Dreger: Connor Brown to Edmonton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Would be kinda funny if the assets get flipped a couple times with each team adding something. From EDM for Brown, to FLA for Weegar, to ARZ for Chychrun

My hunch is it's Pittsburgh and John Marino. Them signing Ruuta could be one domino that makes the deal easier.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
As a heads up, the Oilers 1st round pick will not be in play. Holland has made 100 moves since the last time he traded away his 1st round pick.

It could be because that pick turn out to be the one Tampa used to draft Vasilesky

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
For ONE YEAR of Connor Brown?

Insanity!

Remember when Rackell got a 2nd, ZAR, Simon and Clang for 30 games of play? Copp returned a 1st & 2nd at the deadline? Jarnkrok returned a 2nd, 3rd and 7th? Chiarot returned a 1st, 4th, and Smilanic?

He might not return a 1st but its not outside of the scope of reality.

99ovr

Apr 15, 2021
Remember when Rackell got a 2nd, ZAR, Simon and Clang for 30 games of play? Copp returned a 1st & 2nd at the deadline? Jarnkrok returned a 2nd, 3rd and 7th? Chiarot returned a 1st, 4th, and Smilanic?

He might not return a 1st but its not outside of the scope of reality.
He'll return a 1st I'm pretty confident but even more so if we retain a little salary

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Let me play devils advocate here:

Puljujarvi didn't deal with injuries or covid? Last years stats aren't anything special. 35 points. His career high is 43 points.

And despite all those things JP still put up the same stat line. Imagine what JP would look like if he actually puts things together.

So Brown isn't good enough to play in Ottawas top 6? Why isn't he getting the opportunity if he would be closer to Hyman?

I would still trade Puljujarvi for Brown because I think it would be a good fit for both teams. However, I don't see how Brown is easily worth a 1st round pick when the guy who is 4 years younger on a cost controlled contract putting up similar numbers is apparently worth a mid round pick. I think they are a lot closer in value then fans think.
Here its the problem ; Puljujärvi will never put it together.

This is what he is. His style is wiffing, fumbling lanky guy whrre his strength is "looking promising".
Id happily take a middle 6er guy in return, Holland dont take pics. I would take 2nd imideatly if offered.

You could see this player draftday. I even commented that back then. I have to look that up.
JP is in the same tier as Ho sang. Incredible talent, player - as a perfevt pond hockey player.

Reactions: DarksideGhost
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad