Confirmed with Link: Connor Dewar to the Leafs for Dmitry Ovchinnikov and 2026 4th

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The add which almost certainly shouldn't be a rental. Good to have brought in some extra depth to the forward group.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
SCOUTING REPORT
Improving his skating and play away from the puck have turned him from an overage draft project into a forward with an NHL future. His compete level and intangibles are off the charts, but his lack of size and creativity figure to make him a low-ceiling player. His work ethic and ability to play all three forward positions in the NHL bode well for the future.
Long Range Potential : Hard-working depth forward.
Thanks for posting that. Seems like he was a late blooming bottom 6 by improving his skating and D work. Vaguely remember him when we played against them but not sure it will move the needle either way. Sort of like a Blackwell pickup.

Reactions: Hellcat

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Decent pickup.

I was getting scared we wernt gonna get the center we needed.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
He sounds great, sounds like a guy Tampa would target. Don't understand why Minnesota traded him.

Keon1963

Sep 27, 2017
We have 24 roster players. Options send Martin Jones to the Marlies and risk losing him. Send Gregor to the Marlies, waive xxx

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
We have 24 roster players. Options send Martin Jones to the Marlies and risk losing him. Send Gregor to the Marlies, waive xxx
The leaf thing to do would be to put Dewar on waivers lmao, Robertson also likely getting called up soon so they'll carry 25 as they have the cap room

Last edited:

Borschevsky

Aug 9, 2005
I've been to about 7-8 Marlies games this year and I think Ovchinnikov played in one of them

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Reaves has been fine
It funny how people just can’t update their bullshit opinions the moment he signed. Reaves has been quite good, even last night that line lived in their end. He’s doing exactly what you want out of a fourth line, he stunk early this season but now I see him as a decent add. Just acknowledge he’s been fine, it’s okay.

Like this player for the PK, we desperately need to shore it up, he and yesterday’s trade address that.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Wdym??
1RHD, 1LHD and 1C :sarcasm::laugh:

we just added Niedemeyer 2.0, Weber 2.0, Eric Staal 2.0

Pizza man got the job done

as for this trade, I don't mind a 4th for a pker

Extra spicy sausage and cheese...what more could you ask for? :sarcasm:

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I like these low risk bets on young role players like Benoit, Dewar, Gregor who still have RFA status.

Great change of pace from wasting time trying to fill out the bottom six with waterbugs like Malgin, Petan, etc.

Dewar is promising. He has the makings of being a useful piece on an energy identity 4th line, with PK ability and enough scoring touch to pot 10+ goals. If he can prove to be a ++ PKer, it could make moving Kampf palatable in the summer. Worst case scenario, he's our version of Eyssimont.

We need to go beyond having just 1x player per line with pushback. Playing Domi + Bert & Dewar + Reaves together will give us multiple lines that can impose themselves physically instead of being reactive.

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
We need a figure skater who can slice the throats of opponents. That’s how we win, we absolutely and straight up mob our Stanley cup in the most gangster way possible. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Al14

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
How could we give up on Ovnichinnivikov and a 4th too? We got fleeeced again. /s

Should be good, needed help a C and on PK. Good move no risk.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
How could we give up on Ovnichinnivikov and a 4th too? We got fleeeced again. /s

Should be good, needed help a C and on PK. Good move no risk.

To be fair they got a guy whose close to being a proven 4C, while still being 24. Neither of the Leafs assets moved may play a game in the NHL

Reactions: thewave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad