Dreger: Connor Brown to Edmonton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Hmmm....part of a deal to take on Matt Murray's contract? Part of a Puljujarvi swap?

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
I’m a Leafs fan. Edmonton is there with whoever Kadri, Kessel, and Thornton currently play for among teams I wanna see win if the Leafs don’t, cuz I’m a huge McDavid fan. Became even bigger w/ then getting Hyman, and I love Draisaitl and Nurse, too. McDavid played w/ Brown in Erie, and I think the org likes to cater to him a bit, obv for good reason. There’s been talk about Brown to Edmonton for years now. I was kinda hoping we could get him back but prob tough on the cap. Oilers could do it tho, and it’d be a great fit.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Honestly, probably just going to be picks and prospects, that can be flipped to create more Cap space/off-load the likes of Murray, Zaitsev and DelZotto.

If Brown really is going to test free agency, I am 100% okay with this plan, granted we are signing someone to replace him, or a top 4D.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He's a player that a lot of GMs would like. Plays hard, last year of his contract.

The Sens seemingly have too many wingers so it makes sense to move him rather than re-sign him when he's older than the core.

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
Poolparty seems likely here right?
I guess Poolparty could be in play but then you're replacing a fringe 2nd line RW with a fringe 2nd line RW.
Sens have Claude lined up for 2RW in 2 days as UFA, doesn't make much sense to keep Brown/trade for Poolparty because there's also Joseph in that 3RW role.
Unless Formenton is also moved this week and Joseph moves from RW to LW... he is left handed, so that might be their idea.

CanHeDoIt99

Mar 14, 2022
I guess Poolparty could be in play but then you're replacing a fringe 2nd line RW with a fringe 2nd line RW.
Sens have Claude lined up for 2RW in 2 days as UFA, doesn't make much sense to keep Brown/trade for Poolparty because there's also Joseph in that 3RW role.
Unless Formenton is also moved this week and Joseph moves from RW to LW... he is left handed, so that might be their idea.

I wonder if its mostly just - CB has indicated he wants to test UFA, so they trade him for a player they have under team control for longer as an RFA. Obviously if Giroux signs it gets a bit crowded.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Poolparty seems likely here right?

I don't think it makes sense for us to take Puljujarvi.

Joseph had a great end of the season for us and we're looking like we want to be players in free agency. IF we get a RW, we're rocking Batherson - FA - Joseph - Watson down the right side. Puljujarvi might be better than Watson as a player, but he's a better fit on the fourth line. No space for him.

I could still see it somehow happening though.

Pretty much this. I could see this as a reason to get Puljujarvi. I would rather have Greig and Sokolov battle it out for that 3 LW spot instead though because it would be cheaper, but it's not unrealistic to get Puljujarvi in this scenario.

We're really full on the wings save one legit top six player. We don't have 100 point superstars, so we can't afford to have players that don't do their share of offensive work in the top six. Having middle six guys up there, even high end ones like Brown, really holds us back because of that.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
No clue what Smith's plans are for next season, but he could be a sneaky option.

Mike Smith + ??? (Foegele? Puljuarvi?)
for
C. Brown

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Long been a fan of Connor Brown, he's good friends with Hyman another player I have liked for years. This would be nice for Connor, a great guy and honest dependable player to join a final 4 team after his Ottawa stint to rejoin Hyman and his other former teammate some guy wearing #97. Brown is often under-appreciated and a better player than he is often given credit for.

Reactions: PoutineSp00nZ

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Brown is an upgrade on poolparty. He can give you 40 to 50 points and does everything else right. Smart, defensively respondible grindy player with decent speed and creativity. If he had better hands he'd be a point per game player. He'd look great on the wing for drais if the oilers want to spread offense around.

I want the sens to sign him, and if he's traded I want a defenseman coming back. Or at the very least futures to try to trade for one.

No interest in pool party

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Long been a fan of Connor Brown, he's good friends with Hyman another player I have liked for years. This would be nice for Connor, a great guy and honest dependable player to join a final 4 team after his Ottawa stint to rejoin Hyman and his other former teammate some guy wearing #97. Brown is often under-appreciated and a better player than he is often given credit for.
The Oilers having both Hyman and Brown would remind me of the Avs having Nuke and then adding Lehkonen. Just a crazy amount of industrious two-way play to move up and down your line-up.

I expect the price would be higher than the Oilers fans would hope on that surface but frankly I think if Edmonton got him it would be a totally winning move.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The Oilers having both Hyman and Brown would remind me of the Avs having Nuke and then adding Lehkonen. Just a crazy amount of industrious two-way play to move up and down your line-up.

I expect the price would be higher than the Oilers fans would hope on that surface but frankly I think if Edmonton got him it would be a totally winning move.
I can say this, Brown will make the Oilers better. Just like Hyman did. Both players I have a lot of time for. They bring intangibles of hard work, character, winning, to a team. Also they are glue guys that can play up and down the line up. If The Oil are all in, Brown will make a great addition to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig