year old C who was RFA, meaning you pay to sign him. We win this trade and needed this guy.

Reactions: Smif

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
If by Boston dressing Maroon it forces the Leafs to dress Reaves they've won that mini-matchup before they even drop the puck. Especially on the road.

What is Reaves purpose? Protect the big 4 from sucker punches, slewfoots and elbows? He'll have a tough time doing that from the bench. If you have the Matthews line out against the Maroon line I absolutely love that. If we put out Reaves so he can take a run at Pasta or Marchand, Bruins absolutely love that. It's multi-level thinking.

Regular season that's fine, playoffs dress useful players. Every second Reaves is on the ice Boston is more likely to score a goal
If Boston is dressing Maroon? You think Boston got him not to play him? You think Boston got him to play him once and awhile? A guy like Maroon played every game for Tampa in the playoffs and they did pretty well for themselves... So you have no idea what you're talking about. You people clearly don't know the difference between regular season hockey and playoff hockey... Especially for how many years leaf fans have been crying about being tougher then when we have that people cry and complain about what the use or role of the player is... It's pretty obvious to be tough and play tough. His use and role is to go out there, don't be a liability, make smart plays, hit everything, fight everything and don't let the other team think they will just hit and walk all over you all game and get away with it.

Reactions: darrylsittler27

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If Boston is dressing Maroon? You think Boston got him not to play him? You think Boston got him to play him once and awhile? A guy like Maroon played every game for Tampa in the playoffs and they did pretty well for themselves... So you have no idea what you're talking about. You people clearly don't know the difference between regular season hockey and playoff hockey... Especially for how many years leaf fans have been crying about being tougher then when we have that people cry and complain about what the use or role of the player is... It's pretty obvious to be tough and play tough. His use and role is to go out there, don't be a liability, make smart plays, hit everything, fight everything and don't let the other team think they will just hit and walk all over you all game and get away with it.
He's a 4th. liner who is a 4th. liner in the playoffs.

1710005989282.png

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
He's a 4th. liner who is a 4th. liner in the playoffs.

View attachment 833107
And your point? I clearly stated he was a fourth liner by saying Boston got him to play him (obviously saying he's good enough to play) and I also said that's what we got reaves to be and to do. So again... What is your point exactly?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
And your point? I clearly stated he was a fourth liner by saying Boston got him to play him (obviously saying he's good enough to play) and I also said that's what we got reaves to be and to do. So again... What is your point exactly?

He isn't a player to be concerned about.

Playoffs don't make him into anything more than he is in the regular season. A 4th. liner, and he won't walking all over anyone all game long.

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
I like that he's young and an RFA so we have some control, not a rental.

If he's a good bottom six pker who can chip in some offense and we can keep him around on a cheap contract for a few years, that's a good piece to have in the organization.

It could be good asset management, and help the team right now.

Of course, I have no idea if he's actually any good haha, so we'll see.

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
He isn't a player to be concerned about.

Playoffs don't make him into anything more than he is in the regular season. A 4th. liner, and he won't walking all over anyone all game long.
I never said he was a concern I was responding to someone who was arguing what his use was... Now you're talking about something completely different.. I never said playoffs make him better or worse I simply said we got him to be a fourth liner and play in the playoffs. So thanks for proving my point I guess?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad