GDT: Communtiy of MY EMOTIONS! New Jersey Devils at Columbus Blue Jackets. 7pm MSG+

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
i will say bobrovsky is outstanding even though he let in 4 goals. his positioning and movement were incredible.

Reactions: Oneiro

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Jack Adams seems to be the kiss of death for most coaches.
so it seems like an award you kinda don't want your coach to win lol.

Regardless for Devils nominations this might be the most they have had in a while
Boyle should get Masterton
Shero will probably be nominated along with Yzerman and Armstrong if the Devils make the playoffs
John Hynes if the Devils make the playoffs will be a nominee
Hischier has a good chance at Calder nominee (youngest player in the league + defensive level should work in his favor even if he doesn't end up with most rookie points).

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Might have to take Zacha out and put Nico or Bratt in there twice.

4sODUIK.gif

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
lol people are now talking bout hynes as COTY? not that i disagree but a game ago he was AV with the Rags.

He holds his players accountable (for the most part) and has weighted expectations based on potential (Zacha). I like how this team is performing with him at the helm. And whats most important is Hischier/Hall/Bratt are motivated and performing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
On that other forum, some dummy tried to rationalize the Larsson for Hall trade. It's not like it's nothing that we haven't seen a million times over on the mainboard since this stupid trade happened.

Implied was a top 2 defender (LOL) and that it's hilarious that Devils fans claim he wasn't our best defender and that no one needs to win this deal because we filled a hole by creating another one. And how it was a cap move LOL. When was Larsson our best defenseman? Maybe for 1.5 years from the time Pete got fired, through 15-16?

Taylor Hall has been a gamebreaker this year, Adam Larsson has never been anything near that. f*** that rationalization, Chiarelli got more than hosed here.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
they couldve easily had 4-5... maybe more? i guess we win
Schneider didn’t have to make as many highlight real saves like Bob did tonight, he faced more perimeter shots whereas the Devils were getting high quality shots on Bob all night.

I need to see that heat map

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
lol people are now talking bout hynes as COTY? not that i disagree but a game ago he was AV with the Rags.

He holds his players accountable (for the most part) and has weighted expectations based on potential (Zacha). I like how this team is performing with him at the helm. And whats most important is Hischier/Hall/Bratt are motivated and performing.
jack adams go for whoever has the most improved team. it probably should go to a guy like Babcock most of the time otherwise

I'm indifferent towards him in general, like a lot of things dislike some others and that's going to be the case with most coaches. But it'd be cool to have a coach that actually lasts more than three years and he'll get better as time goes on.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Schneider didn’t have to make as many highlight real saves like Bob did tonight, he faced more perimeter shots whereas the Devils were getting high quality shots on Bob all night.

I need to see that heat map

ya ur right, strange to think that a guy losing 4-1 made better saves overall. just goes to show that this team has something. they dont quit.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
On that other forum, some dummy tried to rationalize the Larsson for Hall trade. It's not like it's nothing that we haven't seen a million times over on the mainboard since this stupid trade happened.

Implied was a top 2 defender (LOL) and that it's hilarious that Devils fans claim he wasn't our best defender and that no one needs to win this deal because we filled a hole by creating another one. And how it was a cap move LOL. When was Larsson our best defenseman? Maybe for 1.5 years from the time Pete got fired, through 15-16?

Taylor Hall has been a gamebreaker this year, Adam Larsson has never been anything near that. **** that rationalization, Chiarelli got more than hosed here.

EDM needed a culture change and NJ had nothing to lose holding fast on the demand for Hall. Hall was good last year but he has really kicked it up this season with the youngsters inspiring him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

He'll be coach of the year because they usually give it to coaches of teams that aren't expected to do much or be a playoff team. Obviously, Gallant is gonna get it if Vegas makes the playoffs because an expansion team making the playoffs is a rare feat.

I don't think getting the Jack Adams is indicative of being a good head coach. Roy won the Jack Adams, he's not a good head coach at the NHL level at all. Never was. Paulrus MacLean and Bob Hartley won it on both ends of Roy's win. Neither were good head coaches, at least Hartley wasn't. And both Hartley and MacLean lost their head coaching jobs just a year/1.5 years after those wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad