Dreger: Connor Brown to Edmonton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Brown is a great player, really don't see anyway Ottawa comes on top with this deal considering the players the Oilers have to offer. Not sure if Brown needed to be traded so fast, was hoping we could at least package him for a 4D.

Oilers fans will be extremely happy with him!

Hes being package for Drai so Ottawa can have all the germans

Reactions: Macheteops

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Thats because Brown is basically getting pushed out by Giroux, and Sens fan know there's no way we can re-sign Brown after this season.

Thats what Im thinking too. He realized he isn't going to touch the top 6 anymore, no chance at all for powerplay time. A more limited role.

He wants more room to breath, and I don't blame him. I wish the Sens could keep him, hes a fantastic middle 6 winger, but I'd much rather have Giroux and Debrincat than Brown.

Hopefully its a good return for futures that the Sens can use to get a defenseman,

Oilers are going to love Brown, he's the perfect player for them.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I wouldnt even be mad if Dorion took a bit less value to send Brownie to a good spot. He deserves it, would add some goodwill within the room, and I think we can make a trade that is more about fit than optimizing value.

First Hyman, now Brown and Campbell? Is the Oiler's goal to take all the nice guys off the Leafs?
If so, don't worry - your stars are safe!

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Is it though? Getting swept is embarrassing. Probably the most embarrassing thing in sports.
Occupation+without+compensation_31f819_8887809.jpg

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There's a bit of a weird vibe in this thread. There is an overwhelming sentiment from Ottawa fans that the Oilers are getting an absolute gem, but not a lot of grief that they are (supposedly) losing such a great player.

Wants to be paid like a 2nd liner and there isn't enough room for him.

I'd certainly keep him at the right price. Ideally he'd be in your bottom six and could spot time in the top six as required.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hopefully for picks. We need the cap more than anything right now.

Yeah there is absolutely no spot for anybody. We just need a Top-4 RHD so the assets could help in achieving that

Which really sucks as Ottawa seems to be heading in the right direction a lot faster than expected.

They just signed Claude Giroux so that's where Brown money went. Giroux is basically Brown's elite version.

I hope we didn't give up too much
But this is an awesome pickup for the Oilers

McDaddy is gonna be happy

Hyman and Brown on the same line would drive the opposition crazy. Need that duo against other teams top lines. I'd have :

Hyman - RNH - Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad