Rumor: Columbus in trade talks; trying to acquire Top 6 center

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I'd do Nuge + Ethan Bear for Savard. Probably not enough to get it done, and you guys may not even be interested in trading Savard.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
How hilarious would it be if the Jackets just started looking for a Top 6 C just recently and actually got 1......while the habs who've been looking for a Top C for over a year still dont

The reason the Habs haven't gotten their top 6 C is because they have a GM with no balls and limited intelligence to do the trade for one.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I believe pieces considered "off limits" would be:
Wennberg (moving him just perpetuates the 1 top-6 center issue)
Panarin
PLD
Werenski
Jones
Bobrovsky

Beyond that it's a discussion. If there's even a discussion to be had.

RNH for Jenner, then Murray and Calvert for Kovalchuk:

Panarin-Wennberg-Kovalchuk
Foligno-RNH-Atkinson
PLD/Milano-Dubinsky-Bjorkstrand
Hartnell-Sedlak-Anderson

Werenski-Jones
JJ-Savard
Carlsson-Nutivaara
Harrington

Last edited:

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
The reason the Habs haven't gotten their top 6 C is because they have a GM with no balls and limited intelligence to do the trade for one.

I find that hard to believe considering Bergevin has been one of the most proactive GM's the last couple of years and alos made one of the biggest trade franchise history (subban).

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
RNH for Savard+?
RNH for Anderson+?
I hope that is at 50% retained and a good prospect added from EDM... Savard is going no where and we just gave Vegas a first to keep Anderson. The most overpaid 3C in the league isn't getting some of our best players/young guys

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
How hilarious would it be if the Jackets just started looking for a Top 6 C just recently and actually got 1......while the habs who've been looking for a Top C for over a year still dont

Yeah, canes haven't been trying for the past 2 years or anything :laugh:

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
RNH for Jenner, then Murray and Calvert for Kovalchuk:

Panarin-Wennberg-Kovalchuk
Foligno-RNH-Atkinson
PLD/Milano-Dubinsky-Bjorkstrand
Hartnell-Sedlak-Anderson

Werenski-Jones
JJ-Savard
Carlsson-Nutivaara
Harrington
Jenner is worth more then RNH. Jenner wears an A here and had a slow year but went hot to end the year and was 1 of our best players in the playoffs. He had a 30G season the year before but just didn't have the PP time this year to get a chance to score that much. RNH would still be the 3C here and Jenner is as capable of a 3C for us as RNH only much much much cheaper.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I find that hard to believe considering Bergevin has been one of the most proactive GM's the last couple of years and alos made one of the biggest trade franchise history (subban).

Proactive at acquiring every bottom 6 player he could find. That's about it.
As for the Subban trade, I wouldn't call it the biggest in franchise history, but it was big. The problem was why it was done. Not that it was done. Lots of Habs fans think MB should have been fired after that one.

Last edited:

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

I am sure they didn't just start looking. And also they have more to offer in a deal than the Habs do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad