Columbus and New Jersey avoiding Pittsburgh

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
if Hall got hurt the devils are done. he has 93pts and the 2nd place scorer has 51...

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
That's not what I'm saying, but the Penguins were definitely the weakest team out of the 4 that I named in the regular season.

Capitals would be my most desired matchup but unless NJD somehow got an OT loss, I think it was out of their control to play them. Pitt and Tampa is a tough call but I don't blame them for avoiding Pitt

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
He's hardly the first player to miss the final game of the season to rest. Being healthy for the playoffs is more important than a regular season game. He decided not to risk it. If he played and broke his leg I don't think anyone would say it was worth it.

Reactions: Nocashstyle

Flyers1928

Jan 26, 2018
Canada
one of them has to play tampa most likely and id rather play PIT than TB or BOS. hope they both get swept

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Looks like Devils could get the Bruins. Doesn’t seem like a good match up for Devils.
I think they were banking on Tampa beating Carolina since they are still trying to get 1st in the atlantic. Throwing this game may have backfired on them, they match up better against pitt than they do against boston.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I think they were banking on Tampa beating Carolina since they are still trying to get 1st in the atlantic. Throwing this game may have backfired on them, they match up better against pitt than they do against boston.

Best part will be when the Pens go to try and line match in Philly but Haktard will do it for you.

Flip >>>Sid in that idiots peanut of a brain.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017

-Tampa game isnt over yet. But Tampa is in trouble without Stamkos. First report was day to day, now the knee is torn and might not even practice next week. Tampa is in big trouble.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
They scratched Half their teams to select their desried opponent.

Fair?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
They scratched Half their teams to select their desried opponent.

Fair?
I don’t think the Devils did that to get a desired opponent because they can face Boston right now which is the last team they want. A win would have guarenteed no Boston. They scratched their guys because we just had a crazy stretch to end the season and our top guys need a break.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Washington is happy about it, they get to avoid Philly who is the team they didn't wanna play

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Nothing wrong with resting players for playoffs. Both of those teams just clinched recently and have been playing hard to get in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad