Rumor: Columbus in trade talks; trying to acquire Top 6 center

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I still think Duchene for Murray+ is a pretty fair deal. Duchene is responsible enough defensively to play in their system, and Murray would be a nice add for Colorado (although who knows how they feel about his injuries).

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Duchene and Barrie for 1st, Murray, Jenner + Motte?

Hell no.

I mean you basically would have to drop Barrie for me to consider it (which would be overpayment but still)

Contrary to popular belief, Barrie is a pretty great offensive D and holds a ton of value to the Avs...

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Jenner is worth more then RNH.

How/why?

Jenner wears an A here and had a slow year but went hot to end the year and was 1 of our best players in the playoffs.

And yet still finished the year with less points than RNH did during his worst-ever full season as a pro.

He had a 30G season the year before but just didn't have the PP time this year to get a chance to score that much.

Which tells me he's not a top six option... precisely why it makes sense to trade him for someone who would be.

RNH would still be the 3C here and Jenner is as capable of a 3C for us as RNH only much much much cheaper.

I'm fairly sure the Coach of the Year would know to play RNH ahead of Dubinsky in offensive situations. That sort of common sense might not be inherent to you, but I think Torts would figure that one out.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
TJ for Murray 1 for 1 would work no need to complicate. There are only a few truly movable pieces to go with Murray. We paid a 1st to make sure Anderson wouldn't get taken and we protected Jenner over him so that shows you his value to us. TJ and Duchene are the 2 guys I've wanted since last TDL and I've wanted TJ for 2 or 3 years here as it is so I am all for working a deal out. We need game breakers like him

The problem is if we move out Johnson we also need a top 9 forward back, so that's why I added Jenner. I don't think Johnson for Murray 1 for 1 is totally even, Johnson has shown he's a top 6 center more than Murray a top 4 defender.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
The reason the Habs haven't gotten their top 6 C is because they have a GM with no balls and limited intelligence to do the trade for one.

I'm not a Bergevin fan, but one thing I can't blame him for is being scared of making big trades. In back to back summer he just traded his most valuable skater and his most important prospect.

I think he needs to be more creative, but I'm giving him slack for getting Drouin - for years, I have been picking the Seguin exemple as a trade exemple he should be making and I think Drouin/Seguin trades are similar in the effect it can have on the team

Back to regular programming, now.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I doubt the Jackets are looking to take 2 big contracts. Wennberg and Anderson still need contracts and they only have 10M in cap space.

Not to mention Atkinson due for a raise next year.

Above would be +$5.8m to Columbus and -$0.1m to Colorado. Would have $23m in space next with 3 UFA's and 4 RFA's.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
How/why?

And yet still finished the year with less points than RNH did during his worst-ever full season as a pro.

Which tells me he's not a top six option... precisely why it makes sense to trade him for someone who would be.

I'm fairly sure the Coach of the Year would know to play RNH ahead of Dubinsky in offensive situations. That sort of common sense might not be inherent to you, but I think Torts would figure that one out.
Points aren't everything and again Dubi puts up what RNH does... So while RNH puts up more points Jenner has the potential to put up more goals while Dubi does the same offensively yet better on D. So we don't get better at C yet lose the goal scoring potential. And Torts plays the guys who are playing the best that day and doesn't have set lines or minutes too play. Guys like Bill Karlson and Sedlak were getting good minutes last year and Karlson was moved to Crosby so Dubi could shut down Malkin who was playing too well while Crosby wasn't playing great. So if he trusts our low level offense guys because they are playing well and hard at all times in important games RNH isn't guaranteed even 3C minutes. We only lost to The pens because Bob gave up like 4 goals a game. Had nothing to do with offense outside of game 1 maybe or D outside of injuries.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The problem is if we move out Johnson we also need a top 9 forward back, so that's why I added Jenner. I don't think Johnson for Murray 1 for 1 is totally even, Johnson has shown he's a top 6 center more than Murray a top 4 defender.
Milano or Calvert would likely be able to go that way. Milano is ready and has been at mid 6 LW but our depth at wing has been too much other then injury call ups where I've liked him a lot. Calvert has always been a great 3rd line player. Brings great PK and hard minutes.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I hope that is at 50% retained and a good prospect added from EDM... Savard is going no where and we just gave Vegas a first to keep Anderson. The most overpaid 3C in the league isn't getting some of our best players/young guys

:laugh: RNH at 50% retained? Hope you don't like Seth Jones and Sonny Milano much.

McPhatty00

Apr 23, 2014
State College, PA
I believe pieces considered "off limits" would be:
Wennberg (moving him just perpetuates the 1 top-6 center issue)
Panarin
PLD
Werenski
Jones
Bobrovsky

Beyond that it's a discussion. If there's even a discussion to be had.

And what is leftover? Gotta give to get. I doubt any GM will take a bunch of spare parts for a 1-2C.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
:laugh: RNH at 50% retained? Hope you don't like Seth Jones and Sonny Milano much.
So McDavid and Drai are the new face of the Jackets? I can do it too. RNH couldn't get Jones in the 1st place when he actually had value. The preds wanted an add. Sure as hell wouldn't get him now.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Bozak could probably be had for cheap.
His defense issues would be masked well with Columbus and he will give you 50ish pts and a solid takeoff man

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: