Confidence in the Front Office

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
So in your opinion the coach should give extra playing time to the worse roster players

Not really. I do think this narrative that AV had all these better players at his disposal and stubbornly rode with the veterans is largely an illusion. Not the part about the veterans getting worse. That's real. But the part about how good the potential replacements would've been? That's not.

The rangers are in a different spot this year. And if he shows the same tendencies, I'll criticize him for it.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Not really. I do think this narrative that AV had all these better players at his disposal and stubbornly rode with the veterans is largely an illusion. Not the part about the veterans getting worse. That's real. But the part about how good the potential replacements would've been? That's not.

The rangers are in a different spot this year. And if he shows the same tendencies, I'll criticize him for it.

Gorton should make it easier on him and find a way to get rid of Girardi and Glass. At least we don't have to deal with Boyle anymore

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
The roster has gotten worse too, but why should we let that get in the way of a good ol' fashioned coach bashing session.

Did the coach have anything to do with that? One wonders. In spring 2015 it definitely seemed like the front office was trying to get him someone who was better than Glass, and AV went ahead and played Glass anyway.

However, without inside knowledge, we are just going round in circles here.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Did the coach have anything to do with that? One wonders. In spring 2015 it definitely seemed like the front office was trying to get him someone who was better than Glass, and AV went ahead and played Glass anyway.

However, without inside knowledge, we are just going round in circles here.

No, he didn't just play Glass anyway. He played him over Sheppard, who didn't even play in the NHL last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad