Dreger: Connor Brown to Edmonton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015
Hoping for 2023 1st. It's going to be bottom 5 most likely. Probably flip it right away+ Brannstrom for RD.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If we keep him, how do we acquire the defenceman?

If the issue is salary space, keep Brown and his 4M salary, deal Hamonic's 3.25M deal and have Brannstrom, JBD and Thomson compete for his 6th D role.

If the issue is assets, we still have our 1sts and 2nds next year, as well as numerous quality prospects. We don't need to deal Brown for assets to have enough to trade for a good D, especially if all he is returning is a measly 2nd.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We don't need to deal Brown for assets to have enough to trade for a good D, especially if all he is returning is a measly 2nd.

Well, to be clear, my point was that a 2nd was the highest we'd get, hopefully with other pieces (e.g. other draft picks).

Essentially that I don't see Oilers dealing a 1st rounder for a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Well, to be clear, my point was that a 2nd was the highest we'd get, hopefully with other pieces (e.g. other draft picks).

Essentially that I don't see Oilers dealing a 1st rounder for a 2nd/3rd line tweener.

Ok fair, but if no team is putting a 1st on the table we should at least be getting two 2nds + a mid round pick or prospect.

Reactions: NyQuil

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Is it though? Getting swept is embarrassing. Probably the most embarrassing thing in sports.

Is it better to win multiple series instead of 0???

yes... is this a real question?

Especially against your biggest rival sending them directly into a rebuild

They lost to the champs, no shame in that. Colorado is a drastically better team than Edmonton

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Hoping for 2023 1st. It's going to be bottom 5 most likely. Probably flip it right away+ Brannstrom for RD.

Okay well while you're hoping for the 2023 1st, I'll hope that Future Considerations somehow made it onto the Oilers overnight and we move him for Brown straight across.

Let's see who's dream is the bigger one in the room

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Okay well while you're hoping for the 2023 1st, I'll hope that Future Considerations somehow made it onto the Oilers overnight and we move him for Brown straight across.

Yours. Obviously.

SENStastic

Sep 27, 2015

Late 1st is a reasonable ask for someone like Brown. He's a 40-50pt player at bare minimum that can play in every situation, and a warrior when you need him most, on a very cheap contract, even if its just one year. Probably would fetch that at TDL to a real contender. I aint dreamin.

Reactions: Macheteops

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Brown has been overrated with regards to what he’d return for a while imo.

A 2nd with no money comes my back and I’m a hoot Sens fan.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Brown has been overrated with regards to what he’d return for a while imo.

A 2nd with no money comes my back and I’m a hoot Sens fan.
Browns value exceeds JPG in my book. Even if that was an overpayment. A 1st is reasonable

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I'd imagine Ottawa is working on flipping any assets they receive from Edmonton to another team for a defenseman (alongside any of their own picks/prospects), and they won't pull the trigger on the trade until they have that arrangement in place.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Is it better to win multiple series instead of 0???

yes... is this a real question?

Especially against your biggest rival sending them directly into a rebuild

They lost to the champs, no shame in that. Colorado is a drastically better team than Edmonton
Makar was the difference. dude is a beast and propelled the team to take that next and final step. Avs don’t have him, they are probably still in The same situation as past years. jmo.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
yup, there is a delay since they to find a third team.

The Oilers Now Host said he could see a deal between SJ-EDM-OTT

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'd imagine Ottawa is working on flipping any assets they receive from Edmonton to another team for a defenseman (alongside any of their own picks/prospects), and they won't pull the trigger on the trade until they have that arrangement in place.

Would be kinda funny if the assets get flipped a couple times with each team adding something. From EDM for Brown, to FLA for Weegar, to ARZ for Chychrun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad