Columbus and New Jersey avoiding Pittsburgh

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
The difference could be a Washington/Pittsburgh/TB/Bruins matchup depending on if they win or lose tonight. Although PIT are the 2 time defending champs, they were the weakest of all of those 4 teams and that should be who they want round 1.

Thoughts?

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
The difference could be a Washington/Pittsburgh/TB/Bruins matchup depending on if they win or lose tonight. Although PIT are the 2 time defending champs, they were the weakest of all of those 4 teams and that should be who they want round 1.

Thoughts?

-The bluejackets are doing the same exact thing, resting all top players and calling up ahl players. They want Philly to play Pittsburgh and both tanked. If Washington score holds which is now 3-1, NJ locks up the crossover to the Atlantic.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Devils will be a tough out for anyone they face. If the current score holds up, I am glad it won't be us, (Pens), as their speed gave us fits.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Teams spend major time scouting and planning and Devils and Columbus must believe Pens are not a good team for them right out of the gate. Not like the Pens are killing it this year. Who knows?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Devils and Jackets openly throwing games to avoid the Pens is nuts. Seems like they are the only two teams essentially forfeiting tonight. Will be great locker room ammo for the Bolts and Caps.

NJDevilsFan21

Trade Everyone!!
Nov 10, 2006
We've matched up well against PITT and TB this year, but not so much against Washington. I'd rather see OV get 50. So long as we don't have to play Boston... we have not done well against them this year at all.

Evergreen

I'd actually be more scared of Pittsburgh than I would be of Boston, Tampa or Washington. NJ and CBJ are probably perfectly happy to let the Flyers face Pittsburgh in the first round. CBJ has been awful against Washington and Pittsburgh, so I'm sure they would love NJ to win and be able to face Boston/Tampa instead.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Devils and Jackets openly throwing games to avoid the Pens is nuts. Seems like they are the only two teams essentially forfeiting tonight. Will be great locker room ammo for the Bolts and Caps.
Isles and Rangers did that in 2016 to avoid pittsburgh. Worked out ok for nyi, they got a series win out of it.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Isles and Rangers did that in 2016 to avoid pittsburgh. Worked out ok for nyi, they got a series win out of it.

I'm sure it happens, but you have to beat Pens eventually, would think you would rather get them early before they get rolling.

And it not like the alternatives are scrub teams.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Penguins are the toughest matchup in round 1

Youd have to be crazy to want to play them

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Should've forced Nico to rest too. This is the most he's ever played in a year.

Nico is extremely important, almost as much as Hall.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad